How to make money for people who can't work?

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by lixluke, Jul 3, 2008.

1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I got a job last year that lasted a few months. I have not worked since. I have difficulties with manual tasks. Especially anything that requires being on your feet alot, cleaning, etc. The only thing I seem to be good at is strategizing, giving orders/telling people what to do, and anaything that has to do with performing/having fun.

My apartment got robbed by this jackass that hated me for no reason. The police refuse to do anything because his prints weren't around. Now I am desperate for money to rebuild my headquarters(apartment). I have a computer business on the side custom building computers for people, but it's on ice right now as I have no equipment.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

Find a job working with computers that is like the side business. Do that until you don't need to anymore.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Have you considered telemarketing?

8. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

which is kind of like telling people what to do, but with manipulative finess. (and for me one of the most unpleasant I've ever done. I think purgatory will have a lot of tables for telemarketing)

9. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Take this test:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

It will tell you what careeers are good for your personality type. Get an education to learn the necessary skills for a particular career. Last but not least... work.

10. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

All Rationals (NTs) share the following core characteristics:

Rationals tend to be pragmatic, skeptical, self-contained, and focused on problem-solving and systems analysis.
    Rationals pride themselves on being ingenious, independent, and strong willed.
    Rationals make reasonable mates, individualizing parents, and strategic leaders.
    Rationals are even-tempered, they trust logic, yearn for achievement, seek knowledge, prize technology, and dream of understanding how the world works.
    Rationals are the problem solving temperament, particularly if the problem has to do with the many complex systems that make up the world around us. Rationals might tackle problems in organic systems such as plants and animals, or in mechanical systems such as railroads and computers, or in social systems such as families and companies and governments. But whatever systems fire their curiosity, Rationals will analyze them to understand how they work, so they can figure out how to make them work better.
    In working with problems, Rationals try to find solutions that have application in the real world, but they are even more interested in the abstract concepts involved, the fundamental principles or natural laws that underlie the particular case. And they are completely pragmatic about their ways and means of achieving their ends. Rationals don't care about being politically correct. They are interested in the most efficient solutions possible, and will listen to anyone who has something useful to teach them, while disregarding any authority or customary procedure that wastes time and resources.

Rationals have an insatiable hunger to accomplish their goals and will work tirelessly on any project they have set their mind to. They are rigorously logical and fiercely independent in their thinking -- are indeed skeptical of all ideas, even their own -- and they believe they can overcome any obstacle with their will power. Often they are seen as cold and distant, but this is really the absorbed concentration they give to whatever problem they're working on. Whether designing a skyscraper or an experiment, developing a theory or a prototype technology, building an aircraft, a corporation, or a strategic alliance, Rationals value intelligence, in themselves and others, and they pride themselves on the ingenuity they bring to their problem solving.

Rationals are very scarce, comprising as little as 5 to 10 percent of the population. But because of their drive to unlock the secrets of nature, and to develop new technologies, they have done much to shape our world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.

INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice.

In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know". Typical INTJ career choices are in the sciences and engineering, but they can be found wherever a combination of intellect and incisiveness are required (e.g., law, some areas of academia). INTJs can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy) many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

Probably the strongest INTJ assets in the interpersonal area are their intuitive abilities and their willingness to "work at" a relationship. Although as Ts they do not always have the kind of natural empathy that many Fs do, the Intuitive function can often act as a good substitute by synthesizing the probable meanings behind such things as tone of voice, turn of phrase, and facial expression. This ability can then be honed and directed by consistent, repeated efforts to understand and support those they care about, and those relationships which ultimately do become established with an INTJ tend to be characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Functional Analysis
    by Joe Butt

Introverted iNtuition
    INTJs are idea people. Anything is possible; everything is negotiable. Whatever the outer circumstances, INTJs are ever perceiving inner pattern-forms and using real-world materials to operationalize them. Others may see what is and wonder why; INTJs see what might be and say "Why not?!" Paradoxes, antinomies, and other contradictory phenomena aptly express these intuitors' amusement at those whom they feel may be taking a particular view of reality too seriously. INTJs enjoy developing unique solutions to complex problems.

Extraverted Thinking
    Thinking in this auxiliary role is a workhorse. Closure is the payoff for efforts expended. Evaluation begs diagnosis; product drives process. As they come to light, Thinking tends, protects, affirms and directs iNtuition's offspring, fully equipping them for fulfilling and useful lives. A faithful pedagogue, Thinking argues not so much on its own behalf, but in defense of its charges. And through this process these impressionable ideas take on the likeness of their master.

Introverted Feeling
    Feeling has a modest inner room, two doors down from the Most Imminent iNtuition. It doesn't get out much, but lends its influence on behalf of causes which are Good and Worthy and Humane. We may catch a glimpse of it in the unspoken attitude of good will, or the gracious smile or nod. Some question the existence of Feeling in this type, yet its unseen balance to Thinking is a cardinal dimension in the full measure of the INTJ's soul.

Extraverted Sensing
    Sensing serves with a good will, or not at all. As other inferior functions, it has only a rudimentary awareness of context, amount or degree. Thus INTJs sweat the details or, at times, omit them. "I've made up my mind, don't confuse me with the facts" could well have been said by an INTJ on a mission. Sensing's extraverted attitude is evident in this type's bent to savor sensations rather than to merely categorize them. Indiscretions of indulgence are likely an expression of the unconscious vengeance of the inferior.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Still INTP.

"Architects need not be thought of as only interested in drawing blueprints for buildings or roads or bridges. They are the master designers of all kinds of theoretical systems, including school curricula, corporate strategies, and new technologies. For Architects, the world exists primarily to be analyzed, understood, explained - and re-designed. External reality in itself is unimportant, little more than raw material to be organized into structural models. What is important for Architects is that they grasp fundamental principles and natural laws, and that their designs are elegant, that is, efficient and coherent.

Architects are rare - maybe one percent of the population - and show the greatest precision in thought and speech of all the types. They tend to see distinctions and inconsistencies instantaneously, and can detect contradictions no matter when or where they were made. It is difficult for an Architect to listen to nonsense, even in a casual conversation, without pointing out the speaker's error. And in any serious discussion or debate Architects are devastating, their skill in framing arguments giving them an enormous advantage. Architects regard all discussions as a search for understanding, and believe their function is to eliminate inconsistencies, which can make communication with them an uncomfortable experience for many.

Ruthless pragmatists about ideas, and insatiably curious, Architects are driven to find the most efficient means to their ends, and they will learn in any manner and degree they can. They will listen to amateurs if their ideas are useful, and will ignore the experts if theirs are not. Authority derived from office, credential, or celebrity does not impress them. Architects are interested only in what make sense, and thus only statements that are consistent and coherent carry any weight with them.

Architects often seem difficult to know. They are inclined to be shy except with close friends, and their reserve is difficult to penetrate. Able to concentrate better than any other type, they prefer to work quietly at their computers or drafting tables, and often alone. Architects also become obsessed with analysis, and this can seem to shut others out. Once caught up in a thought process, Architects close off and persevere until they comprehend the issue in all its complexity. Architects prize intelligence, and with their grand desire to grasp the structure of the universe, they can seem arrogant and may show impatience with others who have less ability, or who are less driven.

Albert Einstein as the iconic Rational is an Architect"

cool

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Step 2. Pick a career matching your personality and get educated for it.

13. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

MASTERMIND
    All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.
    In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

I think this is the best career. Where can I get a job as a mastermind?

14. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

A thread dedicated to pure fail. Nice.

I seriously doubt you can be gainfully employed or useful in any way because you have a shit attitude.

No one would employ you as a 'mastermind' you idiot. Masterminds employ themselves. Lol.

The whole getting money thing sounds pretty simple:

Have a skill or product that other people need and are willing to buy from you.

You will fail because no one would want to have deal with you to buy something from you or pay you for your services. Well, I suppose you could always change but meh. Well, perhaps eventually.

The fact is, you're useless and you really don't want to do anything of value for anyone but yourself - and even that is a fucking hassle to you.

Face it, you're a piece of shit.

Do that and maybe you'll have somethign to build on.

You won't though, so I'm mostly writing this just to mock your fail.

No one will hold their breath I'm sure.

15. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

If you didn't know, step 2 is ?????.

Then,

Step 3: Profit.

Sheeeeeeeeeez.

16. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

- as if this isn't a clue.

no reason eh? lol.

and you want a job as a 'mastermind'. the fail is strong with this one.

17. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Mastermind is a temperament... not a career. Here are some steps that you must follow if you're serious about earning cash:

1) Realize that you are not smart, knowledgeable, or a winner. If you cannot get past these simple truths then there's no sense in you (or me) bothering.

2) Go back and take the test. Read everything in the results that has to do with career. Ignore everything else.

3) Pick a career and get educated.

4) Work (for yourself or for someone else).

18. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

watchutalkinboutwillis?

19. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I decided to move out of my apartment to stay with a relative to save money until I can get eveything back together. All these careers seem to take a great amount of time and devotion/study into a particular field. Don't they have anything I can get now that will make me money now? My plan is to make money under the table unless it is more lucrative to make money "legitimately".

(Say I get $500 per month passive income. If I make earned income under the table, I make as much a I want. If I work on the record, I will lose $0.50 per every $1.00 dollar I make up to $500.00.

For example, if I make $10.00/hour before taxes to my oppressors. That is $1,739.28 per month. After taxes, that in earned $1,565.35. Because I made at least $1000.00 earned income, and I lose $500.00. Therefore, I only made $1065.35. Which before taxes is. $1183.72. Which is $6.81 per hour.)

If I can make $25.00 per hour under the table, I should be able to save up. a decent amount of money for a down payment on an acre for my lair, a computer, and a vehicle. I don't waste time or money on consumer minded nonsense such as social gatherings, movies, clubs, bbqs, drugs/substances, clothes, etc. I find foolish and pathetic to be spending time on leisurley nonsense when there is oppression around the world that needs to be thrwarted, and poor people are dying.

All of my money will first go towards securing myself a lair, a vehicle, computer. There will be nothing in the lair in terms of lounging, multimedia, and consumer minded activities. There will be a bed, symphony desk, bathroom, kitchen, and emptry space for future utilization. Once this is secure, and I have steady income flow. I will use my funds and resources towards starting and building a business. No profits shall go towards vacations, movies, or cheeseburgers. All profits will be used for 2 things. Business expansion, and to raise an army of pacifist soldiers for world peace.

20. draqon Banned Banned

a way to make money is by crawling into peoples' houses and taking their cash...but that is immoral, of course.

another way to make money is to not eat anything, not drink anything, not do anything...to die and rot slowly...so no need for money

another way to make money is to look for online jobs and sell stuff over at ebay...but that means you need business experience

21. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Welding. Arc and acetylene. It pays decent and learning the skill is fast.

You can earn money under the table by doing something illegal or working for yourself and not reporting your income. Either way, if you get caught, the punishment could be severe.

If I were you, I wouldn't even be thinking about a business until I had a high degree of competence in a marketable skill. As far as raising a peace army is concerned, you're better off joining an existing organization that has competent leadership and real resources.

22. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

There are no organizations with competent leadership as far as I know. They all seem to be quite incompetent. My marketable skill is in entertainment. Welding sounds very difficult. I came accross some ideas about computers certifications such as Windows Vista and Cisco. That seems way easier than welding. Lower level certs are probably easy to get. All you have to do is study a bunch of material, and take a test. Higher levels seem tedious. Sorry about your idea about me realizing I'm not smart. Even if I wasn't smart, I find it easy to study material in any area, and pass the test. Stuff like that comes much easier for me than something like welding.

Can somebody devise a plan for me get a Windows certification? Before I aim for that, I will need a few things:
    1. An easy job with steady pay that does not require customer servitude, sales, or any form of physical effort.
    2. A place to live with internet access.
    3. A computer.

RESOURCES
    (Stuff that I already have.)
    Bank account.
    Clothes.
    Personal care supplies.
    Cell phone.
    Food stamps = $162/month.
    Passive income = $575/month.
    Currency trading account.
    Computer side business.
    Second Life account. (My Second Life business is on hold.)

DESCRIPTION OF SECOND LIFE HOLDINGS
    In August, 2005, Second Life was not free. There was a 7 day free trial. I played, and decided to invest in real eastate. In one month, I turned $30.00 into $70.00 selling land. I came back for another month. I turned $25.00 into $150.00 in one month pioneering a new business in Second Life that had never existed before.

It was a genius idea that is being carried on by Second Life members today. It was my idea of a free sex park. Before I started playing SL, there was no such thing as the free sex park. There were only many strip clubs, prostitutes, and night clubs. Prostitution was everywhere. I originally invented the idea of a free sex park to attract people to land I was selling. At the time, there were many nightclubs in competition with one another throwing events giving away money. SL Players would come to these huge nightclubs to party and win contests for money. I also saw how much money strip clubs, casinos, and prostitution organizations were making. Second Life players had a demand for sex.

I had 2 parcels of land I wanted to sell. I figured if I opened up a dance hall club, people would come to my land for dance hall music, see that it was for sale, and buy it for more than I would get if I sold it on the exchange. Land with popular clubs would naturally cost more than barren land. The dance hall thing didn't work out. At the same time I was making plans for a free sex movement that would allow people to meet for free sex. No prostitution. Players who just wanted to have sex could have a way to meet eachother to have sex.

I decided to open a free sex park on the land I was selling. I employed a number of strategies. I would hold no money prize contests or money giveaways. For one, I found it rediculous to give away money just to get people to come to your club. Most of all, I needed to make sure that people were coming to my park for sex and only sex. If you are a player looking for sex, it would not be befitting for you to arrive at the park, only to find out a potential partner is there for money giveaways.

Another strategy was low scripts. Things that add artistic flare required scripts to be running on your property such as fire, water, and other moving decorations. I designed my park to be beautiful with a very minimal amount of scripts running. This caused less lag and free mobility on the player's end. Popular clubs were using a ton of scripts making it hard for players to move. I got lots of compliments from players who liked the free mobility of my park. A year later when another player was creating her sex park, I tried to advise her not to use too many scripts. Before I could say anything, she would not let me talk claiming she didn't need advice on her park. Eventually, she was suffering because people were complaining that it was hard to move around there. She contacted me asking me what she should do, and I didn't say anything.

My other strategy was to make prostitution illegal at the park. Another one was to sell furniture and sex equipment right at the park for profit. I designed everything at the park. Even the furniture and the sex equipment. I put price tags on them so people would buy them. Everything the players were using at the park could be bought by players immediately.

At first I figured that the turn out would be better than my dance hall club. The turn out was much much better, and I wasn't that surprised about it. Ultimately my goal was to sell that land for a jacked up price. I did so, and made money. After that, I didn't come back for another 2 months.

When I came back 2 months later, I opened another sex park. Just like before, I set it up very nice for people to come and meet to have sex right at the park. This time, I wouldn't sell my land. I would just have a sex park bringing me in steady income. It worked out well, and I profited $600 in 2 months from a $100 investment. This park peaked at #6 in Second Life's most popular places. I decided to discontinue because I was afraid the currency values were too unstable. With such instability, doing business in SL would not be too profitable.

While I was running this park, 3 other parks opened up operation, but were not successful. The investors of the other parks invested way more money, and hardly made anything. After I left with my $600 in the beginning of 2006, one of the sex parks was sold to some girl. She turned it into a sex island. Islands cost over $1,000 and $200 per month. She lost alot of money on that. Currently, I am aware that there are a few competing sex parks in Second Life. They are doing fairly well using my organizational model and strategies.

I personally have no land or business in Second Life. I own the Free Sex Community and I also own Simple Pleasure which is the brand name of products I designed including furniture, devices, and sex equipment. I currently have them in my inventory, and not really selling them.

I could open a sex park, fit it full of nice furniture and sex equipment. Players could come there to have sex and shop for Simple Pleasure products. The sections would be separate. The products in the sex section were not for sale, the others section would display the entire inventory for sale. I use a very effective marketing strategy advertising the park using the Second Life event notification interface.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  23. draqon Banned Banned