Human Evolution

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Robert_js, Feb 20, 2004.

1. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

You continue to mix up belief with evidence. You are so indoctrinated in the ways of unquestioning faith (syn. brain damage) that you posit the same sort of idiocy on everyone else. How self-centered.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If you only turned that same skepticism on your own faith-based beliefs, you would realize they are all deeply flawed.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

As the IDer think Earth is only 6000 years old it is not necessary to use radioactive dating etc going back million of years to show how silly they are. Doesn't work anyway as they just claim method is wrong, even when confirmed by mutual overlap of different methods agreeing on same sample, or Carbon based method overlapping with the tree growth ring records (Not only of recent trees but the overlap of fossilized ones, sectioned together. - By matching decades (or even hundreds of years in some overlaps cycles) of wet and dry year overlap cycles for more than 30,000 years back.

Why not instead use ice core record where years are clearly separated as distinct layers, one from the next? They go back more than 60,000 years as I recall. Nothing to speculated or be wrong about as the record is continuous (no “overlapping” required) in the ice core with summers following winters and is very clear* and at least 10 times longer than their baseless idea of the age of the Earth.
    ------------------------------
    *Can even accurately tell how much snow fell each winter.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Ha! (playing IAC here). Keep on believing that Billy T-Rex. You do know that as snow falls it can make drifts which appear as multiple layers even in one year. Sheesh! And you guys call yourselves scientists. Ha!

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Billy T, I think the ice cores go back 450,000 years.

9. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Well I guess it depends on who you talk to, huh guys?

Some say that during the Ice Age there were more wet periods during the course of a year, so there's a third opinion, now who is right?

10. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Rapid fluctuations in the young earths climate caused melting and re freezing until it stabilized after a few years, about 6000 years ago.

11. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

You're right IAC. You clearly have the upper hand here, so I've switched sides. To hell with science and actual evidence. Belief is sooo much easier. Yay!

12. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

They're all wrong, and so are you. God doesn't exist and science has no clue either, the Matrix is real. Everything around you is just a perfect simulation that isn't real, it tricks you into believing in god because it doesn't want people finding out the Truth. You're so gullible, it was even revealed in the Holy Movies yet you still don't see it.

But believe what you want, ignorance is bliss!

13. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

If "The Matrix" supposedly tricked me, then The Matrix has a mind, does it have a name too, Steve, Leo, Ted?

14. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Fraggle Rocker: I am glad I merely asked you for a source rather than posting that I thought you were way off base.

When you cited Wikipedia, I was still skeptical and did some searching for other sources.

You were right: Sea level was up to 400 feet lower in the era from about 20,000 to 60,000 years ago.

15. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

No mind, just programming. And nobody programmed it, it's always existed since the beginning of time.

16. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Who progammed "the Matrix?"

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If you talk to people that know the science, they say that analysis of the ice reveals seasonal variations in temperature dependent isotopes and irradiation. If you talk to creationists, they will give you a wrong uneducated answer.

Sorry, the ice cores go back earlier. Results from the Epica core were published in 2004 and 2005, detailing the events back to 440,000 years and 650,000 years respectively. Scientists have now gone the full way through the column, back another 150,000 years.

The picture is the same: carbon dioxide and temperature rise and fall in step.

Like tiny time capsules, bubbles trap ancient samples of atmosphere
    "Ice cores reveal the Earth's natural climate rhythm over the last 800,000 years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/5314592.stm

18. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

No not an "OPINION" - The cores are in cold storage for further study. Even uneducated you can see the annual bands going back and clearly distinct for more than 50,000 years. Once you get back more than about 200,000 years they are still detectable but not to the naked or slightly aidded* eye. They are from place in Antartic where it never has rained, only snowed, and several miles thick. Again, your post only shows your ignorance.

All above is from memory and I may not have all the above exactly correct, but even correction by factor of 10 would not save the silly IDer's POV that the "Earth is 6000 years old, animals all made on one day" etc.
    ----------------------------
    *Magnifying glass.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2007
  19. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

How do you know they are annual bands?

20. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Same way we know the tree rings are - we see more forming each year. How dumb can you get?

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Seasonal variations in temperature dependent isotopes and irradiation, calibration with known volcanic events, and other methods...

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/icecores.html

22. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Who says the climate cycles were the same during the Ice Age?

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The measurements prove it. The Earth's orbit around the Sun doesn't vary so much that there are warm periods every other year, or something.