Human gods

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Xelasnave.1947, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I tried to take photos last night with just the DSLR at 70mm 3200 ISO and could not understand why the final photo had so little exposure until I found that somehow the camera was set at F 16 ..you can only laugh...F16 how I don't know...anyways back to F5 which is great because both refractors are F5 so you get and overall feel for exposure...From last night after stacking it came out near black ..After hours of processing I bought out some stars but not at all acceptable...great experience for getting detail with horrible data..a real test.

I should make a list of all the human gods around the Mediterranean that had 12 followers died and were resurrected but why bother the educated folk would already know and the Jan and Bowser group would think it's just atheist lies. Look at how Jan ignores the solid evidence contained in the fosil record...of course if they had one bone fragment that they decided came from JC well then it would be fossils are great proof.

Thank goodness it is clearing..getting out for even an unsuccessful run last night was wonderful except the old mount ( set on a concrete block with a heavy steel mount) needs to be moved ...rotated, about one mm to the South ... man enough to bring out the axe and throw a tantrum..it took days getting it right and it's wrong..no worries but it will be fun coming up with a solution. Still with short exposures and wide field and F5 Not F16 should manage something tonight. F16 can you believe it? And outta position by one mm...well it's more a case that is with all the adjustment used up in asmuith so it's really more like 7 And a half mm maybe 4...I like it to sit exactly in the middle...just knowing that it's not just gets to me..

But I have been really thinking about this god thing and reckon it can be approached like this.

The word God should be treated as the same as nature, physics and chemistry all rolled into one and not identified as a he or she or even an it..and not seen to have intelligence or purpose ..a non entity...just the rules of science in a non personal way..so god does not do things but nature , as embodied by physics science chemistry dictates how things work...there is no sin other than sprouting unevidenced creator type gods and human gods exist when the clearly do not.

If you pray you can treat it as thinking out aloud wishing for whatever outcome knowing that things will happen as they will and talking to yourself probably won't help. Having a pet to talk to is preferable.

Then if you have your bible you can read a story and fit it to what nature dictates...like the flood is a story showing how nature can deliver mass extinction and if you have some breeding stock the world will recover. No need to think of it literally. That the ark was a metaphor in effect for eco system and Noah perhaps represents the endangered species.

At least the cabin crazy has settled. Jan and Apeman will no doubt be happy with my tolerant approach and making sense of God.

Alex

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Consider yourself zapped...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

The ancient polytheistic religions weren't based on astrology, I don't know where you're getting your information. These gods were interacted with by communities through ritual, omens, and prophecy. They're not just symbols or ciphers or archetypes. They are beings with personalities, interests, and agency.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I did not say that they were.

I referred to various human gods based in astrology and they actually are monotheistic..there is only one Sun you know... each of which were monotheistic...Jesus for example.

I was not referring to say gods like Mars and Jupiter...mmm could they be astrology based? I don't know ..but the gods I refer to are the ones that have a human personify the Sun in brief terms.

You could make a guess..the internet. But you are barking up the wrong tree and I am sure when you understand the human gods that I am talking about you will no longer wonder about the validity of my information.

Interesting and please let me appologise for not being clearer...but I did say the various human gods found around the Mediteranian based on astrology ... the various cults like christianity where the god was born on 25th December, had 12 followers, was crucified and resurrected after three days...those ones..you do know about those ones? If not watch a couple of YouTube videos and bring yourself up to speed.
    Alex