Humans are so Human,

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Mar 16, 2006.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

why is that?

yes i know we are humans so how can we not act like humans, because thats what we are right,

well actually i was just thinking, we have the ability to not act like "humans" due to our awareness and high consciousness levels, our intelect is massive for an earthly animal.

so why do we always make the same mistakes over and over?. why dont we use our full awareness and consciousness to our real advantage,

why dont we brake free from the simple emotions that plauge us?. we are capable of doing it and evolving to the next level of human awareness, wch is not effected by simple human emotions,

why are most of us slaves to emotion and human logic when we dont have to be?

peace.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. duendy Registered Senior Member

hehehhhhhh...you seem on a diferent trip than me. you see i am not seeing EMOTION as thepoblem as you do, though i agree that a limited understanding of what 'reason/logic' is a huge part of the problem for the humans its a problem for

As i am learning itis not that emotion is a problem but rather the suppression of emotion, and reprssion...and the mainpulation of emotion by power-elite propaganda!......

i have sensed you on many occasions at these forums suggest that postivity is superior to negativity. bu i dont. i is false for me this emphasis on positivity when negativty is crying out fr release...some people really do NOT FEEl 'positive' for various reasons. so why shoudl they be battered to feel they MUt be positive. why not encourage them to be aware of teir negativity. for as you must know, considering your long interest in Taoism, negative and postive are dynamically related

so how do i mean smeotion is suppressed and mainpulated?
    people have been made to fell fearful of expressing deep emotion. in fact they have been PERSECUTED from doing it for generations!...this persecution began when warrior bullies took away thewIndigenous freedom of group emoion as inspired with psychedelic sacraments.......
    they replaced that need with a 'scapegoat'. ie., that instead of reeasing energies, it was made to believe A 'thing/animal/person/group' was reponsible for inner and communal conflict....get me?

the manipulation is when oppressive State uses IMAGERY to coerce pople to adhere to thei puppetry. sex, needs, deep desires re fixed thru cleverly contrived popaganda techniques to fix onto cultural artifacts, be them products not needed, concumerism, lifestyles, and even war......they use archetypal imagery to do this. tink of one of te earilest forms of this popganda technique, the myth of te Garden of Eden. they are using very anint images, Tree, Serpent, etc etc, and distorting the MEANING for their own ends....the orignal imagery was associatative, poetical, coming from prepatriarchal people's ecstatic experience and union with land and community. but the patriarchs USE that imagery in a way that subverts this deeper stratum of emotion, which should be spontaneous and benevolent

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

yes you have good points.

but im more getting at the point of expressing emotions and involving emotions into disscussion and debate and other areas of our lives,

maybe i am asking why,

why do we let our emotions impare our perception and judgement,

cant we leave emotions seperate from logic truth and fact?

peace.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. duendy Registered Senior Member

well no. think mr spok, star trek. there is a character whose SUPPOSED to have no emotion isn't he. but its impossible to portray. ahuman's face hs vast amounts of expressions. you cant fool noone...not even yourself

emotion, passion is what makes us animal human real

whats happened in our history is that an idea came about that LOGOS is seperate from emotions....the former becomes 'male' and 'stella/order' and latter 'female' earth/changing....so what tis did/dos is create a schism in the indiciodual who believes it. so you get the ascetic disiplins who demand you tame emotion, and be 'positive' and so on

did you know that in Indian yoga they even resorted to not looking at Nature for fear of being seduced away into sensuality. so they practiced 'one-pointed awreness' imagining that doing so would relese them from Earth, body, and 'trap' of emoitions....???

8. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

here's a little poem on what I think about humans:

humans!!!
    humans...
    humans

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

humans

humans :/
    humans :\
    bah, humans

)

And from the film "Legend" -> Oona: "What care I for human hearts? Soft and spiritless as porridge! A faerie's heart beats fierce and free!"

-------------------
    Of course we can. I myself do it quite frequently. Just yesterday I had an overwhelming desire to delete my internet blog,
    but immediately I recognized that it's on emotional grounds, there are simple reasons why I had these emotions (psychoanalysis), and the emotions themselves were not rational;
    that let me distance from them, sort of as look from above on the emotion,
    I smiled about it, kept my blog and returned to the normal state if mind.

It really has to do with how well one knows his/her mind and consciousness,
    but controlling existing emotions is a lot harder than creating them (which I consciously do all the time for my enjoyment and writing). Harder because you have to know yourself a lot better and distinguish between your SELF (as in hinduism) and the merely mental sheet which "floats" above the real ground, but between those two there's also the private unconsciousness - and that's not all that there is, quite a jungle actually.

The drawback is that other people start to see you as inhuman, because your responses to outer stimuli don't match with their.

p.s. I suggest to read the Egyptian Book of The Dead known as well as the Papyrus of Ani. A little knowledge in Egyptian mythology is required to understand it, but then it guides well in the underworld for a human to reach in the energies of the abyss that lays below the waken mind. Osiris joins with Osiris, it's an atomic bomb in that jungle.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  9. duendy Registered Senior Member

oftentimes the 'logic' aint rational!

10. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

example?

11. duendy Registered Senior Member

hahahhh. why the whole of currently accepted western philosophy dear boy

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

That is no answer, because it has no particular example in it,
    furthermore - there is no one western philosophy, I have no idea what you mean by that.

13. duendy Registered Senior Member

anglo-american academic philosophy

14. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

ok, give me a particular example on how logic is not rational in it

15. duendy Registered Senior Member

in its sepcialized approach to 'philosophy' it creates a limited version of 'logic' based on the scientific method.

you may have noticed that fo a while now i have criticised mterialistic science and its scientific method as being 'irrational'....ie its SUPER-'rational'/ultra-mechanist worldview/ re;igius assumptions about reality actually turn into its opposite. bit like a comedy but with plenty of tragedy from inevitable fall-out in real world.
    also the tragedy is that many dont realize just how irrational they really are. this is because they have lost memory of non-rationality

16. TheAlphaWolf Registered Senior Member

Let's use logic and think about this for a second:
    When people used your version of logic- Hu'huata and ikimongo (made up names) lived in caves, scared out of their minds every time a thunderstorm came because they didn't know what they had done to anger god(s).
    When people use real logic- People go to the moon, people can go see other planets, we can communicate with others across the world, we have the ability to fly, we know what causes thunder storms, etc.

Hmm, tough choice.

17. duendy Registered Senior Member

YOUR 'logic' right there has made fo yourself tis little boxed-up scenario tat really is just part of your own personal fancy world
    you have homogeized--in your little fantasyworld-what yu believe it must have been like for 'ancient man' bla de bla.......howEVER. IF say yu were to join an Indigenous people who lived more connected with anient ways thn us 'moderns'...you probably would not find it easy at all despite your so-called 'logic'. jusat being able to hunt an animal, or negotiate a canoo, or find foods in a jungle and so on...???

can YOU 'go to the moon'? if i ask you to build me a rocket now sos we can go to the moon, can ya?

18. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Oh, but can they go to opera, use the internet, read books, listen to Vivaldi at home and enjoy aromatic baths? It's called culture, duendy.
    And I don't need to hunt an animal or make a canoe, because I can buy rice at a local store and use a bus or train instead.

19. duendy Registered Senior Member

you ar SOOO consumer!!
    gawd elp yu if they pull the plug out. you'll be looost.

20. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

It's not a question of what you like or dislike, it's the question on the potential to choose.
    Nobody prohibits you to pack your stuff and go to some far away place and live in the jungle.
    Besides I have enough hiking experience to live in the wild if needed,
    alas I doubt it'll ever happen because civilizations flourished even without modern day mechanical inventions. And about that plug - I can always construct a wind generator on the roof for my personal needs, I don't know how to do it now, but I can always pick up a manual and learn - that's the difference between me and a jungle dweller, I have the knowledge of thousands of people accessable to me whenever I want.

p.s. duendy, I hear you live on social benefits. What'll happen with you if they pull the plug on that?

21. duendy Registered Senior Member

dont lisen to gossip is my advice. and DON'T gossip.

22. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Of course I know, but that doesn't make my opera experience less enjoyable.
    I don't have to, I can just order this book for example: http://www.wxtrade.com/detail.asp?id=14986
    or read this website: http://www.waterexchangeuk.com/energybook/windpower_guide.htm

23. duendy Registered Senior Member