I can see minute internal molecules/particles in air with my NAKED EYES. what I do?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Golden_eyes, May 27, 2008.

1. billvon Valued Senior Member

Right. Your eyes are magic and can see the air. That's a much more reasonable explanation than that you have a common ocular condition.

Michael 345 likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Cataracts.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

(I am astonished at how difficult it is to get a Googled pic of a grainy photo...

If I try carefully to concentrate on my vision, this is what I see (lousy pic but it'll suit my purpose):

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The world seems to be made up, not of solid colours, but of colour "noise" - it's made up of specks of colour near the limit of resolution, but still resolvable.

I don't see it all the time; I have to concentrate on a featureless area - maybe the black deck of my laptop or maybe the sky.

I think everyone sees this, and I think we fall into three groups:
    1] Those who have never become aware of it
    2] Those who are aware of it, but see it as just an artifact of vision
    3] Those who are freaked out by it, thinking no one else can see what they see.

I think it is an artifact of the retina and of the brain. Our vision is made of discrete elements after all.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

and the brain trains its self to fill in the blanks

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Indeed. But, like many visual artifacts, that does not necessarily preclude our ability to spot it under the right circumstances.

RainbowSingularity likes this.