I hate guns.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by laladopi, Jan 3, 2009.

1. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

I think all guns should be destroyed along with other tactics that kill and represent power. Like bombs, poisons and propaganda.

Doesn't everyone agree?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

:roflmao:

How about BFR's, and BFS's, and Hands, Feet, Long Rope, Fire............

BFR---Big Frigging Rock

BFS---Big Frigging Sticks

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It's not weapons themselves that are the problem, it's the humans that use them that are the biggest problem for they really don't know how to handle themselves let alone weapons of any type. Taking weapons out of humans hands won't prevent murder, rape and corruption ever.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

you can get rid of all the weapons you want, but fighting is what we do. Ever had a sibling beat you up? It starts early.

8. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

Well at least if we got rid of such things all I listed wars and fights wouldn't escalate into using such things, you can only kill one person with a stick or a rock to an extent. You can kill millions with guns and bombs. At least with knifes they can be useful and if a rifle is in the hands of someone humble enough to only kill his dinner is it justified.

9. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

Come on, seriously. You don't think I already know that you can make knifes out of basically anything, like those in jail. But true obviously the problem is humans but without guns and bombs and such there wouldn't be such a huge disaster of lives being lost over who thinks they are more justified than the other. It's all BULLSHIT.

10. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

Yes, but it got handled in other ways than someone having the last word with a gun.

11. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

I know but the crime rate would go way done and shoot outs wouldn't be a problem and less people would be left dead.

12. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

So no one agrees?

13. Idle Mind What the hell, man? Valued Senior Member

Well, I think people who are going to commit a violent crime will do so regardless of whether or not they have a gun.

A better solution would likely be mandatory gun safety courses for anyone trying to buy a firearm and stricter regulation. But, that's not been shown to be overly effective either.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

as a woman who could be knocked out by a man with one well aimed punch to the face, I like the option of being able to have a gun.

15. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

We didn't always have guns. How was life then? Is life better now(for the average piss and moaner like yerself), than say... the middle ages or ancient times?

How do you propose to get rid of the guns?

Be careful, if you answer is to only have them in the hands of police and "authority", then I might have to take measures to stop you. I'm no one's fucking slave.

16. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Perhaps the gun violence might fall but then knives and other weapons will be used so the killing still will go on. When people want to kill someone they will always find a way to do so no matter how many weapons you take away for humans are the problem not the weapons. Humans cannot control themselves in many instances when murders happen. So you take away the gun you'd still have one angry human that would find another avenue to kill with. :shrug:

17. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

I think we should rid of guns. I know that fights wouldn't stop because people will use other ways to kill people. But with guns you can kill many more people than with the potency of a rock.

18. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

Yes life is better today than yesterday, that's what I am grateful for.
    I am not a piss an moaner how do you even figure, I'm bringing up conversation.
    I don't know how I would propose to get rid of guns, it's a friggin' thought!
    I was always thinking that police shouldn't have the right to carry one as well.
    Because without guns it could never escalate to such a level. people are crazy and will use knifes but at least on the bigger picture less people would be dead.

19. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

Why are you assuming I'm trying to point out that murders would stop? I know it would not stop someone from killing another. If guns where not around then less would be left dead now a days.

20. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

No not really, and as to wars, it is simple to make a Bow and Arrow, black powder, simple guns, muzzle loaders, cannons.

If some one wants to start a war, they will find the weapons, and then those who don't have weapons will become the victims.

It is the Human who is the problem.

21. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

I know it is the human that is the problem. I am not trying to object to that.
    What I am saying is that if their weren't any guns, bombs poison's etc. then there would be less people dying. Of course you cannot stop someone from fighting.

22. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Really? actually I think it would get worse, just look at the dark ages, no guns, but plenty of killing.

23. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Who is going to take the guns away from the people who have them? It is a noble aim, but probably - today - impractical.