I have the Flu!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by superstring01, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike47 Banned Banned

I got a little bit of coughing, sore throat, fever and fatigue .
    My doctor wrote me antibiotics and cough syrup .
    The doc said I got a cold .
    A friend of mine who works as a paramedics told me the doc should not have written me the antibiotics for the cold . Since I have them I am taking them, taking the cough syrup and plenty of juices .
    Of course with this bug with me I can not have any vaccination until it is all cleared out . In my area you can have the regular seasonal flu vaccine at the doc's office but unless you are a high risk person you can not have the H1N1 swine flu vaccine . The rest of the population have to wait .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superstring01 Moderator

Dude. . . when did I start this thread? I've been sick for THAT long. I just had to call off work AGAIN for this.

Keep in mind, that I haven't called off at all in the past five years except to be rushed to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy.

~String

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bells Staff Member

Bleh

I had it. Was horrible. Ended up with pneumonia when it made my asthma flare. The shocking part of it though was how quickly it flared. I was fine in the morning (Friday morning) and by that night I felt like death (temperature was spiking and combined with chills and pain, along with the usual sore throat and sore everywhere). By the next morning my asthma had flared and I went to see a doctor (was a Saturday morning so my normal GP was closed) who prescribed me massive doses of cortisone and nothing else, which killed my immune system and I went into shutdown basically. By the Monday morning I thought I was going to die to be honest (could not breath and my blood pressure was all over the place) and was suffering from cortisone overdose because the idiot gp I saw on the weekend thought he could cure my asthma by giving me 3 times the dose I should have been given. My regular GP rushed all the tests and xray's and saw I had pneumonia and the swine flu. A week later I could still barely speak and the coughing.. ugh.. Took nearly a month before I stopped coughing.

Be warned, it can take weeks before you even start to feel remotely human.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superstring01 Moderator

Tell me 'bout it! It's been two weeks and I'm still dysfunctional.

~String

8. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

ur drs are stupid too?!!! I was told I had the flu a month ago, just to find out 2days later it was a savear allergic reaction, and if I didnt go back to the dr, I could have become a crippled hunchback that wouldnt be able to move my arms ever again... the reaction caused all my muscles to tence up and I could barely pick up a blanket, and when I walked, I looked like the hunchback while limping and crying... and then my muscles would spazm again and omg.. I wanted to just die!

9. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

My boyfriend caught the flu, don't know if it's H1N1 or not yet though, he won't go to the doctor. Such a silly man.

I am not catching this though, no matter what. I'm ready to fight.

10. superstring01 Moderator

It's the only strain going around. Tell him not to mess with it. If he gets REALLY sick he needs to see a doc.

~String

11. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

That's what I told him, but he thinks he's fine. But I'll make him go, if it gets bad.

12. mike47 Banned Banned

How can you fight the H1 N1 or other flues without a vaccine ?.
    Flues are contagious and easy to catch .

13. superstring01 Moderator

True.

The flu can only be fought by an antiviral that is effective against influenza (i.e. Tamiflu).

And, yeah, people who think they can isolate themselves away from the flu are idiots. It's coming people! Swine flu is gonna' getcha'!!!

~String

14. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

That sounds familiar. Whatever the threshold is 80-90 whatever % MUST get H1N1 before it "goes away" for another generation...

H1N1 Flu shot just prolongs the misery. Perhaps...Perhaps it might help reduce the % of people that must become Immune before it's gone for another 20-30 years.

15. superstring01 Moderator

Actually, that's not even remotely how it works.

Everybody will be exposed. A vaccine is just an early exposure and causes the body to develop the same anti-bodies that develop during an actual infection. The immunity does absolutely nothing to the eventual mutation of the virus. Influenza, being one of the fastest mutating viruses, will always adapt. Vaccines do nothing unnatural or odd. They just cause your body to do what it's going to do eventually anyway. . . without the risk of dying.

~String

16. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I was joking, but doing the obvious, I'm not going to go out of my way to catch my boyfriend's virus by sharing drinks or kissing him...etc. He got the vaccine because he had to for his job. Glad it worked so well, at least it was free.

I couldn't get it because my school said I didn't fall into their predefined high risk groups; so I'd have to wait until all of the priority people are out of the way. All the free places around here have set the same rules.

So I'm fighting it until then, by keeping my self healthy and not letting my boyfriend so much as breathe on me.

17. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

That is absolute bullshit. Source?

18. superstring01 Moderator

Source, as to how a vaccine works? I was referring specifically to viral vaccines, but it's all contained on the same page.

Here: Vaccine

All that happens in a vaccination is that your body ends up producing the SAME, naturally occurring, antibodies that would be produced after an infection (and, in many cases avoiding lasting harm or even death).

~String

19. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Read this article people. It's common sense. Something pharmaceutical companies DO NOT HAVE. H1N1 ,regular flu and avian flu and who knows how many others, will probably be around as long as there is civilization. Don't fuck up the natural immune system. Only get flu shots if you have some health -related problem.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5gJLYIRDvHWdvSLZTUQ_yymuF5rBg

20. superstring01 Moderator

You found ONE article in a sea of hundreds that say otherwise. I could do the same thing about any topic.

How does a vaccine fuck-up the natural immune system? Flu is flu. The protein coats mutate in different animals (they inject their DNA into your cells to reproduce [XENOMORPH!], sometimes they mutate in the process). Flu always mutates. That's life. Each year you'll just need a new vaccine.

Can you demonstrate how a vaccine which merely causes you to produce antibodies causes harm?

~String

21. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

i still stand on my daughter and I will not be getting the shot.. we dont know anyone to be around that even has thought they had the flu. Tho she is more at risk going to school, she isnt around the children long enuff, and the teachers are very anal about hand washing and disinfecting. so I am not stressed... we have had 4deaths in the area because of said flu.. But I still refuse to have to deal with all the bs that comes with it... why should I have to allow my daughter to get a shot, so that she can get sick from side effects? She is a healthy child.

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, not for long if you keep standing on her.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Why so you can just bitch slap it with a "YOU FOUND ONE ARTICLE"...

Fuck you man, seriously, ...and now the ban. Like I care any more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.