I Lost My Way.

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Jun 22, 2008.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I do however put the wayward lizards out of my house when they somehow manage to find their way in.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

So ? I put every animal I find inside outside. They are better off outside anyway.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

They seem to enjoy the inside of my residence more than the outside it would seem. They come in and get very comfortable but have nothing to eat or drink.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Yeah I know, tats true butsomething deep inside of me just wont allow myself to stand by and do nothing. I really cannot control it If I dont help I feel bad even months afterwards. like almost 2-3 months ago roughly I saw a Bee lying in the middle of the road I was at a set of traffic lights, about to step out and see if it still had its stinger intact, the lights turned green and I had to drive on, I still feel bad right now for not helping it.

But what you said about the ducks I feel no way about that, I let my 2 new kittens fight all the time its natural, But if one was hurt I woul try my best to cure it.

When people step on bugs infront of me I actualy feel this sinking pain near my heart and it makes me nearly double over like a contraction, I really cant stand it and its not just a mental thing either I physicaly feel for them too.

peace.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Man, we are alike

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Well pets are different of course.

Again, we are alike.
    When I see people killing bugs or animals for the fun of it I get sick to my stomach, then I get enraged. I really have to walk away to prevent myself from not kicking the shit out of them.
    Don't say I should try to stop them, I tried that.. doesn't work. They just laugh at you.. probably think I'm crazy or something.
    When they do that I get even more aggressive, so it's also for my own protection that I have to walk away.
    Do you get snails out of the sun and put them in a shaded spot on hot days ? lol

9. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Nah Just as you ave tried so have I many many times, there is no point in trying to stop them killing bugs it doesent work. they look at me as if I am some kind of crazy madman who is from another world. I alwas seem to get the same reactions, they always have a huge smile on there face and some wierd confused look and say things ike "there only bugs it dont matter" or "but there disgusting" or "but they creep me out".

I have got into all sorts of debates about it, a classic one that always comes up is me saying "so if something is ugly we should kill it" or "so if a human creeps you out should you smoosh him with a steam roller" its like im talking to a brick wall and people just cant understand that they are alive and killing them for the sheer hell of it isnt right. I gave up rying to stop them nowdays I just quickly get a glass and try to get them out of the house alive before anybody decidesto murder them, even when im outside my friends or family members see a spider and just want to kill it even though its minding its own business on a wall somewhere.

I think its cowardly because I know if the spider was 5 ft taller they wouldent try and approach it they would run and hide. but I can understand people killing mosquitos or insect that can harm you for there own safety, but sometimes people just start stamping on ants and think its fun.000000

and nah I usualy leave snails alone because it takes them like 50 years to get anywhere and I might haave just moved it in the wrong direction, and he will turn 300 by the time he gets to where he was going lol.

peace.

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Exactly. It makes me sad.

They're faster than you think

11. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

once it took this snail like 3 hours to get from one side of the garden to the other. even the catipillar beat it.

peace.

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

But it made it though.. did you scare off the birds ?

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

"The fastest speed achieved by a snail in the Guinness Gastropod Championship, held over a 13-inch (330-millimetre) course in the O'Conor Don pub in central London, is only 0.0085 kilometres per hour. This record is held by a mollusc called Archie, which took 2 minutes and 20 seconds to cover the course."
    http://hypertextbook.com/facts/AngieYee.shtml

I have seen faster snails though.. if they only knew..

14. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

God is "as close to a man as the vein in his neck."

In order to get closer to God and to be pure of soul and thought one must fight their ego, fight all evils that come from within - the Jihad against one's self - jihad an-nafs.

The desire for money, material riches, the desire for expensive and fine food, the desire to be famous, to be well thought of, to have your name on everyones lips, the desire for countless women. Showing no discipline, cutting corners in order to get what you want, being greedy and caring for only yourself - we are all naturally inclined to this, however man has been given a mind and intellect, we are not animals. The person that lives his whole life only worrying about eating, having sex, driving fancy cars, pleasing his own senses - is not that much different from an animal. The irony, no sane person can find happiness and contentment chasing these things. If you have a million pounds, it is not enough, you want more, you sleep with beautiful women, afterwards you want more, you have a nice collection of cars, its never enough. You can never satisfy your ego, though people spend their whole lives trying to do so.

You have to fight anger, jealousy, greed, lust. Wish well on those that wish you harm, do good to those that try to harm you, feel happy for those that are doing well etc. Imagine everything you hold dear to you being destroyed in an instant. Imagine not being able to listen to your favourite music, or to be able to watch your favourite movies, drive around in your fancy car, to lose all your loved ones in an instant - As the Sufis say:

"You only possess that which will not be lost in a shipwreck."

Fully appreciating these things really shocks the ego to the core, though it is hard it helps elevate us spiritually, it makes you a much, much stronger person. The battle against one-self is very difficult, it is a continuous and extremely difficult battle. However it is necessary to draw closer to God, an Islamic belief. Those that are at the whims of their egos, those that demonstrate no discipline only veil themselves from God, they will never find peace and happiness, though that lifestyle seems the most attractive, the most pleasing, the easiest, it will destroy you. Embracing the path of the Gnostics is daunting, very difficult, the rewards cannot be seen however, through this path you will find what you have been looking for.

15. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Ok...but if you transcended your desire for all these things where would you go when you die?

Surely not to the paradise, because muslims promise all manner of earthly delights.

How about hell...the house of pain?

Shouldnt there be a third alternative for souls who neither deserve an eternity of pain, nor desire the sensual pleasures of the muslim paradise???

16. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Which man?

Man the body?

Man the instincts?

Man the mind?

Man the spirit?

17. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Well which is it? God the error of man or man the error of God?