I love you Ridley Scott: Alien Prequel confirmed for 2011

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Plazma Inferno!, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Awesome.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Oh no way! That's cool.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

It would be really cool if Scott found a way to tell the story from the aliens' perspective and gave some history about their origins.

8. tuberculatious Banned Banned

i hope the plastic surgeons manage to youth'en sigorny weaver

9. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Like a sympathetic coming-of-chestburster tale?

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Or the perspective of the other aliens who's ship crashed on LV-426.

11. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Ooh, that would be pretty cool.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

Oh yeah no way! Thats gonna be awesome. sigorny weaver should be okay unless its a really early look.

13. ScaryMonster I’m the whispered word. Valued Senior Member

Ridley Scots Alien was not just a good Sci-fi movie it was one of the scariest movies ever made.

14. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Agreed. It ranks right up there with The Grudge and the High School Musical series.

15. draqon Banned Banned

he is managing so many movies at the same time...its like he is God of filmmaking

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Hope it's good

Well, at least he's got O'Bannon on the case. That's a plus. But in truth, I haven't seen an Alien flick since Aliens. I tried watching that one with Winona Ryder, but I couldn't tell you what happened there, because, frankly, I forget.

To the other, I still have higher expectations for this than, say, The A-Team.

17. phlogistician Banned Banned

Dude, it's a prequel. Sigorney et al from 'Alien' shouldn't be in it. It should be about the Alien race themselves, and how the eggs got to LV-426 aboard that downed spacecraft.

Eggs means a queen, somewhere, if not on board that craft, perhaps the Aliens were being farmed, and transported by that ship, and somehow the pilot got infected?

Anyway, humans need no apply for roles in this film, it should all be about the other races that have come across the Alien species before.

18. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

I'm not going to impose any conditions on this film, other than the hope it will be good. How many ships prior to the Nostromo had been sent by the company to investigate LV426? They seemed to have learned their lesson, and sent along an android to make sure a specimen was procured.

I agree that the origin of the ship, the fate of it's crew, and the purpose of it's mission have the potential for a great movie. But it would probably be box office death to have no humans in it.

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

20. phlogistician Banned Banned

Well, none. That's why, in Aliens, when they go back, they take marines, and they are tooled up, and why the distress signal the company received was from the space jockey's vessel, not a company one from a previous visit.

They prefer the term 'Artificial Person'

and to quote Burke from 'Aliens'; "It's just common practice, we always have a synthetic on board. "

And of course, Ash failed to procure the procure the specimen. Also, if the signal had reached Earth allowing them to incorporate Ash into the mission the Nostromo was on from the outset, well, that doesn't fly, as they were on their way back, and anybody else hearing the distress signal could have got their first for the salvage rights of the space jockey's vessel.

Box office death? It would be brave, but I don't think it would kill the film. Although I guess 'The Company' know about the existence of Aliens and Predators, and perhaps could have set something up, perhaps even up to the point of trying to buy some eggs from the space jockey (I kinda like the idea of the 'The Company' conspiring with an alien race!), and the Nostromo being diverted when the plan went wrong. That could explain Ash being on board, ... and why it became 'common practice' to have an 'Artificial Human' on board, ...

21. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Some movies are best forgotten. Aliens 3 and Alien Resurrection (the crap with Ryder) fit that category.

As do I.

22. tuberculatious Banned Banned

A-team was pretty cool. Shame hannibal died. otherwise they could make a hitmovie like that.
    i guess a prequel would look like this:

23. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

There is no way of knowing if the company had sent previous investigative missions that failed.

That was much later. None of the crew of the Nostromo apparently knew that such machines as Ash even existed, much less suspected one was onboard.

How long has it been since you've seen Alien? Ash was there to procure a specimen. The crew were expendable. The company knew that there was a dangerous life form that they very much wanted - how much they knew was a mystery. Remember special order 937.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078748/faq#.2.1.2

Ash was not Dan O'Bannon's idea. Just whose idea he was isn't clear, the script was extensively rewritten by several people. But he was a stroke of genius; the alien embryo in Kane was apparent with the imaging technology they had. A medical officer missing what was happening to Kane with the technology they had would have been implausible. But an android purposely protecting the alien rescues the credibility of the premise. In Allan Dean Foster's novelization, one of the crew asked Ash what a small dark spot was in the image of Kane's body scan. Ash dismissed it as dirty optics.