I need help. I need to know which country has the highest lesbian population...

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by I Like Pencils, Jun 20, 2003.

1. I Like Pencils I'll send you to Heaven. Registered Senior Member

That's per capita..

I thought it might have been the USA, because of that whole 'lesbian pop' thing that is going on, but I'm not sure! What do you think?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

I didnt see any stats, but I would expect US to be number one due to the fact that, although we are puritans at heart, we are most diverse and therefore more accepting of things like this. In other countries, I suspect, if there are gays they are more afraid to come out of the closet.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Visit amsterdam and see how empty the closet is.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Are you asking about "out of the closet" lesbians, or lesbians in general? Because if it's the latter:

1. There are no statistics on that kind of thing.
    2. It is most likely pretty constant across all countries - I would guess around 1/8 of the female population.

8. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

I suppose, if you can count the number of lesbians that you know, from your circle of generally straight-society acquaintances and you asked a few other people to do the same, then you might be able to work out a rough percentage of them in your area. Beyond that it would be virtually impossible to know, unless there was a world-wide census asking who was gay and who was straight and that, ain't about to happen any time soon.

Personally, in all my lifetime I've met maybe 2 women that may have been bi-sexual, or so rumour had it! I've also met about 7 gay men. This, out of maybe 150 personal acquaintances over a lifetime (not counting all the strangers I've met in the course of business though), living in London and Cyprus. This works out to 4+% gay men and 1+% lesbians (bi-sex)

Ok, I've never walked on the wild path, because I guess if I'd had I may have met more of them, but finding them where they congregate wouldn't give a clear picture of their numbers in general society.

What would be your estimation of their percentage?

9. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Well, 10% of humanity is homosexual , so I don't think location matters there. So just go for the highest populated area, and there shuold be a bunch. I wild guess is New York. That's of course just a city, I just saw that you asked for country, but I think the percentage is the same in every country.

10. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Bebelina...
    Can you back up your claim that 10% of Humanity is homosexual, with official stats? If not, how can you know?

I think percentages would vary from country to country. Places most likely to exhibit sexual deviancy would in my opinion be the countries that are the most decadent and where there was a lot of sexual repression in the past. in addition, many women turn lesbian after being traumatised by their boyfriends or husbands, so you'd probably find more of them in communities of social desintegration... ie decadent countries.

And I am talking about the Western world... I've no idea what goes on in the third world or behind closed doors in Muslim countries

11. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Just a sidenote...

The Publishing, Fashion, TV and film industries, ie The Media, tend to employ a disproportionately higher number of gays and lesbians, this, I believe, is a fact (unless it's just an urban myth but I don't think so). And they all tend to promote 'the normalcy' of homosexuality.

Assuming this is true, then it's not surprising that the notion of being gay has become so acceptable in society and to the point where people actually think that there are many more than indeed is the case... hm?

I'm wondering... should we start a poll thread? Like, Are you Gay; Lesbian; Undecided?

12. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

13. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I know many many gay guys.... (my school is high on gay guys)... and a few bisexual women....none hardcore lesbiens....they are very nice people actually, always a pleasure to talk to.

14. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

someone told me the actually percentage might be closer to 30% but most either are in the closet, repress it, or don't realize it yet.

15. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

I say to C Slave and joemaama and others of strange mental concepts:

How can you say that everybody is gay??? What planet are you on?

You can say that SOME people may have occassional fantasies of gay or lesbian sex--remember, some, not all--but that still doesn't make them homosexual, fantasy is just a ploy they use to spice up their jaded masturbation sessions. Most people are definetely strictly Heterosexual.

You can say that some people possibly COULD become gay, given the right circumstances and lack of any taboos, but that still doesn't make everyone gay. If it were man's natural inclination to be gay, then our species would have died out eons ago.

It is a fact that a small percentage of people ARE Homosexual and it would be fair to say that there is a further number who are in denial, or just too embarassed to admit it. But it doesn't mean that everyone, or even a high number of people, are gay. Even if YOU are gay, you should be aware of this, to say otherwise, puts you at the pinnacle of idiocy.

16. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

um....that does not happen

moderator: why was my other post in this thread deleted? i thought i made a valid point about tab's absurdly unscientific statistical analysis

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I think that the moderator also deleted your nekkid pictures in the picture thread....

18. spookz Banned Banned

ahh spurious are you serious? she posted em?
    swede i wanna see. not one bitch has yet nudified herself here as far as i can tell.

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

should we refrain ourselves from referring to women as bitches spookz?

20. spookz Banned Banned

so ah i am hetero, doing jailtime and gay sex. what am i now? what if your instinct is for straight sex but learn gay stuff and like em equally? what are you then? bi? biologically?

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

you are an opportunist...

22. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

SwedishFish, um, it tends to happen rather a lot.

D'you know how many lesbians exist in 'women's collectives'?
    Women's Collectives=Women who have fled from abusive male partners and have found solace in the company of other women!

I never saw your deleted post, but I'm sure I didn't miss anything.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

PS: My 'absurdly unscientific' statistical analysis (if that's what it was?) was purely my own personal observations. If everyone thought of the true numbers of gays or lesbians they knew and posted their findings, then we could analyse the results and come up with a truer ballpark figure. I can't think of a quicker or more 'scientific' method to construct this, considering the constraints imposed upon us by this light-hearted, fast-paced medium we are using. Making wild claims like, "Someone told me that the truer figure is closer to 30%", is like, really scientific yeah?

23. spookz Banned Banned

should we refrain ourselves from referring to women as bitches spookz?

we can but i have never been we so....besides if you were a bitch your request might have been given some consideration

you are an opportunist...

i thought so too!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

edit: this being the sci forums no more "bitches"