I need some insight for college

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by S. Dalal, Apr 9, 2002.

1. S. Dalal Mathamatics is my life Registered Senior Member

Hello everyone, I am currently in Highschool, I will be applying to college next year, I love physics and mathimatics, I want to major in one of those subjects but I also want to be able to Market my skills when I get out of college, can any one give some advice on what to Major in and how I can use those science skills in respect to Jobs and so on... Thanks a lot for your time.

S. Dalal

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

The best of....

Ever since the discovery of Black holes

Another puzling thing that exsists in space is something called invisible energy. Scientists think that this so called invisible energy is what powers things to move in space, this force if you will is what enables a particle to take a Quantum Jump.

A photon does indeed have a mass. Light is made of Photons and if one were to pass light by a black hole the light would refract (bend)into the black hole, this is due to the "mass" of the light or the Photon

A Photomic mass is quite small but that is because it is a sub atomic particle, meaning "Being able to *live* or stay inside an atom" or "smaller than an Atom

it is known as a fact that a photon (subatomic particle that light is constructed of) does indeed have a mass, this is proven by when light is passed by a black hole it is sucked in, therofore a photon does have mass

could Enstine be wrong? E=mc^2 states that any mass would need infinite time to reach the speed of light, yet if a photon has a mass, and it has reached faster than the speed of light one would assume that Enstine is WRONG

Light does indeed have a mass!!

A Photon is what makes light have mass

If the above claims, made by you, are examples of what high school teachers are teaching, the world is in BIG trouble.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I hope for your benefit and the benefit of all mankind, you learn something before moving off to college. Please!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Sorry, I don't know much about the USA's schooling system or quality. I have no idea how their university courses are structured.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. thed IT Gopher Registered Senior Member

Maths and more maths

There is always a shortage of numerate graduates with skills in modelling and problem solving. IT is good for you as well. Get some programming skills or the MSCE/CCNA qualification.

But if you want to make money take a Business course and become a manager.:bugeye: