I see particles in light rays

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Worom001, May 19, 2018.

1. Worom001 Registered Member

Okay, so this only happened to me once on my whole life (currently 16).
    I was in the kitchen sitting at the dining table, I was facing the light bulb, which was at the top left corner of my vision, because my eyes were slightly watery I was slightly able to see very long and slightly wide light rays. You most likely already know that this can happen and already know how so I won't waste any time with explanations. Anyway, as the light was in my top left vision, I was looking at a gigantic mirror was directly infront. In the mirror I could see both the bulb and myself, however as I was looking at the mirror the light rays got in the way, I didn't mind this as I sometimes blindly enjoy looking at the rays, however, at that time I noticed that within the light rays there were little particles, not moving, or if they were moving they were slow.
    This was about 2 weeks ago so I can't actually remember if they were moving, but the particles looked like they were circles, grayish-white and slightly transparent. I think that there mightve been circles inside those circles too, but slightly lighter and transparent.
    I though to myself, woah, I can see particles and em waves, so I tried moving to look at another angle, unfortunately the particles disappeared. Hence, I moved back to my original position, with watered eyes(wouldn't work otherwise), slowly moving until I could see those particles again l, which succeeded.
    Funny thing is though, while my eyes were watery I understood that it might have something to do with the water particles and droplets, but the particles were way to uniform and orderly and only worked while squinted too.

I have searched this up, and no, it's not eye floaters or anything of the sort as every single particle I saw was perfectly circular and similar in both size, shape and colour. If I can I'll try to take a picture of a light ray and photoshop in something similar to what I saw.

Thanks a lot for reading, if you guys could find a logical solution that would be perfect. Too be quite honest at first I thought it might be bacteria or other microorganisms but nah, it wasn't, I wasn't able to get the same effect since then no matter how hard I try.

P.S. I found this from a certain site:

"Tiny light particles in the air are small molecules of aerosols or dust or viruses or microbes.

An object becomes visible if the object radiates a visible light or reflects/scatters visible light from another source.

In the presence of an ambient or incoherent light, there is no reflection/scattering of visible light, and hence tiny particles cannot be seen.

In the presence of an bright or coherent light, there is some reflection/scattering of visible light, and hence tiny particles can be seen."

It talks about reflection and Incoherent light, I think that the fact that I have a giant mirror in the kitchen reflected the light from two angles instead of one into my eyes, allowing me to see little, tiny particles or microbes.

P.P.S The light was yellow.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Welcome to the forum.
    You didn't see light rays.
    You didn't see molecules, viruses or bacteria.
    You probably saw dust.

Perfectly normal and no big deal.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yes it is.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I don't know why you dismiss floaters so easily. Examples you see online are just examples. No two experiences will be quite the same.

OK, so yours are all the same size. That's doesn't eliminate it as by far the most likely culprit.

8. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

your welcome

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(beware the yellow snow)

ponder briefly, each eye can independantly focus.
    each image from each eye is over lapped on to a singular picture for the brain to force into something that is recognisable.(genericaly speaking)...

now add colour preferences (gold is a very likable colour for humans and thus triggers various emotional & thus chemical responses)

you do not have to force your experience into a cold scientific model, however, if you wish to render it down to a scientific explanation and discovery process, you need to establish various concrete observational boundarys.
    the difference between the objects moving / not moving / moving in cycles / floating randomly etc etc is quite important.

as above i have quoted you to point out the difference in interpretation that can come from focussing on specific parts of something, which... may detract from the intended or observed/expereinced event.
    when you wish to start nailing down concepts to base a deduction on, in scientific terms, it can be a little less fun than the expereince its self, thus emotional detachment becomes a very important and fundermental tool.
    unles your an artist, in which case ignore everything ive just posted and make millions of dollars

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  9. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Well, he does if he wants "us guys" to

RainbowSingularity likes this.