I still get panic attacks went contemplating my own mortality. Any help/advice?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by aaqucnaona, Nov 29, 2013.

1. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

I guess you haven't met Fraggle Rocker yet?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. barcelonic Registered Senior Member

Wynn-- what in the world would the mods have against people expressing their opinions.
    Also, do you not recognise the difference between somebody stating their beliefs and someone using them to try to prove a point??

Eg.. "I believe that: there is an afterlife" , "That is not true because there is an afterlife" Two entirely different things and clearly I am not guilty of the latter.

I think I know to what you are referring when you make the rather questionable claim that people get banned for simply positing their thoughts on an unknowable thing such as death, but I'm not sure. I also fail to see one word of anything I have typed that would upset anybody or attract the attention of a moderator. Report the post and watch as NOTHING happens.

Now I feel I should ask where the scientific proof is that you were indeed curious? Surely here at SF you should strive to be scientific?

You misread something and now you are taking it out on me. Read it again without the judgement and see if you honestly think there is absolutely ANYTHING worth harassing me over. Whatever point you think you are making is a joke, and I would much prefer to debate somebody over something legit rather than this nonsense.

Seriously, do you think my statement with the colon was meant as some kind of fact? If it were, why would i not seek to defend it? Why would every post I've made since then be simply about correcting your misunderstanding, instead of proudly admitting that is what I meant. You are going to great lengths to make it look as though you didn't misread me. Why bother?

EDIT:
    I have a thread open right now about free will - in which people are discussing what they believe about the topic. Not one person in there has proven a single thing, so honestly wynn you are making no sense whatsoever and I suspect you know it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Pffft. You don't need me to have this conversation ...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. barcelonic Registered Senior Member

Precisely what I've been trying to tell you

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Many there have proven many things but it is you that won't accept them. Then again many have opinions about things and since their opinions are not what you want to hear you dismiss them.

9. Arne Saknussemm trying to figure it all out Valued Senior Member

Ain't no cure for the summer time blues.

10. barcelonic Registered Senior Member

CT-- wynn was talking about the burden of proof as it is in science. Nobody, including myself, has proven anything in that thread and if we had then why would we not contact magazines and journals to begin the process of changing the world. Let's be fair, if anyone had proven anything that's been discussed for thousands of years I think by now everyone on this forum would know. That person would soon become very, very famous on a global level.

So what exactly has been proven, might I ask?