I worry about my microwave

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by jack54, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phlogistician Banned Banned

LIAR. You mentioned Mercola. I took issue with some of his lies, and then, rather than being decent, and addressing my points, or defending Mercolas points, you got personal.

You then tried to drag my partner into it, which was just snide.

You are incapable of discussion duendy, you don't have the attention span. You can't stay on topic, and can't remember the chain of events. You are also completely out of touch with reality. You don't work for a living, do you, btw? I've asked you this before, and you keep dodging, coming back with abusive replies, but not actually stating that you DO work. Well?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Light Registered Senior Member

Yeah, that's her way of dealing with it. Dodge the issues (ignore) and attempt to change the subject to ANYTHING else.

As to her working, would you hire her? I certainly would NOT. I happen to own a couple of retail businesses and, if she lived in my town, I'd get a restraining order to keep her at least 500 feet away from them. She's a public nuisance and I would not want her disturbing my customers.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. duendy Registered Senior Member

if i was a homeless individual with a State givem Laptop, what the livin FUK has that got to DO wid u???
    and as for discussin. or in YOU case cussin. your approach is completely LIMITED. so much so it is bemusing........my intuition of your offerings undermines your bullying reductionism quite adequately ambiguously. tho of course, your antenna, rusty as it is, wouldn't tune into this delicate field

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. zyncod Registered Senior Member

You might have a little bit more to worry about than hydrolyzed molecules from the microwave. I'd think you should probably take care of the schizophrenia first.

8. duendy Registered Senior Member

oh heloo zyncod......well its simple. this is how th system you love operates. i am assuming you follow materialistic science church....right? wrong? other?

IF you have and express other views than yo and your blessed scientifical method demands, in its meachical reductive insistence for 'evidence'....IF you show behaviour not sanctioned by your criteria for normalness, ten you start throwing your labels about like accusin mental illness, 'schizophrenia' etc etc. same happens for more and more children if for whatever reason can't wont get on in school which promotes your souless materialistic worldview. trhey get labels thrown at em by people like you, wi so-called phd's etc and get drugged/poisoned, parents threatened. fascism!

so you are part of this. yo have no deep understanding

9. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Priceless!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It would be far easier to keep track of conspiracy theories that duendy doesn't subscribe to than the ones that he/she does.<P>

10. duendy Registered Senior Member

no HR...listen to what's being said. dont keep yer right eye so close to the microscope

11. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I'm not buying the idea that microwave radiation won't cause cancer because it is "non-ionizing." It does induce the flow of electrical current in living tissues.

12. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

So mental illness is not real, but antennas are?

I believe people should be entitled to (if they agree to) receive care, support, and treatment for any mental illness which can cause them suffering.

Saying that's all bullshit because it doesn't suit you as an individual is really very selfish.

I don't think my country giving lots of money to poor African countries suits me, but i have yet to argue that their poverty is non-existant.

I dare to think of how much that laptop could help someone else, like a poor student, to actually learn something.

13. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

I mean really, who do you think is really excluding you?
    Is it possible that most people don't actually have an agenda to exclude you duendy, but that you actually exclude yourself?

Again, not trying to be negative, just offering an idea.
    PEACE

14. changa was far, is near Registered Senior Member

I'd have to say, I agree with that statement. I've seen
    mental illnesses diagnosed enough times among my
    students to know that it's all basically pretend. I've also
    used a kit to build a home radio or two, so I know that
    antennnas really work.

I'm much more afraid of radioactive particles than I am
    simple radiation, So Duendy's theories about Depleted
    Uranium interest me more than this Microwave of Doom
    Scenario. I mean, radioactive particles that get into your
    body can effect your cells for years or months and cause
    serious health issues. Where microwaves energy will either
    (a) cook you
    (b) leave you uncooked

Since I'm not cooked, I don't worry about it much.

15. phlogistician Banned Banned

Not true, there are plenty of people who I think tell the truth. Scientists are among them.

Probably because you don't understand what Mercola is saying, you not having a grasp of science. Someone who does know a bit can see when he's got stuff wrong though, and he does say stuff which isn't true. I do't know enough biology to find errors in some of his other claims, but his physics is suspect.

I've asked you a couple of direct questions duendy, which you dodged. You eventually admitted you had seen a mental health practitioner, after being asked about half a dozen times. I've since asked you if you worked for a living, and again, instead of answering you dodge the question. Do you work for a living? I'm not being patronising, I'm trying to understand you duendy. Maybe you are embarrassed about the answers, which is why you think the question is patronising. As for asking personal questions, I ask them of YOU, and you alone, not your friends, family, or partner.

Would you swear at me face to face duendy? I think you would! Would I take issue with the pseudoscience and groundless conspiracy theories you espouse, in a calm, eloquent manner, if you spoke them to me directly? Of course I would.

Well, as a taxpayer, I might be peeved how the 'State' are spending my money, for one.

Check again duendy, who uses profanity? Er, that would be you!

Another ad hom, and amongst all those words you used, there was no answer to my direct questions, no support for your assertions, no explanation for the problems with Mercola's assertions I raised, in fact, words, but no actual content.

Can you TRY and stick to the topic, duendy? Try and answer some questions? Try and focus on the facts, for once?

16. duendy Registered Senior Member

Huwy Huwy.....after all te words i have spoken to you about tis yet still you haven't abosorbed.....right. so how would YOUlikeit now if i turned shrink and dagnosed you with Non-Absorbtional Disorder (NAD)....don't put it past em...!!...and then i push 'meds' on ya. tis is what is happening.

Listen i am NOT saying that people aren't distrssed, very very down, cant get outta bed, feel suicidal, have visions, etc etc. its this clear Huwy?...............

I am MOT saying that such behaviour is nonexistant. i am SAYINGit is NOT biological disease, and there is no evidence to say it is. SO we cannot go on pretending, and/or believing in this culture that pretends it is. ...All of that shrouds the real necessary reponse wich MUST radically affect how we understand reality, and how we are living as a community

Bewcase manydont question tis institutionalized lieing, more and more so-called diseases are proliferating and even children are getig dragged into tis evil insidious unprecedented scam. it has to be exposed.....if yo wanna talk more on tis, you know te thread specifically about it...........tis is supposed to be about microwves innit?

17. jack54 Registered Senior Member

No offence, but that doesn't make you an authority on the subject. I'm not saying I'm one either, but to say it's pretend is to shut your eyes to a problem that has real enough consequences...

Good! I'm not too worried about being cooked; and at least I'll know if it happens!

18. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

changa, we weren't quite talking about real antenna.

But I agree with your summation of microwaves, they either vibrate the water particles, or they don't.
    Hence my prediction that less people are injured/burnt using them than normal ovens.
    How many people have died from explosions/gas inhalation from a normal oven, and how many people have died from microwave ovens?
    My hypothesis is that microwave ovens are actually safer than normal ovens.

19. duendy Registered Senior Member

but YOUR facts are dead facts. you live in a corridor with no windows/awareness and openness to others' views

20. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

would you push meds on me? and how would you go about doing that duendy?

I mean doctors can't legally push meds on anyone who hasn't like killed a whole load of people. Not in our countries anyway.
    When has anyone argued that mental illness is a "disease"?
    A disease requires some sort of pathogen doesn't it?
    Mental illness would fall more under the category of a condition/syndrome/disorder.

Phlogistician has suggested that your on some kind of disability allowance.
    Now i'm not going to make any judgement or criticism if you are, but how can you argue that all sorts of things can go wrong with the body - but none go wrong with the most complex organ of all, the brain?
    It does have a mass of about 1.4kg and billions of cells.
    It is involved in hormone production.

So how can you receive money from (one of the best welfare systems in the world) people in a society who sympathise with your situation - whatever that is - and yet because it doesn't suit your ridiculous beliefs - completely deny that another group of people can have problems with some aspect of their brain?

That strikes me as being quite cold and demonstrates an inability to empathise with others, not to mention being a bit hypocritical.
    The fact is, that while the mental health system has problems and has been used to abuse power in the past, by denying some people of their rights and denying their liberty (I won't deny this) - in most cases it has been shown to help most people, and prevent suicide, and increase the likelyhood that people can return to some kind of quality of life.

I'm not denying your right to be frightened of things that are new and strange, we are all just discussing the details.
    I mean, in Australia, companies are still paying out compensation for asbestos cancer victims.

Can I ask a question duendy, do you smoke tobacco?
    I've smoked tobacco and marijuana (but not for some years now - personal choice).

21. duendy Registered Senior Member

not teellin you or phlo nuthin. your are both propagandersts who make up stuff as you go along. jut tellin it likeit is

22. jack54 Registered Senior Member

Perhaps we should be moving this thread to the Cesspool, seeing as my question has been answered and all this other stuff is kind of irrelevant.

23. phlogistician Banned Banned

You brought up Mercola, duendy. I took issue with some falsehoods on his web site. Since, you've declined to offer any support for Mercola, or defend his position. If you choose to stop eating microwaved food, because of a web site containing falshoods, that's you choice, but if you use that web site as a reference, the reference has to stand scrutiny. It doesn't. As usual, all you do is try and slur anyone who disagrees with you, make personal remarks, and try and rubbish us in return.

You keep dodging answering questions you don't like again duendy. I'm fairly sure you are on some sort of sickness benefit, signed off from work.

So you are happy to take payouts from the govt, happy the healthcare system signed you off so you don't have to work, but completely disrespectful to both.

I know you won't admit whatever condition it is you have, but I'm thinking most likely depression, not helped by your substance abuse, and I'd guess you drink and smoke a fair amount too. In fact, I think your typing is probably due to motor skills and alcohol, rather than a crapped out keyboard. (because new batteries, or a call to your local branch (I presume you are using a digital set top box for internet access) of your isp/telephony company (ntl: in Manchester?) could resolve that.

Also, I presume you are on disability, because I don't think I've seen you post about content of books you've read from libraries, it's always woo woo web sites. So you don't seem to get about much.

And you might think this is personal, but I really am trying to understand how you have slid into your belief system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.