I worry about my microwave

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by jack54, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duendy Registered Senior Member

phlo.... what re YOU on dude. like i am gonna waste any more time wid yur nonesense, and absurdity. here's the 'facts man' who has conjured up out of the air all he thinks he knows about me and believes it?....that also is so duplicitious. one mo claiming he 'just wants to know me'...then next breath is puttin me down having catetgorized me

you are one of the biggest sorriest fools i've ever comeacross. phlo, and beeelieve me thats saying something...!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Translated from newspeak into English: Light likes to pick fights with his customers for entertainment.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Ophiolite, Light, and Phlogistician have personal grudges against anyone who doesn't like their crap.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phlogistician Banned Banned

Another ad hom without an answer, duendy. You're only bailing on the thread because I'm getting uncomfortably close, I'm sure.

8. jack54 Registered Senior Member

Sure, so why did you feel the need to tell me that again?

9. phlogistician Banned Banned

professional geologist

professional scientist

ex physicist

Yep. Crap, in this context, meaning verifiable facts, of course.

10. jack54 Registered Senior Member

And just for the record, it seems to me that Ophiolite, Light and Phlogistician are the ones who repeatedly type reasonable arguments with references and structure, only to be refuted by idiots who simply dodge anything that threatens their unfounded beliefs.

11. duendy Registered Senior Member

no. all thats comin fromyus bizy fingers is crap

12. duendy Registered Senior Member

'type reasonable argumets'....errr where. all i am seeing isinnuendo, insult, pathologizing,insult, injury, small mindeness, narrowmindness lack of sophistication, empathy, intelligence.....you in the reductive religion you choose to live with wit your besy mates of course conveniently ignore all of that.......don't you? ...now...is he gonnanadmit it people?? is the pope a Jew?

13. phlogistician Banned Banned

more ad homs and no facts duendy.

Answer the questions I've asked of you.

14. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I see. You also are full of horseshit. Sorry for wasting my time.

15. duendy Registered Senior Member

ever thought of joining the FBI, Gestapo, CIA, ...or are you a member of em already? you would fit kiddo....wo yeaaaah

bet yer proud o that aren't ya?

16. duendy Registered Senior Member

...ohhh and phlo..just clicked pn ya name to see how much info YPU give out....haha. dont practice what you preeach....
    'birthday'21 jan 2001.....? they meant when yer born bone head
    'location', 'mars'....ohhh VERY factual i must say!

'occupation' 'monster'....well, good on ya for honesty there phlo. i see new horizons acomin fo ya boooy

17. Light Registered Senior Member

Thank you, Jack, I appreciate that and am sure the other two do also. Also, just for the record, it should be noted that reasonable, intelligent people can recognize others like them.

I've not said a great deal in the thread but feel I should offer a bit of real information at this point since there has been such a massive amount of MISinformation presented here. Let me state at the beginning that I spent a number of years working with microwaves in connection with one of my chosen fields - marine biology.

One thing was the absurdity that MetaKron inserted in this thread about microwaves "inducing electric currents" in living tissues, the only real effect is localized heating. Absolutely no electrical currents whatsoever. The exciting of the atoms causing them to vibrate faster is precisely the same effect achieved by holding something in the flame of a candle. The only difference being that microwave heating occurs at subsurface levels (depths) while applying heat directly begins the process at the surface.

As to dangers of harm from microwave radiation, yes, there are a few but they are very special cases and quite limited. One is the human eye. Staring directly in the source of a high-powered beam can cause permanent eye damage and increase the incidence of cataract formation. About the only other danger is that of possibly damaging the reproductive system. The male testes and the female ovaries are susceptible to extreme heat. Again, it would require a strong beam and a considerable length of exposure to elevate the internal temperature enough to cause sterilization - but it can be done.

However , you will never encounter such high intensities - nor duration of exposure - from any commercial consumer item that produces microwaves. Such dosages are only possible by placing yourself directly in front of a military radar antenna or something similar. Things that ordinary people would never encounter.

18. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Absolute crap. Microwaves induce electrical currents in any conductor. The heating is caused by those electrical currents. It's nice to see you so blatantly change the laws of physics. One or two more people might catch wise to you.

19. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Jack54, Light, Phlogistian, and Ophiolite have personal grudges against anyone who won't take their crap.

20. Light Registered Senior Member

Well, well, well. Silly little MetaKron again. I suppose you've never heard that heat IS the vibration of atoms/molecules, eh? And in this case there's no "resistance heating" needed or involved. Sounds like you're still hung up on your resistance heating vs heatpumps. Are you not aware that there are other means of heating than electrical resistance? In this case it's simply direct excitation of water molecules.

Time for you to do some very basic research once again. (Which you seem to not be able to do on any topic.)

21. phlogistician Banned Banned

I've asked you specific questions, and you've dodged, and you are stalling again talking about the info in my profile.

I didn't say anything about profiles, duendy, that's you stuffing that straw man again.

Now, are you employed, or not? I'm guessing not, because if you were, you'd have said it by now.

22. phlogistician Banned Banned

I already said I once applied to MI5 duendy, but to be honest, the money was crap, so I didn't pursue the application further. I know and have known people who work for the intelligence services, as friends.

I, however, am not a government agent. I'm just some guy who knows a little bit of physics.

But again, duendy, this is just another of your pathetic attempts to divert the conversation from the question. Are you gainfully employed?

23. duendy Registered Senior Member

hmmmmphlo... you are acting PARTIULARLY weird lately. quite obsessional actually. are you on any form of medication? you WIL tell me the truth wont you. orrr i will keep askin. for as u know...theres
    no smoke without fire

so are you mentally disturbed phlo. listen you can pm me. let me know. i wouldrecommend you rather seek counselling than take meds, as as i have said. mental illness is myth--regarding bio-shrinks claiming its biological/ but i really feel you need someone to talk to luv. pm me and i ill offer u support as best i can

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.