I worry about my microwave

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by jack54, Dec 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duendy Registered Senior Member

cause i am my dear phlo. do you fel better now. like i sid. anytime yyo need to talk....aout issues. you know where to find me. now, get some rest dear one

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

Yet another post from duendy, and predictably, no answer to a direct question.

Duendy, do you work for a living?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. duendy Registered Senior Member

what part of 'artist' dont you understand my sweet sweet thang?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phlogistician Banned Banned

Yet another dodge, duendy, but just so you can't use it as an excuse, no, I'm not under any stress, everything is fine, and I am not taking any medication. I'm happy, life is good, and I have quit a bit to look forward to, including you answering my question;

'duendy, do you work for a living?'

8. phlogistician Banned Banned

I understand 'artist', but that's not what I asked. I asked if you worked for a living. Now, does your art pay you a living wage, or are you on benefits?

9. duendy Registered Senior Member

seriously phlo luv. are you feeling lright. i am very aware you push normalcy, but thisobsession of your s to knowmy business, and your childish impudence in 'gettin it outta me' is...straaange....your makin me FWITTTENED stooop iiit. you dont know my address do you??

oh i make me laugh haha

10. phlogistician Banned Banned

Another dodge, and yet another failure to answer.

11. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Duendy, this is another version of what I've been saying. We watch these people when they want to deny things, and we realize that they are not behaving like the kind of responsible and knowledgeable adults they want to pretend to be. Once again, what bees do these mortals fool? They want to pretend to be knowledgeable and responsible, but look at how they attempt to accomplish this. They turn everything into childish piss-fight.

12. jack54 Registered Senior Member

Thanks Light: that all makes sense. My mind is at ease. I'm doing a physics class at school next year, so hopefully I'll be able to sort these things out for myself before too long

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

You're definitely off to a running start here.

God help us.

14. jack54 Registered Senior Member

MetaKron, what qualifications do you have that make you so sure you're correct and the SCIENTISTS on this board are wrong?

15. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

You call them scientists? They're just wahoos who are taking advantage of you.

16. jack54 Registered Senior Member

Nice dodge.

17. Light Registered Senior Member

Oh, really?

And just why do you suppose we would want to take advantage of him? Or anyone else, for that matter? Do you think we own the companies that make microwave ovens?

MetaKron, sometimes you are childish and other times you are VERY childish. Just like your business of microwaves and electrical currents. You don't seem to even know that it takes something to act as a radio detector (like a diode or crystal) to convert any form of EM into an electrical current.

I think I've finally begun to see what some of your problem is. You learned most of the basics in school - but stopped there. You don't seem to have a clue as to how they fit or connect with each other. And you have almost no idea at all how those basics are transformed into actual applications. You seem to know things like Ohm's Law, the principles of thermodynamics and Carnot's Cycle. But that's all. Just the theories, laws and principles - nothing about how they relate or how to put them to use.

But given all that you don't know, you like to try to make people think you know absolutely everything! And now I understand perfectly why you were bullied so bad in school. (Yes. I've read the thread but didn't have that problem myself.) I remember full-well that other kids would hassle anyone they considered to be a fake smarty. The kid who pretended he knew stuff. They'd make his life a living hell - which is exactly the way you described your time in school.

Everyone can spot the fake - and it's happened to you once again. Right here.

18. jack54 Registered Senior Member

I've just being thinking about this Light, and having heard other rumours was wondering if you could clear up one more thing: is sterilization possible from resting a laptop on your upper legs? Through shorts it never feels too hot, but is it?

19. Light Registered Senior Member

No, you would become uncomfortably warm - practically hot - before there was any danger. The difference between this situation and microwaves is that here the heat is being applied externally where you can sense (feel) it. With microwaves, the heat is generated internally where there aren't any heat-sensitive nerve-endings.

Under normal conditions, like a hot object in your lap, the body does an excellent job of letting you know when things are becoming unhealthy.

20. jack54 Registered Senior Member

Fantastic. I could never find a more comfortable position.

Thanks again,
    Jack

21. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

hehehe i remember lying in my bed once playing warcraft 2 on a laptop when i had the flu. The sheets underneath the laptop would get all warm, and then you could move it to the other side and lie on the warm patch. Or the cat would lie there instead.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I have heard there have been studies that have suggested that living under huge powerlines can increase the risk of certain problems like headaches etc. But we are talking those huge towers that hold a junction of power lines up.

Any suggestions?

Oh look, its the brain. And wow, the bits have names too!!
    http://www.joelertola.com/grfx/grfx_img/brain_stress.jpg

22. jack54 Registered Senior Member

Heh, yes, though it's a little too hot here right now to want to lie on the warm patch. My old laptop used to spontaneously shut down every now and again, which I think happened because I'd inadvertantly cover the heat-exiter-thing with my doona. I'm not sure about powerlines. Why would that happen? Got any sources? Interesting picture of the brain.

23. phlogistician Banned Banned

Power lines are thought to cause leukaemia, and one possible mechanism is that they cause and concentrate free radicals, which damage tissue.

There's no definite correlation, afaik, but there are almost significant statistical results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.