IDF legalizes vehicle confiscation in w Bank

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by uzi, Aug 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uzi Banned Banned

just thought id share dis article wit you gayboy sciforum people, i dont like Jews so you can expect a few more articles. i dont like America either, becasue it is run by Jews, if America got rid of Jewish control it would be cool. anywayz muthafuckaz...

by the way dis is from Hartez, the worlds most biased towards jews newpsatrer in the world (it is Israeli and Jewish by the way)

IDF legalizes vehicle confiscation in W. Bank

By Amos Harel (A Jew)

For the first time since the outbreak of the intifada, the Israel Defense Forces has made it legal to confiscate the vehicles of Palestinians in the West Bank.

The practice, which has been going on for several years in the territories, was legalized yesterday in an order issued by the commander of the Central Command, Major General Moshe Kaplinski.

From the start of the violent confrontation in the territories in October 2000, soldiers have confiscated the vehicles of Palestinian drivers. Occasionally, only the keys were taken. This was considered an acceptable means of punishing Palestinian drivers who failed to follow the soldiers' orders - by not stopping on time, by bypassing the roadblocks or by trying to avoid being checked.

However, the practice was not backed by law, and the IDF claimed it was not being carried out. Several months ago, Haaretz wrote about a soldier serving near Bethlehem who collected confiscated keys of Palestinian drivers to prove that the IDF was lying. Other soldiers also say this has been the common practice.

Officers had in the past tried to "institutionalize" the practice, but could not get beyond the Judge Advocate General. Another problem was that the involvement of the police of Judea and Samaria was necessary if the process was to be legal, but the arrival of the police was not always possible.

In recent months, Kaplinski forbade the practice in its entirety, in preparation for the passing of the official order.

The order issued yesterday allows the confiscation of the vehicles only if there is a violation of a siege on a village. It is therefore only applicable to Nablus, which is the only Palestinian town in the West Bank under siege by the IDF.

The order is meant to target drivers who leave the town using dirt roads, or paths created by the Palestinians, in an effort to avoid being checked by IDF soldiers.

The confiscated vehicles will be held in special parking areas, guarded by the police, and the drivers will be taken back to their home towns. After two weeks, the driver can return and reclaim his vehicle. No keys will be taken this time.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

shall I send a picture to you of me naked...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. uzi Banned Banned

i just wanna share articles. not much more especially with sciforums peepz

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I was under the impression that besides sharing (and I only wanted to share too) you also would like to insult us.

But no worries. I'm really bad at judging situations.

8. uzi Banned Banned

9. uzi Banned Banned

chill out monkey, its all good. i was only joking.

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

i wasn't really going to send a naked picture either.

11. uzi Banned Banned

lol, but i wouldnt mind if you sent me a jew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.