if they really are spying on you

Discussion in 'Conspiracies' started by RainbowSingularity, Dec 1, 2021.

?

if they really are spying on you how do you decide if they are good or evil

1. judge them by thier intent

33.3%
  2. judge them by thier deeds

33.3%
  3. always assume they are evil

33.3%
  4. find a hobby you like & let it kill you

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

what should you do ?

who are they ?

are they good or evil ?

how do you know ?

do they ever stop ? (what if they dont ?)

conversational piece

who watches the watchers
    how much power is too much power ?
    when does the drive for bloody vengeance in the name of someone else take over the psyche & become pure evil looking for self justifications ?

thoughts
    comments
    funny storys
    & jokes welcome

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

What are my options?
    Well, it really depends on what you mean by people spying on you. For example, do the trackers that record your activity on internet sites (e.g. for advertising purposes) count as people spying on you?
    That might depend on why they are doing it and what they aim to achieve, don't you think?
    How do we ever know whether people are good or evil?
    They must sleep sometimes...
    That's a large and important discussion. My personal opinion is that not enough people watch the watchers.
    At the point where self-interest no longer needs to care about the interests of other people, because it can get away with not caring.
    Perhaps if you could give a specific example of the kind of thing you want to discuss?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

many
    however it is outcomes i am interested in
    & outcomes are complex & tricky to achieve

people who have the ability to collect data & utilize it to gain personal information on you as a profile & work with that information against your permission & against your interests(as a weapon).

this in modern todays world would probably include most large corporations because they have legal access to a large amount of data, enough to run computer algorithms on to track & trace specific people of their choosing in real time
    regardless of what those people thought was or was not possible

& i am referring to who watches the watchers as a concept of moral authority & license to freely remove other peoples rights without legal formal order through what has been democratically defined as a legal system.

they operate outside the law

lets say for example just as a hypothetical example for convenience but believable

(me being them)
    i knew there was a terrorist
    who was going to blow up a plane over a major large city(killing maybe 2000 people)
    & my only chance to get them was while they are riding on a school buss full of children
    is it morally acceptable as a form of good versus evil, to say it is "good"
    to blow up the buss full of innocent children just to ensure the 1 terrorist is killed to prevent them killing maybe 2000 people ?

its not quiet the mess of the run-away tram scenario(which is more an ego thing)

going to leave it there for now
    will come back to the rest later

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

at what point does license become license to sacrifice citizens for a cause ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

How would you know that was your only chance to get them?

But, let's assume that they are holding the remote detonator control for a bomb on the plane and that this has somehow been verified. Let's also assume there are, say, 20 kids on the bus. Also assume that we can target the bus accurately with a missile, and we can guarantee that won't trigger the plane bomb. And assume that there's no other way we could kill the terrorist or talk him down, or whatever. (We need to make a lot of assumptions here, don't we?)

Then it would seem to come down to a choice of killing 22 people (including the bus driver) vs. doing nothing and having ~2000 people die (probably including at least 20 kids?). It would seem that, in this particular scenario, with all of these assumptions, that pushing the button to take the bus out would be a morally valid choice. Greatest good for the greatest number, and all that.

The problems start when we allow one or more of our assumptions some latitude. Maybe the terrorist can't detonate the bomb remotely. Maybe the bomb will detonate regardless of what we do to with the bus. Maybe we could kill the terrorist (only) using a trainer sniper. Maybe we can open a dialogue with the terrorist. Maybe we can defuse the bomb on the plane. Maybe we can evacuate the city. Is there time for any of these things? Are they possible? It will depend on the particular circumstances, which have not been fully specified.

One last point: my analysis here assumes a consequentialist moral framework. But I don't think that my own moral decision making is purely consequentialist, in reality. And your moral decision making may prioritise other factors. For instance, you might hold that its always wrong to actively kill innocent kids, even if more innocent people will die because you failed to kill them.

8. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Trolley problem

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  9. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

S
    spy agencies, foreign and domestic; law enforcement agencies; advertisers; lobbyists - and maybe my dead in-laws.
    almost certainly
    twitter
    Of course not: they have unlimited funds for housing and feeding the computer banks.
    They will, when the power (either kind) runs out.
    other watcher: They all watch one another. Mostly China.
    any at all is too much; beyond that, it just keep getting hairier, scarier and more grotesque.
    i don't know. Fortunately, the question is off topic.
    i refuse to answer on the grounds that i don't like to be called Debbie.

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  10. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

We should do what the animals do when we watch them: change our behavior completely so they can't tell what we're really like.

11. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

I act5ually do that sometimes on Google. I look up all kinds of information that doesn't relate to my life or interests. It doesn't cut down on the number of ads they shove at me.

12. gmilam Valued Senior Member

I doubt anyone is spying on you in particular. IMHO, it's all marketing departments trying to figure out what ads to show you. I mean, nobody is providing these "services" out of the kindness of their hearts. They are businesses trying to make money. And they make money by selling advertising. The only real online privacy you have is the anonymity of the needle in the haystack.

13. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

argument sake movie plot concepts

they suddenly appear accessible when they appear on the buss
    so they see them
    & think WOW there they are we can hit that
    but its a buss full of school kids (say a proper buss maybe 5o to 60 kids 8yo to 16/17 yo (full school age)

we can spice it up a bit & make a combo money
    with maybe a couple of kids on who might be children of a large city mayor & some local foreign govt children with a couple of celebrity's
    so it has a few flags & billions in private family money in it

does that change things ?
    do those children suddenly take on bigger better human rights protection values & worth of lifes ?

thats an interesting debate but not the one im referring to

keeping in mind my question is not soo much around the specific numbers
    but around the comparative values of life

if it was a buss full of senators 50 they would probably be quite happy to sacrifice thousands of civilian lifes instead
    (im well aware of their moral values)

my question is around their moral judgement & valuation process
    not their existing levels of basic principals

the authority they have & utilize as their primary valuation system to compare life forms
    in a life & death manner
    like an executioner who is not sure who the victim is but will just do the job & follow orders & claim they are above the law
    even though they know the victim is most likely innocent
    i.e human religious sacrificial morality

14. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

im a dirt poor in debt no body
    so anyone spying on me would have to be clinically insane

15. sculptor Valued Senior Member

eg:
    Illinois death penalty suspended, commuted, abolished---"The system was broken" too many innocent people being put to death.

16. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

No, they're just doing their job. Anyway, it's not any 'one' spying on you; it's a battery of computers monitoring internet traffic, cell phones and and webcams, waiting for flagged ISP's and trigger words - different ones for each of their clients. They don't do anything with the information, just pass it on to the sorting computer that sends the compilations out to the client computers. Odds are, no human ever gets a sight or whiff of your particulars.... unless one of the clients is a forger of official documents and needs an ID of your specifications, or a fake testimonialist fishing out some random identity to put on a good review of their client's product or a bad one of their competitor's.
    As for the various government agencies - Hey, even a dirt poor in debt no body can be a terris or sassan or sumpun!

17. Luchito Registered Senior Member

If someone is spying on you, then do crazy stuff to please his morbosity. Don't worry what the spy will think about you, you are the target already, so make the situation a bustled party.

sculptor likes this.
  18. O. W. Grant Registered Senior Member

- Why toilet paper is two- ( three-, ...) ply?
    - The second ply goes in your dossier.

- - -

They know that I know that they know that I know. I rely on them. They are my backup.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  19. Dicart Registered Senior Member

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/news/chinese-government-uses-mindreading-ai-27401940

In China there is no conspiracy, all is officialy done.