If women thought and acted like men, would men like it and respect women?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, Aug 26, 2013.

1. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

What is "FFMPOV" ?

I am so sorry, I thought wegs mentioned "Sex In The City" and I was under the impression it was made in New York City - but I guess Hollywood does that to people.

Any way, I thought the thread was about : "If women thought and acted like men, would men like it and respect women?"

So then GIA Post #24 : quote - "Marriage is a long haul and a man cannot respect the groupie type of slut that Hollywood is trying to promote." - unquote

So I ask again :
    Would, could or should the following statement and or opinion be considered as proper or pertinent to this discussion? :

Marriage is a long haul and a woman cannot respect the groupie type of "whore dog" that Hollywood is trying to promote.

Any answers? Possibly any reasoning or thoughts behind any answers?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Your question would, could or should be seen as an improper and impertinent question to this discussion.

This is the second place you have followed me to play with. You can go away any time now.

Regards
    DL

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Lol

Greater: Think dmoe is asking if you are including your comment to be a two way street? Which is why dmoe transposed the wording and asked the question back to you.

You two like playing virtual tug of war. Hehe
    :bugeye:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

It's actually quite pertinent. Is it your view that respect within marriage is harmed by stereotypes that paint one side in a bad light - but painting the other side in a bad light is OK? Or are both denigrations bad?

8. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Mr. GIA, awesome non-answer! You the "deity-like" thing-a-ma-jig!

Posting on SciForums = following to play with you!
    Are you, Mr. GIA, coming here to play? I, dmoe , do not Post here to play!

Mr. GIA, you state that I : "...can go away any time now." - Your beyond genius level, "deity-like", insight into the basic abilities of us mere human beings is an awesome talent! Again, you the "deity-like" thing-a-ma-jig!

You Mr. GIA, stated: "Your question would, could or should be seen as an improper and impertinent question to this discussion."
    However, my question, repeatedly unanswered by you, Mr. GIA, was, and still is as follows :

Would, could or should the following STATEMENT AND OR OPINION be considered as proper or pertinent to this discussion? :

Marriage is a long haul and a woman cannot respect the groupie type of "whore dog" that Hollywood is trying to promote.

It is very similar to a statement made by you, Mr. GIA, except for the gender reversal.

1. You, Mr. GIA Title the Thread : "If women thought and acted like men, would men like it and respect women?"
    2. You, Mr. GIA make the statement and or opinion : quote - "Marriage is a long haul and a man cannot respect the groupie type of slut that Hollywood is trying to promote." - unquote !
    3. You, Mr. GIA when asked about a gender reversed version of that quoted statement and or opinion, evade answering by making the statement : quote - "Your question would, could or should be seen as an improper and impertinent question to this discussion." - un-quote : .
    4. Therefore, the original statement/opinion "...would, could or should be seen as an improper and impertinent..." it seems.

By the seemingly paranoid, defensive, dismissive and elusive actions you choose to display - a person could be led to conclude that:
    a.) - seemingly - That the Title of the thread is rhetorical, and Mr. GIA's preconceived opinion is the only acceptable one. - or -
    b.) - seemingly - That you have some deep-seated issues relating to gender.

I, dmoe, will not be anxiously antici..........................................................................pating an actual answer.

(no pretend, poser) Regards

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  9. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

He chases me around to try to irritate and that is why I mostly ignore him. I could have used him do some brain slapping here but did not feel the need to bully a small mind.

More importantly. I cannot go to your P M.

Désolé.

Regards
    DL

10. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Like all good laws, negative discrimination and denigration should only go to those whom the status quo says are evil.

Discrimination is good if it goes to a just cause.

Mens Rea is the hinge pin of good and evil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mens_rea

Regards
    DL

11. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Regarding pm's ...sorry, I've deactivated that feature. We'll leave that there.

Regarding your thread here...there's a reason you placed this in the religion section, just wondering where you'd like the conversation to go because it's swerved off that specific path me thinks?

Think it's a relevant topic, just needs a little steering.

12. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

When you refer to "just cause," in terms of discrimination, may I ask what you mean?

13. Stanley Registered Senior Member

Those quotes have already been posted and the poster could not verify them. I could not find any orignal writings that support them either, I did a little searching after the other member i think it was"Mr. Realist" posted them

This is what i found from St. Clement of Alexandria:

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/clement-instructor-book1.html

He seemed to be very enlightened. Since "realists" thread i have been pouring over the books...It is all new to me and well worth reading.

As far as - "I could not find any clips of women speaking as these men do, but if you can imagine a woman saying the same type of things about men, what would you think of those women?"

With all the billions of people on the planet you can find someone saying anything so really i am surprised a grown man would say such a thing.

14. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Mr. GIA, the, perceived by you, "small mind", could, would or should Post a quote from the character "Ashe" in the movie "Army of Darkness", such as : - quote - "Come, get some!" - unquote.
    However - bragging, boasting, brain slapping(?) and Bullying is, paradoxically, somehow beneath the, as perceived by Mr. Greatest I Am, "small minded" individual's ethical and moral behavior.

So, that, as perceived by Mr. Greatest I Am, "small minded" individual will only mention the quote in relation to the, as perceived, by said "small minded" individual, ethics and moral behavior of the one and only true "deity-like" thing-a-ma-jig Posting on these Threads.

A moot gesture, really, considering Mr. GIA's stated "deity-like" thing-a-ma-jigly ability to ignore.

So...(pretend/poser) Désolé.

And , of course...(pretend/poser) Regards

15. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Ok. Let me vent.

I would like it to go where men discuss issues as discussed in that TED clip.

At present we do not have any true rites of passage for boys to put themselves through. Punishing women in various ways seems to be how men are compensating for this lack of ego boosting to healthy male status.

Men, because they are mostly raised by women, always feel slightly inferior and instead of just recognizing that that inferiority has no foundation, they lash out and hurt.

Men must face that fear the same way that they must face their fear of God.

Ever note how few women come to these forums. It is because they can handle their fears better than men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

Men have to face down their fear of God and women.

Regards
    DL

16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Criminals can demonstrably shown to cause harm. We should discriminate against such as we have just cause.

Gays, as the term applies to consenting adults are, can demonstrably be shown as not desiring to do harm. Discriminating against gays is done without a demonstrable just cause.

Women are in the same boat as gays, he will rule over you is institutionalized discrimination without just cause.

That institution is widespread in our countries. Countries who hypocritically proclaim they seek equality for all.

Regards
    DL

17. billvon Valued Senior Member

This seems to suggest that discrimination against men is good if it goes to a just cause. Is that true for all forms of discrimination? Or just discrimination against men?

18. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Hold your "deity-like" thing-a-ma-jigly horses there, Mr. Greatest I Am, your use of the words "we", "male" and "men" is flat out wrong - what you are "venting" or stating, are definitely NOT the views of very many people at all.
    They may or may not be your views, but you should NOT be projecting ANY views on humanity as a whole!

Possibly, you could, would or should - if you honestly feel as your statements seem to suggest - replace all the "we"'s, "male"'s and "men"'s with the words : "I, Greatest I AM" ?

19. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

My statement covered both sexes.

You twisted your first sentence to where I cannot agree.
    I said nothing of going to a just cause. I said discriminate for a just cause.

Regards
    DL

20. billvon Valued Senior Member

Well, you said "Like all good laws, negative discrimination and denigration should only go to those whom the status quo says are evil. Discrimination is good if it goes to a just cause.":

The status quo currently says Muslims are evil, that they are terrorists, violent extremists etc. Does that mean that discrimination against Muslims is good?

Blacks were seem the same way in the 1930's. During that time, was discrimination against blacks good?

21. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

"Discrimination for a just cause."
    Is that another way of saying affirmative action?
    It's actually known as "positive discrimination" in the UK, by thee way.

Considering that its intent is to promote equal opportunities of defined groups, that sounds like what you mean, here.

Just trying to get where you're coming from, Greater.

22. Stanley Registered Senior Member

lol...wut?

23. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

They were not evil, they were good slaves.

Your view of the status quo is not the legal ones. We are talking law. Not your likes and dislikes.

Regards
    DL