If You Could Travel In Time - Would You?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sderenzi, Dec 21, 2006.

?

I Choose

Poll closed Jan 20, 2007.
  1. Future

75.0%
  2. Past

25.0%
  1. sderenzi Banned Banned

I've recently taken some heat from members for not adequately expressing the nature of my polls, nor the reasoning I have for posting them. I will thus attempt to make myself more clear from this point on, and since many of you feel I'm incapable of expressing real content let's put that to a test!

Right now I'd like to ask everyone what they would choose provided they had an ability to travel in time. There aren't any limitations, you can go anywhere, anytime, but the real goal here would be to reposition yourself in space-time to the most ideal local. Keep in mind people you can't make-up the place, it must be something real and true to this reality. Once you decide tell us the details and why you chose it. If you don't wish to change anything then merely explain that... Also you can make suppositions about the future or past based on current knowledge you have, so if you think it would be better for this or that reason then let us know.

I will begin with:

I'd choose to go around 200 years into the future. Mostly I feel if the world is going to end it should be within a peirod of say 50 years or so. Now if a natural disaster were to befall us it likely wouldn't occur 200 years from now when we'll have technology that can prevent such things, therefore I want to only go so far. If I did go further, say 300 years it's likely things would be so entirely different than they are today I'd be lost.

It's a certainly fun concept to play around with, and I do think in 200 years war will be a thing of the past, except maybe the inter-wars of the next generation.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I take it the poll assumes you want to travel to a different time.

I don't want to travel to any different time... but if I had to choose, I would go to the future.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Roman Banned Banned

They say there are two types of time travelers– those who would go back in time to see what color the dinosaurs were, and those who would go back in time to get drunk with pirates.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sderenzi Banned Banned

Quite correct dear fellow, indeed the actual reasoning I have for excluding the "I don't want to" option is because only those that do wanna should answer, we're trying to determine out of those who would do they choose future or past. Of course you may always post "I don't wanna" and explain why, that's perfectly alright.

How are you?

8. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I'd go back to see just how much history has been manipulated by people from the future, it would explain a lot of the unexplainable.

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I would go back in time to fight ninjas.

accompagnied by my hook and parrot

10. Genji Registered Senior Member

I'd like to go just 200 years into the future to see what changes have gone down.

11. vslayer Registered Senior Member

if somehow i were able to go back in time and make alterations without removing myself and therefore those actions from the timeline, then i would stop abraham from being born. remove the 3 most violent religions on earth with only one death(or maybe even an abortion!)

12. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

Would you really do that considering the following?

1)the future world would change in an unpredictable way
    2)atheists have been responsible for a lot of deaths too. I don't really think it matters, religion or atheism. Religion's motive to expand (conquer and killing) is to spread the religion and atheism's motive is to gain power. Ultimately both just want to gain power. It's in human nature to want to gain power.

By the way, for most of the past ages, religion was something for the small wealthy class of societies, the others, the poor people etc couldn't read and didn't understand shit about religion. Their weakness was in the fact that they were ignorant of science and accepted supernatural crap much easier.