If You Were Reincarnated?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Bowser, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

If you were reincarnated, would you want to hold the memory of this life? Or would you want to hit the ground fresh and new to explore life once again?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

Wisdom

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

When I read your post I thought now here is a free ride on the fantasy train ...why not...I assume you are not god secretly binding me to rules in some new game...I would not want to risk next time with a blank slate I could be maybe more stupid ... I am very happy with my experiences and would love to have a rerun knowing what to avoid and what to concentrate upon..heck for a start you could make all the money you need for that new life before your teens and have more time to shag your brains out, I could cut out going to church and the time wasted there, I could avoid wasting so much time due to my previous , current , life experience.
    Anyways if you are god I will play the game...but I don't want to start until thirty years from now.
    Alex

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I'm reasonably happy with what I have achieved and done. But if I was to have a choice as such, I have always admired those that have gone, where no man has gone before...the Magellan's, Chrissy Columbus, James Cook, Amundsen and Robert Scott, Gagarin, Armstrong and those of that ilk.

8. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

So you would want a replay of this life?

9. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

To follow such a course you need to carry that desire with you along with your accumulated experience.

For me there is no appeal in the hardships your heros would have experienced...one thing I have learned is so many things look great, a romantic appeal...like sailing around the world single handed...mmm thinking about it no.

These reflections make me realise how very very happy I am doing what I am doing and the unconventional life I have.

Even now there is nothing that I would change..maybe make the legs a little better but with them I get to have a scotch occassionaly... actually would love no pain ... and I shouldn't complain as no doubt if I asked I could get prescribed drugs that make heroine look ordinary.

The op reflects possibly an underlying discontent which one often detects in god believers..I find another good fantasy game is..what would you do if you won ten million...me I wouldn't even change my car..maybe pay someone to build me another observatory so I could house a 16 inch astro graph...that would all up only burn 25k heck I doubt if I would even replace this old van...and even if I did say another 30 k
    And thinking more any further acquisitions are time consuming ...you know on the phone placing the orders..I think I would finally stick with everything the way it is.
    Alex

10. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Absolutely in fact even without changing anything I could re run it over and over...its been a good one.
    The only thing that could be different is the legs but working with them has seen me develop new skills for doing things that should be beyond me..like I had to cut down a tree..once just cut it down if it fell the wrong way just move out of the way...fifteen minute job...whereas my last tree I had to be real sure where it would fall..life or death game I am playing now...so I had to put ropes here and there tension them with pulleys a little bit here a little bit there ..it was a whole day cause it was hard moving from rope end to rope end and knocking up resting for half an hour etc...it's like just to get on the roof of the van ..it's not just put the ladder there and up you go ...no no no..I need the ladder and a harness and a block and tackle ... so the crook legs has given me more than they took away.

Plus I get to lay down a lot and learn things.

Alex

11. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Remember and go on from there. I'd be a very impatient baby, though.

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I spent the greatest 4 months of my life sailing as you probably read previously...not quite around the world, but across the Pacific with some interesting stops like the Galapagos Islands.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Never been to sea before that, and came home with a packet of sea sick tablets I got off my quack before leaving unopen, had a great fear of heights, yet ended up out on the top gallant yard arms with the best of them.

13. river

Evolve .

14. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Photo of me when I arrived back in Sydney on 31st May 1974

Xelasnave.1947 likes this.
  15. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Now that is exactly what I am talking about..sounds great and my first inclination is yeh I will go...but then I think yeh ok first day ok but those other people will start to annoy me at least on day two, and lovely when the Sun is out but the storms would not be fun..I will watch the movie and get back to the life I have spent forever setting up the way I like.

Mind you when young it must have been a wonderful experience.

I did most of my sailing single handed both out of Sydney Harbour and Broken Bay and lived on the Hawksberry for a number of years which was excellent.

Sailed a boat from Brisbane to Balina when I was 63 which became a life and death adventure. Twenty seven hours at the helm and the owner who had never sailed before becoming a basket case...real serious situation.

There is a cheap boat for sale (one I have wanted all my life..a Westsail 32 pure magic to me) that I have been thinking of getting and leaving in the dam here...crazy sure but there is just something about living on a boat that I absolutely love...so I could have the boat to sleep on and the van observatory close by...in fact when this crisis is over I am going to look into doing it...I can't think of anything better really. I wish I had not given away my last yatch as it would be in the dam now for sure..it would have been perfect..old traditional thing, port holes, bow sprite...the real deal.

Alex