I'm ashamed of some of my fellow Australians

Discussion in 'World Events' started by jack54, Dec 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mountainhare Banned Banned

quad:
    No, they didn't own the land because their culture failed to recognize the concept of 'land ownership'. They were nomads, hence it's impossible for them own any land. Settlers can own land, nomads cannot. Civilizations own land, NOMADS do not. Land ownership is required in civilizations if you are to build cities and farm food, land ownership is not required if you live a nomadic existence.

Ownage of land implies civilization and settlement. Were the aborigines settled? Nope? Did they have a civilization? Nope.

Nonsense. I can point to various examples in history which show otherwise.

Wikipedia has a nice section which pretty much describes what I think is required to constitute a 'civilization'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization
    You may disagree with that definition. But when one uses the term 'civilization', one instantly thinks of cities, central laws, politics, agriculture, and division of labour. One generally does not see a nomadic existence as a 'civilization'.

Oops. I never said anything to that extent, but I enjoy how you continue to distort and make up shit. The aborigines didn't own the land which the British settled. They were nomads who moved from place to place, and never settled down to occupy the land. They were nomads whose very religious and cultural beliefs did not recognize land ownership.

And I'm just going to treat that comment with the disdain it deserves. When you stop making up shit, I might take you seriously.

I deny it.

Why? It has no substance. You make up some shit about me believing that merely because a race is not civilized, they don't have the right to territory. When you demonstrate where I said as such, you can call me a racist. My guess is that you merely lack even a basic understanding of my viewpoint. Whether this is because you are obtuse, or delibrately trying to portray me as a racist because you don't agree with my views, is debatable. However, whichever way you spin it, it is dishonest.

However, I am not ashamed in saying that the aborigines were not a civilization. That is not a racist remark, it is a simple, factual observation of their current status at the time the British settled the land. The aborigines came nowhere close to being a civilization. Where were their cities and their agriculture?

Nice try. Once again, how would the aborigines (who were nomads) assimilate the white man? They did not have central laws, a central government, or a consistent culture (although the basics were the same, the local tribes cultures could differ drastically in many aspects). They were a collection of wandering tribes, who often warred with each other.

You have failed to answer it adequately, merely giving a flip rejoinder and an oversimplistic answer. Once again, how do a number of nomadic tribes, who aren't a civilization, assimilate the British?

Wrong. Colonialism was appropriate 200+ years ago, and was seen as a 'normal' thing. Views of what is 'right' and 'wrong' change over time. Today, colonialism and imperialism are frowned upon. 200+ years ago, colonialism was normal.

You continually miss the point. You can't belittle the British for refusing to assimilate into nomadic tribes who circled around empty land, because back then that was not the normal, expected behaviour of a superpower. Visiting Eurpean superpowers weren't expected to assimilate into nomadic tribes in order to live on the land. They took it. In fact, even if the land wasn't empty, and the occupier was a civilization (aka. Poland), it was still a normal practice for superpowers to annex the land.

Over time, it has been recognized that instead of conquering countries, the proper practice is to assimilate into them. The Europeaners have had their fill of brutal wars, not only with the natives, but with each other.

Wrong. That's not how it works in the modern world. The existing culture may make some slight concessions, but it should not change radically to suit immigrants. If the immigrants want a country which adheres to their ideas of morality and culture, they should have stayed at home.

How cute of you to restrict this to 'white' Australians, as if the 'white' (I guess you could call Asians white, if you look at them under a particular light) Australians haven't gone through the assimilation process themselves. My Indian grandfather, my Polish mother, they didn't go through the assimilation process. Oh no, they expect society to conform to their views of morality and religion. They expected society to make the teaching of the Polish and Indian languages mandatory in schools. *Hint* I'm being sarcastic.

Fear of being bashed by thugs who support Islam law? Yeah, I guess so.

It's got nothing to do with destroying their identity. They are free to have their own identity, as long as they don't force it on others. We are a secular nation, and while they might think Islam is the 'one true religion', we are a secular country which will never allow for such mixing.

Agreed... and I never denied this. A certain degree of tolerance is required in any society, to maintain cohesion and prosperity. But there is such a thing as becoming too complacent and tolerant.
    So citizens of France aren't French? Interesting theory. Care to explain why?

The extent to which they wiped them out is exaggerated. In the end, we did assimilate the aborigines. Note the 'Stolen Generation', and numerous other concessions and handouts we shower them with.
    If it comes to it, war may be necessary. Us Australians have made many concessions to minorities in the past, and it has gotten us no where. To hell with having the moral high ground, it's time to reclaim our country!

It's interesting how people have derailed this thread. I merely pointed out that the white Australians rioted because they are sick of Middle-Eastern thugs forcing their views on others, bashing up good honest Australians, and generally causing everyone in the suburbs and beaches to live in fear. In response, this thread has been derailed by demands that I demonstrate that I am not 'racist', and a discussion of why the white man didn't assimilate into aboriginal culture.

BOY, these politically correct morons sure are good at diverted the audience's attention away from the issue at hand!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Sydney riots why?

1 month after muslims were reported in the news of being outside a nuclear reactor in sydney last year, military trained muslims.

Now dont you think the young and old of sydney, are very pissed off that that some muslims were planning to destroy there city forever.

4 weeks of simmering anger, that came to a boil when the lifeguards were attacked at sydney by muslims.

jack54 do you think ordinary australians with emotions, are not very very angry of this near miss with a nuke reactor.

this is not a case of planes crashing into buildings as in new york, or the the bombs on the tube in london, these 2 cities recovered quickly, sydney could never recover from a nuclear reator being blown up.

Thinkkkkkkkkkkkkkk the main city in your country destroyed forever, then maybe you can understand why sydney women!!! and men had a punch up
    at the beach, these people were in bathing costumes, they were not prepared for a battle.

Women are not known to be neo nazis or racists, men are, yet i saw lots of women in bikinis throwing kicks and punches in.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mountainhare Banned Banned

vincent, don't forget that these Middle-Eastern Muslims have been known to gang rape Australian women, because they were infidel 'pigs' and 'sluts' who wouldn't cover up.

Don't forget that they have also been defying the law, and merely getting slapped on the wrist.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

I completely agree, It is much better to be gang raped by your own kind.

8. chuck u farley Registered Senior Member

They obviously need to institute more social programs for the Aussies who rioted. Also, they should start affirmative action programs for them so that they can get jobs and get into the university of their choice. Just like they are doing in France now.

9. Krieg Order Registered Senior Member

The Aussies werent "rioting", did they burn down buildings and destroy property? no.

They defended themselves from violent middle eastern/lebanese gangs, end of story.

As for the aboriginal natives, well you cant really own property if there is no proof of it, and if the concept of private ownership does not exist.

10. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Apparently that is not the case, here in Norway and neighboring Sweden the drastic increase in rapes in the last decade has been overwhelmingly commited by immigrants from north africa and the middle east. I am certain that this too will come to a head and once again the cries of racist will emerge.

11. Gustav Banned Banned

funny shit
    the demand for fences and other modern european style, boundaries and demarcations was a ploy to enable and legalize theft

indigineous peoples typically had shit that was termed traditional lands. the boundaries were usually geographic features. knowledge of these were not formalized

"The common law of this country would perpetuate injustice if it were to continue to embrace the notion of terra nullius and persist in characterising the Indigenous inhabitants of the Australian colonies as people too low in the scale of social organisation to be acknowledged as possessing rights and interests in land. (Justice Brennan of the High Court of Australia.)

so while oz progresses, a few neanderthals keep on rationalizing in order to avoid trauma

funny funny shit

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Gee, white people can riot, too. Whodathunkit?

13. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Look, I talked with every one of my Muslims friends about these gang-rape situations.

This is the range of response. What true is hard to say.

My devout Islamic friends said they were not true Muslims. End of discussion.

My semi-devout Islamic friends said they were framed and the courts are racist.

My beer drinking not-very-devout Islamic friends said they are told by their parents from day dot that Aussie girls a sluts and after 15-25 years of hearing it you begin to think that Aussie girls are sluts. So something is bound to happen. (notice no Muslim girls are targeted for rape).

I have never heard of any other situations in Sydney were 10+ men have gone on gang-rape sprees? Have you?

It begs the question? Why? Went made these guys think they could gang-rape teenage girls feel so OK with it that they’d make videos of themselves doing it? I can only think that they were taught that Aussie girls are less than Muslim girls and so the clash of culture in their head eventuates in their identifying Aussie teenage girls as sluty-objects that can be treated as such.

What’s your explanation?

14. Gustav Banned Banned

actually they generally treat their own women much worse

Despite the alarmingly high incidence of rape and domestic violence in Pakistan, the government appears to be uninterested in limiting impunity for these acts. According to the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan at least eight women are raped every twenty-four hours nationwide. Estimates of the number of women who experience domestic violence range from 70 to 95 percent-the government's own Commission of Inquiry for Women reported that it "has been described as the most pervasive violation of human rights" in Pakistan. The statistical evidence notwithstanding, the state officials Human Rights Watch spoke to invariably denied the severity, indeed the existence, of the problem of violence against women. Moreover, on August 2, 1999, the upper house of parliament refused even to consider a resolution condemning the ritual practice of so-called honor killing that claims the lives of hundreds of women every year (link)

so ahh

the aussie girls still live
    if they were m.e or s.a, dad or bro, dad and bro....would have hacked off their heads

15. Gustav Banned Banned

i wonder if the maggots here understand that it is the religion of islam that attempts to civilize these barbarians. it is islam that accords women a protected status.

it is unfortunate these savages pay mere lip service to the koran

16. jack54 Registered Senior Member

They went around smashing up cars. I think that would fall under destruction of property, don't you?

17. Gustav Banned Banned

i say
    i read..."aussie girls" again and started getting horny

18. Krieg Order Registered Senior Member

"Later, a gang of some 60 men reportedly of Middle Eastern appearance launched a series of apparent revenge attacks in nearby suburbs, smashing more than 40 cars with baseball bats and stabbing two youths.

A local member of parliament for Howard's Liberal Party, Bruce Baird, said he believed the beach rioting was revenge for the Bali bombings in which scores of Australians were killed."

Taken from this news article-Racial Violents Erupts in Australia

Looks like you need to learn how to READ, the "40 cars" burned where by middle easterners in retaliation. Not by the Aussies.

I havent read a SINGLE news article that states the Aussies were the ones that destroyed cars/property.

19. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Then you haven't read enough.

20. jack54 Registered Senior Member

Why would you accuse me of needing to learn how to read? The violence has been back and forth, and both groups have been accused of destruction of property (cars, shop windows). I've read that in numerous articles in 'The Age' (Melbourne newspaper); having read every article on the issue in the past few days. Might I ask what you have been reading that makes you so sure of yourself?

Just to prove it, I found a few articles on the internet (so you can check it yourself) that states:

"Sydney - Ethnic tensions erupted on Sunday into running battles between police and a mob of thousands of youths, many chanting racial slurs, at a beachside suburb in southern Sydney.

At least three people were arrested and several injured in alcohol-fuelled fights

Television images showed police protecting an ambulance being pelted with beer bottles and a group of young women attacking another woman.

Other youths stamped on police vehicles and police officers fought back with batons and pepper spray."

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1849020,00.html

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National...ons-in-Cronulla/2005/12/11/1134235936217.html states that Sunday's 5,000 strong (white Australian) mod stomped in ambulences.

Convinced?

21. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

The man behind the global race issue (read anti-islamic or anti-arab) is yours truly ... Goergie Bush. (and by default the US foreign policy) and his very apparant global agenda. Beautifully engineered. Problem - Reaction - Solution.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2005
  22. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

I don't know anything about world perception or Islamic Australians perception of Aussie girls but I do know that American can girls have been believed to be sluts by people who's main contact with Americans is Hollywood.

Gang rape statistics are hard to find. The rape section of this http://hatemonitor.csusb.edu/Research_articles/levin06.html is interesting. I don't know if the USA and Australia are similar but for some reason I think they are. I expect the USA has more crime and rape. Most gang rapes in the USA are done at parties with drinking by people who are known to the rape victim. Usually the rape victim in this situation does not go to the police.

Also check out this http://www.aifs.gov.au/acssa/statistics.html

And check out: http://www.mediachannel.org/views/oped/australia.shtml

From that web site: The Bureau also pointed out that in fact rapes by multiple perpetrators occur with greater frequency in NSW's rural areas, where fewer Lebanese Muslims live. Further, it revealed that in 1999, 70 sexual assaults, out of a total of 120 in Bankstown, were charged to one man, from an Anglo-Australian background.

Each year in NSW 140 women are gang-raped. Rarely do any of these attacks receive public attention and seldom do they become the subject of a debate on tough sentencing. Many observers, including some within the Arab community, couldn't help making the connections between Bob Carr, NSW's premier, his favorite populist platform — law and order — and the public hysteria that surrounded the identity of the attackers in this case.

...............................................................................................

America was obsessed with the idea of black men raping white woman for almost 200 years when it was rarely happening. It seems to me that the instincts that drive racism are connected to the idea of losing control over sexual access to our females. I see parallels in the tribal instincts of chimpanzees and human street gangs" Nationalities, ethnicities, sports fans of one team, and other social groupings seem to me to be just extensions of the emotional forms of tribes and gangs.

The news story would not be as juicy if it was 6 drunken guys at a universty off campus party raping a drunken college girl. 4 Pakistanis raping a white Ausie has a lot more emotional impact.

I am not saying that your Islamic minority does behave worse than your majority, but I do suspect that racial instincts are making people overplay the comparative extra-bad behavior of the minorities. Humans everywhere, both the minorities and majorities behave like animals because humans are animals.

Look a little harder for the the other gang rape stories that don't have the race angle.

23. mountainhare Banned Banned

jack:
    Although you were addressing Krieg, I think that you are the one who needs a lesson in language comprehension. He was talking about the vandalism after the initial riot of white Australians. And yes, some Australians jumped on police cars. Are you trying to compare police cars to the cars of innocent civilians in the suburbs? The police were actively supressing the Australians on the beach, while the white Australian civilians who had their cars smashed were merely sitting in their homes, watching TV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.