I'm ashamed of some of my fellow Australians

Discussion in 'World Events' started by jack54, Dec 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jack54 Registered Senior Member

Ey. We shall see Baron Max. I don't think it's going to happen here.

No.
    Yes.
    We don't have segregated schooling...
    I'm not sure, but I don't see why they wouldn't.
    They are largely scattered, however there are suburbs that have many of a particular race.

I don't follow you here.

Anyway. We shall see Baron Max. I see it working here, and I don't think that's going to change. I don't look at it with a biased view either; no more than I would consider you a 'racist' for believing it doesn't work, because I don't. I see that it works around here, and so my view is based on that. I don't buy into an idea because it is 'politically correct' and racial division is taboo to even think about, so please don't lump me in that category.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Baron Max:

As another Melbournian, I also think we have a very well-functioning multicultural community. Maybe that's why I'm so keen on multiculturalism - I live somewhere where it already works very well - perhaps better than most places in the world, who could do worse than to follow our example.

No. In fact, in Australia in general there is nothing like the disparity between rich and poor that is seen in the USA.

Yes - same as any Australian, according to skills, education etc.

As jack said, we don't have segregated schools in Australia. (I thought you didn't in America, either. Do you?)

As a proportion of the total population, about the same as n-th generation Australians.

To take one example, the current Lord Mayor of Melbourne is of Chinese decent, and was recently voted one of the world's best mayors.

Scattered. There are many loose multicultural groups in Melbourne, who come together on occasion to maintain and celebrate their own cultures, but not excluding other Melbournians, but different groups don't all live in one area. For example, there is a Chinatown area in Melbourne, where many people of Chinese origin come together to celebrate events such as Chinese New Year, but that festival is also open to and attended by many Melbournians who are not of Chinese decent. In fact, some of the main city streets are closed off for a day each year for that festival.

No, it's quite different here compared to Paris. Not so different from Sydney, but then Sydney doesn't have much of a race problem either. I don't know much about Yugoslavia. Do you?

Well, yes, obviously. Because they share a lot in common.

Yes, it is inevitable that it will occasionally happen in some part of the world or other. But equally, in other parts of the world, multiculturalism enriches communities, rather than causing problems. You only want to see the bad, while you ignore the good. That says a lot to me.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mountainhare Banned Banned

Baron Max:
    What about Malaysia? Oh... wait...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1969_Kuala_Lumpur,_Malaysia_Race_Riots
    Even today, there is tension between the Malays (the majority), and the Chinese and Indians (the minorities) in Malaysia. In fact, the Malays are often favoured over the Chinese and Indians under the law, and in politics.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

But difference is a human inbuilt quality, something we often cannot control, when two or more of these are situated in close proximity, conflicts are likely to occur, whether they are large or small.
    We simply, and individualy must strive to control this, and when we do this the result is magnificant, however when we fail to be in control, the outcome is monsterous with the result of (many examples already given in thread).

:m:

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Follow your example? Hmm, here's a little piece I just read in the Dallas Morning News that you might find interesting ...if a little eye-opening:

(From an article in the Dallas Morning News):
    Sydney, Australia - Three quarters of Australians believe there is a racist undercurrent in their society, according to a poll published Tuesday in response to race riots that erupted last week in Sydney. The ACNielsen poll in the The Sydney Morning Herald found that 75 percent of Australians believe there is racism in their society, ....

75%, James ...I ain't sure, but I think it's even less than that in the USA! And according to you, we have lots of racial undertones here (but probably not 75%!). That don't say a lot about your perceptions, does it?

And now what do you have to say about that, James? Who's seeing things as they want them to be, instead of how they really are? It would seem, James, that it's you ....not me!

Baron Max

9. J.B Banned Banned

incitement to violence deleted

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2005
  10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

1. there were native populations present in the americas before the 'whities' came.
    2. the hispanics came and discovered (rediscovered) the americas and started exploiting it.
    3. the whities came and claimed some part of the americas.
    4. many whities left this shithole to go back to europe.
    5. Whitie trash was dumped in the americas
    6. Whities stole land from hispanics.

6. the whities claimed america is theirs.

Does anyone see the problem here?

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Not with the list you've provided, but with the present-day attitudes! In those days, the whites simply took whatever the fuck they wanted, whopped the damned natives, coloreds, and put them on fuckin' controlled reservations! Now-a-days, we're too damned mamby-pamby and whimpy to do what's necessary again!!

Baron Max

12. jack54 Registered Senior Member

You are aware of the difference between the 75% of the population being racist, and 75% believing there are racial undertones, right? The part I put in just makes me wonder whether you made the distinction.

13. J.B Banned Banned

So what, I don't care if you think whites stole land from whom ever, what whites have done is improved any area that they have inhabited and whites need to defend these areas before people of color destroy them like they have any and all areas they have inhabited.

If people of color really disliked the way whites live there lives they would be running from them instead of too them as we see everyday.

14. changa was far, is near Registered Senior Member

Perhaps where you live that's true. Here in California, White folk have littered the land with their trailerparks and waste-dumps, killed off all the grizzly bears and condors, pumped most of the oil out, leaving spills and dust trails all over the place.

I hardly consider that an improvemnet over when the Indians held this area, or even the mexicans.

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Why do you continue to live in the US. Clearly the democratic nature of it is not suited for you. Shame south africa got rid of apartheid for you.

I guess there isn't really a place left for you on this planet. Not a single whitie country left in the world.

poor you.

16. J.B Banned Banned

If California is so bad why are all people of color abandoning there own country's and risking there lives just for a chance to live there?

If whites are so racist and ruin the land where they are, why arn't the color people running away instead of towards the good white folks?

In fact it is the white folks that have to build walls just to try to stop people of color from invading.

17. J.B Banned Banned

Iceland, the only all-White nation in the world, has the world's highest literacy rate. 100%. It is an island of cooled volcanic magma, located Just south of the Arctic Circle. It has no coal, no fuel, no timber, no mineral wealth or natural resources, and no navigable rivers. 75% of the interior is uninhabitable and only about 1% of the land is arable. It is the youngest nation in Europe and one of the most isolated countries in the world. Nonetheless, Iceland is #2 in the world in life expectancy and has one of the world's highest standards of living, in terms of per capita income. It has tremendous medical facilities and a thriving publishing business. Virtually every family has a telephone. Upon graduation from high school, each Icelandic student has learned five languages

18. J.B Banned Banned

If white folks are such bad people why the hell is EVERYBODY trying so damm hard to live with them ?

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They haven't ruined the land totally yet. The same thing that made europeans settle America draws others to this land of plenty. WHY ISN'T ANYONE TRYING TO GET TO NEBRASKA?

Iceland is great because of hydroelectric power and geothermal energy, and few buggers would want to live there. You are wrong about natural resources, the fishing industry is huge, and the cheap electricity makes it attractive for aluminum production.

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I doubt the islandic people want your kind in their country JB. They have other values.

Most white people wouldn't want to live around your kind of people.

21. Krieg Order Registered Senior Member

All I can say is that the success of a multicultural society cannot be measured with a small percentage of foreign immigrants.

There has to be a large demographic change, where atleast 25-50% or more of the population become of a different cultural/ethnic background .

Seriously, please dont come out and say a country is "successfully multiculturalised" because it has a couple of thousand chinese immigrants,
    That isnt enough to make an accurate assessment of a nations integrated success in a multicultural society.

Some of the problems facing a multicultural society:

Once the dominant culture/ethnicity no longer exists, and you have 12 different large ethnic groups living within a nation

What will be the official language?

What Holidays will be official and which ones wont?

Which Cultural values and belief systems will be adapted, when you have 12 different ethnic groups living in one nation?

Which Cultures will we teach about? which ones will we emphasize and how will we make sure all of them are honored and not offended?

What Religions will be honored and which ones wont?

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Baron Max:

It says that once again your perceptions, as indicated by your reading skills, aren't that great.

The poll says that 75% believe there is racism in Australian society. Well, count me in that 75%! It would be stupid to deny that there is racism in virtually every society, including Australia. There is always a small minority of racists. But the vast majority of Australians are not racist. Probably the same can also be said about Americans.

23. Gustav Banned Banned

Krieg Order

What will be the official language?

english. it is already the lingua franca for much of the world

What Holidays will be official and which ones wont?

none. ban them all. you can have seasonal and calendrical vacations and that is it

Which Cultural values and belief systems will be adapted, when you have 12 different ethnic groups living in one nation?

the principles and values of secular humanism applies to all humans regardless of race or culture

Which Cultures will we teach about? which ones will we emphasize and how will we make sure all of them are honored and not offended?

all of them.. you emphasize nothing, you honor nothing. you offend no one

What Religions will be honored and which ones wont?

none will be honored. you can ooga booga privately. religion will be taught in history courses as a reminder of our once savage nature and state

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.