I'm Going to be a Dad!

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by TruthSeeker, Jun 29, 2005.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

And alone...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Satyr Banned Banned

Amen!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bells Staff Member

Huh? The only thing that will stretch the birth canal is the child coming through the birth canal. Walking and exercise in general is believed to help the mother recover from the birth itself. I think it's more a belief that it's best to be fit for labour to help in the recovery process and I guess when one considers the strain that's put on the woman's body, exercise does make sense. Women are generally advised to keep mobile during their labour for more of a labour aid I guess, but walking as far as I know does not stretch the birth canal. Hell if it did, every pregnant woman out there would be power walking 24/7.

TS, some women suffer from start to end of their pregnancy. I have one friend who had to be hospitalised constantly all through her pregnancy because she simply could not keep anything down. Another friend didn't have a single problem throughout her pregnancy. As for the waddle, as the child gets bigger, the pelvis has to accomodate so walking can become difficult. Some women have a big boost of relaxin at the start of their pregnancy which loosens the pelvic muscles making walking painful even from earlier on in the pregnancy. But not all pregnancy's are the same. Your other half my have a dream pregnancy or she may not. The thing that you must keep in mind is that you can't plan how well a pregnancy will go. You can't know for certain that she won't suffer from morning sickness all the way through for example. Each woman is different and each woman body deals with pregnancy a different way.

They did with mine. Actually with mine they counted from the day after the first day of the missed period.

I wouldn't know actually. Protein in the morning helps some women and others not. It didn't help me. All that helped me was ginger ale. But from what my obstetrician and midwife told me and from what I've read, it depends on her tolerance to the pregnancy hormones. I had medium level of tolerance it seems lol... I wasn't always sick but I had other problems that kind of made morning sickness a lovely walk in the park I guess lol.. I'm sure if I'm wrong or my doctors were wrong, Kotoko will be quick to correct me. In all seriousness though, you should ask Kotoko. She/He has claimed that they're an ob/gyn nurse so she/he should have a better idea.

That's just as retarded TS, if not more so.

It is the honeymoon trimester for some women and not for others. As I said before, not every woman's pregnancy will be the same. Some will breeze through it and others will not. You can't know now what it's going to be like for her and you in the second trimester.

And if you think the moodiness is bad now.. just wait until later...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

In a sense yes. But parenting is not something that can be read learned from just a book.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Another thing is..

I was flipping on the channels this morning(around 7), and they showed a woman giving birth. My god, it was disgusting! Think how loose she must be right now..

Does it bother you that your girlfriend will loose her figure after the pregnancy?

Adoption seem so much more attractive; skip the birth, skip the diapers, skip the terrible two's, and go straight to mind shaping. :m: I don't think they would give me a child though, its not like the SPCA where you can just walk in and pick the healthiest one.

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

"Amen" to the fact that you are lonely? I don't get it....

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Well, yeah, but massaging it and walking help making the skin more flexible. I've been reading about it. Do you want me to quote?

Yes...

That's true...

Well, in the book I'm reading it says it does...

Not really because, as you said, it is hard for them to walk during the last months...

Yes. However, normally, they get better after the first trimester.

Yes, this is a condition called hyperemesis gravidarum (which means "excessive vomiting in pregnancy"). It is not common...

That can happen too. Not very normal either...

Yeah, yeah.... I know all that (besides the fact that some women take relaxin since the beginning...)

Well, that's weird. People only find out they are pregnant after 4 weeks of pregnancy, which is when they miss their period...

Yeah... ginger ale as well...

Well, I would guess girls that normally have more hormones normally have more problems. They also get sick with birth control pills...

I'm not sure I would trust he/she/it....

Well, whatever- it doesn't matter. Cause I never speak of my sex life here. When people ask I say it is none of their business, or I joke saying "what are you asking for: pictures and videos!?"

It is for a majority of women.

Yes. However, the likelyhood is that it is going to be better.

Well, she has always been moody. This is like a HUGE PMS. Sometimes I feel like jumping down the balcony, LOL!

Absolutely. You have to actually do it. But, of course, learning and reading about it helps!

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Well, no, but that will not necesasrily happen. If she keeps herself fit, don't overeat she won't lose her figure. As for strech marks, she can just use cocoa butter. Also, it is genetic and that doesn't run in her family at all.

Well, I want to pass my genes. Seriously... think about it...

11. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Why do the rest of you care so much about his life? I mean it's a given he cares a lot about his life why do the rest of you show the same amount of effort?

Science still exists....yeah, shit it still going down in science which is worthy discussing.

12. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Discussing people's lives is way more interesting. Just look at the success of "reality" TV, "desperate housewives", soap opera and other shit that people watch because they don't have any better way to waste their lives...

13. Roman Banned Banned

People always find people very fascinating. Because we're such social creatures, we find other people to be more important than just about anything. Individulasim and all that shit are lies made up by broken individuals who are lonely.

Science is pathetically political. The most novel and interesting and daring papers rarely get published because they challenge the establishment. Peer review is a dirty, dirty process, since the peers are people who spent a lifetime doing science one way and aren't exactly open to new ideas.

Don't believe what anyone tells you; science is no less political than anything else.

14. Roman Banned Banned

Please explain what you mean to me.

15. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

All I can Say is congrats

16. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Does everything around here have to turn into a vagina monologue?
    Geez.
    We don't care about fetal growth rates or who is who's daddy and why and did she sleep around before Truthseeker and good luck to the charming couple, ad finum.

We'd just like to sit around and mock the half Chihuahua- half Hindu we call Truthseeker, like he wanted.
    And pick on nurses too, by the way.

Like Kotoko.

See, I know you little nurses who spent thousands putting your pathetic little selves through community college just to spend the rest of your life wiping ass.
    Doctors treat you all like waitresses, you can’t stand it.
    Patient treat you all like a workhorse , you can’t stand it.
    You don’t get paid nearly enough for the work any imbecile with a brain tumor could do in his seizure.
    You call it a “profession.”
    And, by god, paying thousands of dollars just to do what you do how can it NOT be a career? It cost so much money!
    That’s why you’re all such obsessive little busybodies dictating on the smallest matters, you know, like bathroom gossip demanding so and so think it over with so and so because so and so’s ovulation cycle is not right and I’m not being nosy but its my place to say maybe you should tell Billy that Marlena’s baby is not his and..and….and….

Idiots.

I wrote of you once:

You’re all janitors with operating room privileges.
    Now that, was cathartic. Here’s the part where you tell me how much money a registered nurse makes per shift.

Outlandish:
    Come now, lets be friends.
    I said.
    And will say again.
    That a jew and a black would have ugly babies. Where did I call Jews a race, brilliant one?

The jew, like the Muslim or the Christian or the Mormon, all belong to a group of peoples. Regardless of race. I can be all 4 at the same time.

You’re just being defensive because
    1)I’m talkin’ bout mixed breeding (Truth and girl would have hybrids)
    2) you so dearly want to show me what you know about Jews.

17. Arquibus Master of Useless Information Registered Senior Member

Well TruthSeeker, congratulations. I'm happy for you that you managed to find a bright spot in the world. As for all the criticisms you are getting, don't bother paying attention. Some may actually be concerned, but most are just trying to screw you up (some even admit it). Just make sure that when you're having the kid try the different vegetables to see if he/she is allergic to them (I assume they still do this, my mother did it to me) don't try carrots then sweet potatoes then squash. My mother turned me a nice shade of orange from all the beta caretin (is that the right spelling?). Anyway, congrats and good luck.

18. Kotoko Laptop Persocom Registered Senior Member

dig dig dig...

Gendanken has lost her edge.

Bells is busy telling everyone else not to do what she is already doing.

Wanderer is temp banned.

Tiassa is missing.

And no one cares.

Apathy is wonderful, ain't it?

19. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Hmm.
    And Kotoko proves to be someone else then.
    Who can it be?
    Who can it be?
    This place is a fucking drama.
    Fitting that it's a nurse.

20. Satyr Banned Banned

Kotoko
    Wanderer is temporarily banned?!

I would suggest he be banned for life.

Such miserable, defeatist, psychologically fatigued minds should be pitied and banished from this realm of health and free-thinking.

Good riddance!!!!

Don’t even mention the name of such filth or it might call him to our presence.
    The names of demons and cripples should never be uttered out loud.

21. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

gendy:

I have enough friends.

Are you naturally this thick, or do you practice regularly?
    "uglyness" is equated to phenyotype hence has to be considered within the context of genetics. Being a "jew" is not related to physical/racial anthropology (despite what the euro-hebrew-israelite-wannabe jews want us to think) and is a matter of spiritual belief. Your moronic statement of:
    "a jew and a black would have ugly babies" is based on the assumption that any so called "uglyness" would be as a result of the mixing of 2 factors X&Y, ie you clearly have come to the conclusion that being a "jew" has a tangible effect on the offsprings "aesthetic appearance" which is so moronic it beggars belief, so by that assumption a xtian & a black would pruduce ugly babies?? absolute craziness.

this is just meaningless dribble when considerd just on it's own, but within the context of the above statement you made, you're contradicting yourself.

don't confuse my calling your bluff and pointing out the inherent fallacy in a statement you made as "being defensive", if I see you type some bullshit and pass it off as "fact" I'm going to point it out, I aint yo' bitch like that shitkicker invert_dickless.

I saw the darkness and merely lit a candle.

22. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

This is just meaningless yapping coming from the boy who doesn't even know if girls have armpit hair. Moving on....

23. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

jesus christ! misunderstanding something I typed on-forum is one thing, but if you misunderstood something I said off-forum then bust my balls in pvt.