I'm in Google!

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Athelwulf, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I don't remember saying that I was gonna do that . . .

But I know how I can make it so that my forum is under Google. It'll take me a while to actually get around to it, though. I'm remaking my homepage so it looks cooler. I can fit in a link to my forum. Then the Google spiders will find it!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

There's nothing worse than searching for some information and getting forum based results. Here's a tip: type "-forum -forums" at the end of your keywords to remove countless entries of uninformed idiots saying things like "svchost.exe is a virus, delete it" when lookig up windows process stuff or whatever.

Google should have a feature to ignore the miles of conversation on the net, this is especially true with computer games etc.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

SVCHOST.EXE IS A VIRUS!!!!! DELETE IT!!!!!

D'ya think that got Google's Aufmerksamkeit?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. vslayer Registered Senior Member

its not a virus, its just a highly irritating part of windows

8. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

That's an interesting avatar, vslayer. What is that a flag of? Let me guess . . . Afghanistan? Iraq?

79 posts to go!

9. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Looks like Iraq.

10. Communist Hamster Cricetulus griseus leninus Valued Senior Member

It's Iraq. Seen it in Desert Combat (BF1942 mod).

I'm in google as well.

11. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Google: Results 1 - 10 of about 284,000 for persol. (0.35 seconds)
    Google: Results 1 - 3 of about 7,310 for persol inurl:sciforums. (0.43 seconds)

12. vslayer Registered Senior Member

yep, its iraq. i was going for a bin laden with "now you die" as a quote but i coudnt shrink one to the 40x40 limit

13. Nuttyfish Guest

My profile is first result on a google search for Nuttyfish.

14. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

15. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I did a Google search on my title, "Er heult mit den Wölfen", and I was surprised to find that the first result was not something from SciForums, but from a website with German literature! Here's a snippet of the passage containing my title!

Dreamwalker . . . Kannst du das für mir bitte übersetzen? Ich verstehe ein bischen. Danke im Voraus! (That was bad German, wasn't it?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

Anyway, I thought it was kool.

Off Topic: Dreamwalker, yer avatar makes me sad . . .

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

24 posts to go!

16. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

I did another search for "Athelwulf", and I picked a name of royalty!

There was a King Athelwulf of Wessex of the West Saxons, father of King Alfred "The Great" of England, and grandfather of King Edward "The Elder" of the Anglo-Saxons. It's at this site, number 3 in Google search. At another site, it says he married Osburga, and that he was born in about 806 and died in about 858.

Oooh, and looky here!

Here there's a Lord Athelwulf Stealcere, under Earl Marshall > Siege Engineer > Northern Shores Deputy.

King Athelwulf of the Anglo-Saxons is the second king of United "Angeland", it says here.

And here's a Wikipedia article about Ethelwulf (alternate spelling) of Wessex.

That's enough about royalty, but it seems my name is in other places as well!

Look at this quote from another site:

There's a historical fiction book with my name in it too! Raven of the Waves by Michael Cadnum, NY: Orchard Books, 2001.

And wow! On the second page of the results is www.athelwulf.co.uk . . . No kidding!

Well, that was fun.