I'm so done. I'm so sick of it.

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by gamelord, Sep 26, 2018.

1. gamelord Registered Senior Member

So I sit down, open up a LaCroix, and I drink it, and I say...why does this taste like shit? I know they are generally flavorless. But I don't remember them tasting like literal shit before.

So I google, and turns out the "natural flavor" they use is literally burnt fruit vapors, all condensed to in a heaping pile of bullshit. And then it suddenly makes sense, that I am tasting a bunch of burnt fruit.

I am so done with society...like wtf society. Fuck this world. And then I google more, and it turns they put Aspartame in "natural flavors"...I'm so done.

Why does the FDA and government continually allow these companies to poison the population? I call these bed bug companies. Because when you are safe, these companies come out of the woodwork, and find new ways to poison you, and our almighty corrupt government gives them a free pass. And no matter what, no matter how many times we try to fight them off, these companies keep rearing their ugly heads out of the woodwork. Bed bug companies and bed bug governments. You know I heard one of our courthouses was infested with bed bugs. I'm not surprised.

I'm not sure if this belongs in the chemistry or politics thread. Because its about chemicals in our food, and how our corrupt government does nothing about it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

We were never safe.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Look on the bright side.
    Crap has always gone on but we have less ti worry about things these days because we can do what you did...question...and how nice that you can find any answer simply by asking your phone...so you can be informed and no fall victim to another piece of crap...you never had it so good so.
    Alex

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Did somebody force you to drink it? You can make a choice.

What poison?

Everything is a chemical. Get used to it.

8. TheFrogger Valued Senior Member

What about Nutmeg in a hot drink, like tea. The effects take five to six hours but honestly, it's psychoactive. It's like smoking strong weed. And it's legal! ☺ Nutmeg contains a drug similar to amphetamine and ecstacy. I was bad over the weekend on it. Only just got over the trip. Returned to normal now. Just some advice for anyone who wants to get high legally. Nutmeg!

Beer w/Straw likes this.
  9. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Aspartame is not a natural ingredient and is not a flavouring. It is a synthetic sweetener. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame

I find it hard to believe a drinks company would misclassify it as a natural flavouring.

But then you're a mug for drinking crap beverages, if you don't like them. Drink something else: fruit juice, tea, coffee... You live in one of the most consumer-oriented societies in the world, so you are not short of choice.

10. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

We need a "Monotonous Whinging" subforum to herd these posts into.