Impeach Xev? Serious Poll!

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by ElectricFetus, Apr 29, 2004.

?

Impeach Xev from moderator position?

Poll closed May 20, 2004.
  1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    53.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Due to problems interpreting the last poll I'm making a new one with well defined questions and specific answers. Please close the last poll, all that can be agreed on there is that the majority of us think Xev is a eccentric, not if she should remain a moderator or not.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I hereby declare my wishes that Xev remain a moderator. I find her to be as mentally stable as anyone else and have no current issues with her.

Fin~

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

I echo this sentiment.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

Ok, for the next and final one: I hope everyone votes

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I do not think Xev is a suitable moderator, on the grounds:

1: 55 people in the last poll do not consider her to be a "good member" more than half the active members.
    2: She is proud of being a racist and justifies it by "freedom of speech"
    3: She does not set a good example to others, and nor seems to be sensible(e.g. "I find this sexually gratifying")
    4: Moderating forums is quite a trivial job, and I should know, as I've had 4 moderately sized forums of my own.

Therefore, considering that such a large number of members do not seem to particularly like her, and considering moderating forums, is quite trivial. I see no reason why she should be a moderator, which will only spite quite a large proportion of active members.

Vote: Please Remove Her.

8. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

I vote for closing this thread and temp banning the creator and anyone voting yes.

then i vote for a "raves and rants" subforum where everybody can bitch to there hearts contents, no mods, anything goes, only rule:"if you enter be prepared to accept the punches".

9. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

"55 people in the last poll do not consider her to be a "good member" more than half the active members."

I don't know where you got that figure from mikey. You must've looked at the Currently Active Users thng at the bottom of the homepage. I shall respond assuming this. The Currently Active Users are the number of members on this site at any one time.

"She is proud of being a racist and justifies it by "freedom of speech"

I'm proud of being an athiest and I often put down religious types. This IS freedom of speech. Freedom of speech is the freedom to speak your mind. Its our right to as human beings. We think for a reason.

"Moderating forums is quite a trivial job, and I should know, as I've had 4 moderately sized forums of my own."

As do I. And I think moderating Philosophy is a very tough area to moderate. You get the serious types and you get the extremists. Her moderating job is far from trivial.

"I vote for closing this thread and temp banning the creator and anyone voting yes."

The creator only made this thread because of various complaints. It is not a direct assault towards Xev personally. It is a thread to find out whether people seriously want Xev out as a moderator.

I hope my reply has helped clear a few things up and I still stand by Xev in this one.

10. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

Thank you for that explanation, although you assumed wrong. I am using the data from the previous poll: which is 55 people who do not consider her to be a good person or a nut(34 + 21) of which 34 want her removed. When I say active members, I mean those who post her regularily, not the members online at the moment

Seriously, 55 members is a lot, and losing her, is not even a slightest loss, and moderating forums is not as hard as it claimed here. I would personally have removed her if I was an admin. Knowing that 55 members disapprove of her.

I am an atheist, and consider religions to be quite primitive, but recognise their importance in our evolution.

Racism however is something much more different:

The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Do I really have to tell you how condemnable racism is? You would be hard-pressed to justify racism anywhere. It's the type of hate that leads to genocides, mindless hate and terrorist acts.

Sorry Thor, I do not buy that. I think theres a lot of others here who can do the job. It's not leading a country; it just cleaning it up. I personally think Xev makes it more dirty, by openly supporting racism, and saying things like, "I find it sexually gratifying" to her impeachment threads. It clearly shows how much disrespect she has for others.

These are just some reasons, I think people should take into consideration, before they vote "No"

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Kunax,

Just for your information I voted "no".

Xev is an eccentric, sadistic and even evil bitch at time, but I have not seen her
    1. Abusing her powers as moderator
    2. Being a asshole while using her moderating powers
    Xev temperament seems to be variable and does not seem to affect her volunteer work as moderator.

12. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Those like crazymikey still do not get it. *sigh*

13. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

Get what Absane?

It's evident from this reply, that "I still don't get it"

14. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

I again repeat that Xev retains the full confidence of the administration.

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

...and the support of the other moderators, I would think.

16. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

You would be correct, James. I vote NO.

17. Xev Registered Senior Member

*Sniffles*

Y'all like me?

"Xev is an eccentric, sadistic and even evil bitch at time"

*Blushes*
    Oh, you shouldn't have.

18. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

We support you as a moderator, Xev. That doesn't mean we like you!

(Just kidding.)

19. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

lol WCF someone "needs" to be banned, and since you startet this thread, why not ban you

or ban by post number, ban the user with post number 11 in this thread

20. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Why ban the guy who is only trying to gather opinions??

And it looks like Xev has a big undergroundfan base. Excellent.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2004
  21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

No.

But that's a separate issue, don't you think?

Whether or not I like you has little, if anything to do with your suitability as a moderator. You may be a spiteful, racist (expletive) but, as has been pointed out, it doesn't seem to get in the way of your moderation. To that end, be whatever you are. No law says I have to like it.

There is no reason to dump you as a moderator, and several good reasons to keep you around. It's an easy decision regardless of what I think of the rest of you.

22. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Xev,

This is not politics here (thank god!) dislikeing you is not reason for impeachment, nor is likeing you reason for you to stay. You do your job well and that’s all the matters. Your views, opinions and mannerisms are separate from your work as moderator. By the way thanks for bribing me with your sexually powers.

23. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

I don't see how Xev's beliefs, be they objectionable or not, relate to her current capacity.
    She does her job.

Besides, certainly, she is the philosophical superior of most, if not all, of Sciforums; if the shoe fits...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.