Impeach Xev? Serious Poll!

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by ElectricFetus, Apr 29, 2004.

?

Impeach Xev from moderator position?

Poll closed May 20, 2004.
  1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    53.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

at least say s/he for Xev case, please. its piss some are our members off... they must have a little sand in their vaginas.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Textual analysis, paulsamuel. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. And, let's face it, why lie?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

Jeez, I don't know, I'm no psychologist. But not too long ago on this forum, there was someone searching urgently for contact email or something declaring it was a emergency, but it turned out it was the same guy (he was pretending to be someone else searching for himself). There are lots of freaks out there.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

You're right about that, paulsamuel. I have come across some disturbed people on the internet.

8. Xev Registered Senior Member

Because I fuck his brains out every night.

But we are responding and corresponding with a username. None of you are actual people - you're just toys, the best of you are intelligent puppeteers.

9. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

just lovely!

you may think you're clever and funny, but I would think you would consider this matter, i.e. a vote on your impeachment as a moderator, a bit more seriously; and the vote thus far is very close. I know that this is not a binding vote, but there is a reason behind it, and that is because so many users complain of you.

10. Xev Registered Senior Member

Of course they complain of me - I'm profane and supercilious.
    Why on earth would I take this seriously? Do you have any idea how many "I hate Xev" threads have been started?
    I love it.
    I get impeached, I get banned, I find some other way to waste my time. Fuck, I won't even be around for the summer so on the off chance y'all do "impeach" me, best do it now.

Have I mentioned that I'm an evil Nazi racist who eats the flesh of unbaptized babies?

11. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

But you are toys, a bunch of unknown teddy bears hammering away at some stupid keyboard, toys.

12. Bells Staff Member

Ah yet another ban Xev thread. The place where we see the insulted and the bown nosers wishing to avoid future insults congregate.

Lets face it, Xev is a pain in the arse. She's crude, rude and prone to philosophical rantings, but I admit it, at times she's amusing. But does that mean that her behaviour stops her from moderating? From what I've seen in my time on this forum, the answer is no. To assume that because she's a moderator, she should therefore not be granted any so called freedom of speech is ridiculous. If you don't like what she writes, then don't read it. It's simple and easy. She runs her forum well and apart from a few incidents in there, we get our say. She rectifies the mistakes that she makes in her forum. When she participates in other forums on this site, she is just a mere member like the rest of us. We all abuse each other and we all call each other names on the forums on this site, why can't she do the same when she's not moderating? If any of you were ever made a moderator on this site, would you refrain from participating in another forum (where you are not a moderator) and calling others a dickhead? Somehow I doubt it.

From what I've seen, moderators are supposed to maintain their forum and prevent members from behaving like baboons in a cage. But when they are participating in other forums, they are just like the rest of us and should be allowed to throw shit at others between the cage bars like the rest of us do (as far as the rules apply

). I was not aware that moderators had to adhere to some moral code in all forums aside from their own. If that was the case, there wouldn't be any moderators because I don't think anyone would volunteer. Those of you who think that moderators should be moral role models to the rest of us need to get out a bit more. If you're looking to unknown faceless individuals as a role model, then you have some deep seated issues that needs to be addressed. No offence to any of the mods on here but I for one do not consider any of you to be role models. This is not summer camp where we all play and have camp counsellors to keep us in line and to have as role models.

Sure many in here dislike Xev, but that is not reason enough to remove her as a moderator.

We really don't need to hear about your sexual escapades.

13. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

I strongly disagree with your opinion.

Xev, as a member, is tolerable, ignorable and entitled to her freedom of speech.

As a moderator, she has a job and a responsibility to members and the forum as a whole.

This type of response,
    undermines the hard work other moderators do, and the most diffcult work of Porfiry in building and maintaining this forum. It's unacceptable for a moderator, and she should be summarily dismissed.

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Shhh! Don't tell them that!

15. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Too late James

Originally posted by paulsamuel:

But she did not answer as a moderator, did she?
    She answers as a memeber. Everybody has the right of free speech, even a moderator, just because she got a job to do does not mean that she should refrain from stating her opinions. As long as her opinions do not interfere with her moderating, I seriously do not care what she says.

16. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

again, i strongly disagree.

he obviously has no concern for his duties and no regard for the forum
    why is he even a moderator?? he doesn't care at all. one would think that a moderator has some vested interest in making the forum a better place to be in. he has no regard for that whatever.

i say dump him

17. Bells Staff Member

Don't you mean that as a moderator she should not speak unless spoken to and she should always be nice and polite? Are all the moderators nice and polite on here? I've looked at some of the responses by moderators in this site and nice and polite is not how I'd describe them. She does not have a responsibility to the members on this site. Please tell me Paul, in your opinion, what resposibility does she have to the members? She is not a parental figure standing on the sidelines watching to make sure no one gets hurt. She is not someone that members are meant to be looking up to. As a moderator, her role is to ensure that the members play by the rules set for that particular forum, in her case, the Philosophy forum. She does not have a job, she is not payed for being a moderator. You fail to realise that when she is in the Philosophy forum, she is a moderator. When she participates in the Human Sciences forum, she is a member, therefore she has the freedom of speech that other members have. Within her own forum where she moderates, she must ensure that the rules she's set down aren't broken and that the discussions continue on a philosophical level.

The other moderators don't appear to have a problem with how she moderates. So why do you? After all, if, as you say, their work was being undermined, don't you think they'd have said something about it? You are just upset because she disagrees with you in regards to the 'race' issue and because she calls you paula.

As for your example of why she should be 'summarily dismissed' (that had me laughing so hard I snorted)... why? Did she make that statement as a moderator or as a member? Since she is not a moderator in this particular forum, it would mean that she is here as a member.

18. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Again, do you think you're making a point by writing he?

It just makes you look stubborn.

19. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

Where would you get that idea from what I've written? I've never even accused Xev of being impolite.
    Since he sought, then accepted, the position of moderator, his duty and responsibility is to moderate. This is a service both to members of the forum, but also to those responsible for maintaining the forum. By accepting the moderator position, he took on these responsibilities. If he doesn't want them, then he should resign.
    Your statements are contradictory. To a certain extent, and by your own admission, he is a "parental figure" with responsibilities, i.e. "to ensure that the members play by the rules." Your statements are contradictory.
    That is irrelevant. One doesn't need to be paid to have responsibilities to a position, e.g. little league coaches, well really any volunteer position. If one is not capable of handling the responsibilities, one does not and should not accept the position, whether that position was sought or thrust upon one.
    I do not fail to realise that. I happen to disagree on 2 points. First, that his behavior is any different in the forum in which he "moderates," (and I'm using that term loosely). Second, that the behavioral constraints of moderators are lifted when moderators leave their forum.

I'm not sure why you think that other moderators don't have a problem with him. I'm not convinced that's true. I was asked to come here by a moderator, to submit my views.

That statement of his I quoted was an indication of how little he cares about SciForums and its members and what little regard he has for the position of moderator, in the very subforum where his fate on SciForums could be decided. So, it's obvious he doesn't take it seriously and is thumbing his nose at the other moderators, Porfiry, and all of us. That ought to give you such a big laugh that milk will come out of your nose.

20. Xev Registered Senior Member

Rappaccini:
    'Cause he wants to suck my dick while I slap him around with a copy of "The Bell Curve".

Who's daddy's little slut, paula?

21. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

i can't wait until this poll closes and the thread is locked and over with...

22. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

perhaps Xev is a shemale, nasty

23. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

The Bells Curve... I did not know Paula gets turned on by works of fiction?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.