Impeach Xev? Serious Poll!

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by ElectricFetus, Apr 29, 2004.

?

Impeach Xev from moderator position?

Poll closed May 20, 2004.
  1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    53.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xev Registered Senior Member

*Laughs*
    Okay, sorry Bells. I changed it.

For the record, I'm of mixed ethnicity myself. I don't believe there's convincing evidence that one of the races is superiour, and my objection to the current "multiculturalist" trend is that heritage loses meaning when it is commercialized in the name of "celebrating diversity".
    On the other hand, I've known several white supremicists as complete losers who found their sense of accomplishment by parading the achievements of their ancestors. I feel pride in my heritage as I continue it, not as something I look back upon.
    And I have nothing but respect for a Negro, a Native American or Asiatic who acts the same way.

Last edited: May 16, 2004
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hathor Banned Banned

are there not rules against excessive quotations? this is exactly the kind of hypocrisy that this moderator engages in. i dare anyone to post a quote of that length in her forum. you will be admonished and edited.

furthermore, conducting what is obviously a personal vendetta which has no relevance to the issue at hand is outrageous. publicising private email addresses is also dispicable. i recommend deletion of post as offtopic

i believe this is a better example on the utilization of quotes

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xev Registered Senior Member

Hathor my dear, if an.droid published his email address, how am I being vindictive in quoting his post? If he did not want the forum to see it, he did not have to post it.

Besides, maybe there are equally psycho homosexuals reading this, and he will find his soulmate. I'm doing a good deed!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Anyways, I've never abused my privledge as mod. Certainly I am unpleasant as a member - but so are many others.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I'm thinking that now that Xev see the poll she starting to get serious, but also I'm thinking what reason do we beleive profiry will go through and impeach Xev if the results say so?

8. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

Exactly.
    This is pointless.
    You panzies stop whining. hathor, robotgirl etc etc.

9. Hathor Banned Banned

that confession astounds me. you discount the fact that a sizable portion do not want her as moderator. you refuse to see the even the slightest merit in their arguments. it is unfortunate i had wasted my time engaging you in conversation as i can see it is a total waste of time. i am thankful tho you had not adopted the same abusive tone as you did with paulsamuel

your naivety further astounds. the trend i notice is your prediliction to compartmentalize. your mistake is to project that ability to others

the crux of the matter was best explained by arditezza in an earlier post
    an edited version....

the philosophy forum appears to have a noticibly lesser quality of discussion than the rest of the forums. it remains in highschool while the rest have graduated

10. Hathor Banned Banned

it is now obvious that you are one of the "brownnosers" as you had so eloquently put it. this is an obvious strawman and rather disingenuous.

the primary duty of a moderator is to enforce compliance with the tos. you are not expected to be qualified in the topics under discussion. it would be a bonus but not expected. (guilty of presumptions but fairly certain of them)

tacking on this added qualification as an obstacle to xevs ouster is an extremely weak and transparent ploy on your part.

btw, what are her qualifications? what are yours that allow you to recognize her abilities?

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Are you implying that a lot of people here want Xev out because they want her job??? If that so I have a long list profanities to spew at them!

12. Hathor Banned Banned

it is the effort that counts. there is always a chance that the vote will be taken into account by the administration. besides, not everyone is apathetic as you two appear to be. there are those that actually stand up and protest percieved injustices

* a single soldier brave enough to stand up and point out abuses will bring the current admin in the usa down

*that is why nothing is pointless

13. Hathor Banned Banned

"from each according to his abilities" do what you must.

14. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

What the hell has Dr. Frankanferter got to do with all of this???

15. Hathor Banned Banned

BELLS

browsing around this forum i find this post from you

in light of that, do you still retain confidence in the course of action that you outline below?

a system has been put in place to address grievances. i believe it should be utilized in light of the double standard that you refer to in the earlier quote.

do you feel like commenting or are you still in your "dont care" mode?

16. Bells Staff Member

You feel as though you've wasted your time, yet you continue to reply to what I post? Anywho back to the topic at hand. I haven't discounted the fact that a sizable portion of the members do not want her as a moderator. Nor have I discounted their arguments. What I disagree with is the reason behind their arguments. Am I supposed to support their argument because the majority may feel the way that they do?

And as to my abusive tone. I wasn't aware that I had abused paulsamuel, but thank you for pointing it out to me.

Now I realise that the pain medication had not really dulled my senses as I originally thought.

Heh... you're joking right? Could it be that it appears as though it's still in highschool because several of the members who post in there are highschool students wanting clarification, as they do in most other forum in here? The discussions I have taken part in there have not been highschool. You just have to be more selective.

LOL! That's cute. Please tell me Hathor. How am I a brownnoser? Is it because I don't agree with the reason behind the cause? Is it because I'm going against the status quo in this instance?

One would expect that the moderator would be able to take part in the discussion. After all, what respect would a member have if the moderator was asked a question and came back with a reply of 'huh?' ?

How so? After all, if we are all baying for her blood, it is only natural to ask who would be insane enough to want to replace her as a moderator on the philosophy forum? It's not an added qualification. I'm actually suprised that you'd see it as so.

I thought you said that a moderator should not have to be expected to be qualified in the topics of discussion in their forum? If you wish to know what qualifications she may have, ask her. Why ask me? I actually have no idea and nor do I really care. It really is none of my business.

As to my qualifications. I'm a student and I also lecture part time.

No, I asked that question because of the way the discussion in here appeared to be progressing. And I agree with you. Profanity should come forth to members who would want her out for such a reason.

17. Bells Staff Member

I thought you felt as though you were wasting your time in discussing this with me?

Actually I'm not in my 'don't care mode' anymore as the pain has come back and the meds are wearing off. When the ban threads first started, it seemed like a good idea. But christ, look at them now. They have multiplied like bacteria. We are now seeing ban threads based on personality dislikes instead of real reasons. I still maintain that a mod should fall under the same rules as a member in this forum.

I don't believe that I've stated any differently in this thread. I've always maintained that the mods are the same as members when they participate in other forums that they aren't moderating in, and therefore they should have the same rules applied to them. I also believe in equal punishment.

But what I disagree with in this particular thread is that no one has put forth an argument of how Xev does not moderate her forum or how is she unfair in how she moderates. That was the topic of this thread was it not? We are meant to be arguing that she should/should not be impeached as a moderator because of how she moderates.

If she's stuffed up as a member in another forum, then the rules of that forum should apply to her as well as they do to other members. If the other moderators have failed to apply the rules equally, then we should be taking it up with them. Should Xev face action for how she acts in other forums when she's a mere member? Yeah she probably should, as should most of us as well as we are hardly innocent and pure when we post. We hardly always play by the posting rules of the forums. But that was not the question asked in this poll. We were not asked to discuss her personality flaws or her meanness, etc. We are meant to be discussing whether Xev is a capable moderator based on the manner in which she moderates her forum at present. And I think that she is a capable moderator.

18. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

You internet dwelling caveman. Perceived injuries on the internet? What sort of a whiny bitch are you?
    You're either very jobless or very very sad.
    Idiot.

19. Xev Registered Senior Member

Well, we're tied for and against.
    I'm off to Europa tomorrow, so have fun licking the wounds my mean ascii inflicted. It's the closest thing to pussy most of you'll come.
    Not excluding being a pussy.

Thanks to all my supporters, I love you with all my heart, you can pay my receptionist on the way out and do not attempt to touch the dancers.

20. Hathor Banned Banned

such bravado. i would however advise caution. restitution could be had if one so desires.

XEV

have a great trip and see you when you get back. btw, do you intend to visit your great slavic homeland

21. Hathor Banned Banned

BELLS

You feel as though you've wasted your time, yet you continue to reply to what I post?

it certainly appears that way, does it not? i must confess it is rather mysterious and inexplicable

What I disagree with is the reason behind their arguments. Am I supposed to support their argument because the majority may feel the way that they do?

i would appreciate it if you outline once more, your understanding of "their" reasoning. how do you conclude the majority may or may not, feel a certain way? i can only tell by the votes. is there an informal poll that i am unaware of? and no, you are most certainly free do as you wish. i do not see how you can be constrained to do otherwise

Is it because I'm going against the status quo in this instance?

you appear confused. the moderator in question appears to have the support of the administration. she also has your support. how can you then claim to be "going against the status quo" ?

One would expect that the moderator would be able to take part in the discussion. After all, what respect would a member have if the moderator was asked a question and came back with a reply of 'huh?' ?

pardon. i was not aware of this. so the moderators are singled as a source of information? interesting. i think one would be in greater danger of losing respect by engaging virulent and crude behaviour than the inabilty to give satisfactory answers

How so? After all, if we are all baying for her blood, it is only natural to ask who would be insane enough to want to replace her as a moderator on the philosophy forum? It's not an added qualification. I'm actually suprised that you'd see it as so.

you appear to have adopted a siege mentality and your reasoning is colored by it. how does the current split vote translate into "all baying for blood?" furthermore that is not what you asked. rather it was...Who here knows enough about philosophy to do the job?

I thought you said that a moderator should not have to be expected to be qualified in the topics of discussion in their forum?

indeed i did. what is your point?

If you wish to know what qualifications she may have, ask her. Why ask me?

the following quote indicated an awareness of it.

I have to ask, if we get rid of Xev, who would take on the philosophy forum? Who here knows enough about philosophy to do the job?

must i spell out the logical implications of that quote?

22. Xev Registered Senior Member

This is the funniest damn thing I've seen since a clubful of Goths on ecstacy.

Lock up your sons!

23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

This thread seems to have drifted way off topic.

There are plenty of chat forums on the internet. Perhaps some of you should consider using them instead of unloading your personal grievances and issues here.

Does anybody have anything to say which is relevant to the topic of the thread? If not, perhaps it is time to close the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.