Impeach Xev?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by ElectricFetus, Apr 11, 2004.

?

Should Xev be impeached?

Poll closed Jul 10, 2004.
  1. Yes Xev is not worthy of being a moderator (impeach Xex)

33 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. Yes Xev is a wacko, but still a OK moderator (Do no impeach Xev)

20 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. No Xev is alright as a person and moderator (Do not impeach Xev)

19 vote(s)
    26.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Threads like this serve no more purpose. We've been over this subject more than once, and the end result is the same. Xev has done no wrong (Unless you count murder and rape, but I'm not telling).

Sargentlard,
    What makes you think she hasn't?

No my lovely, speak all you want.

-- The Grand Dragon Gizzard

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

sargentlard,

I don't want her banned, I just want to know that at least the majority of the rest of use agree she a few cherries short of a fruit cake, if you know what I mean.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

Well Cooked: Jobless?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

I agree with you Randolfo,

Someone who publically agrees to being a racist and considers it her right to be so, should most definitely not be a moderator. It's akin to electing a KKK clan member to office. Moderating; censoring posts, editing, or deleting is quite trivial - anybody can do it. A true role of a moderator, is to set an example for other members.

Someone with the mentality and attitude of Xev, certainly does not set an example for other members. Unless of course, the members resonate at her mentality and subscribe to her attitude. I would not be surprised, if that was the case, by majority.

8. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

airavata,

It’s the weekend and I live in a collage dorm.

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Indeed. I for instance really like Stryderunknown as a moderator. He is always helpful (even with stupid questions), and there is basically not a single bad thing I could say about him or how he leads his forum. Or how he behaves on sciforum in general.

10. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Yep, thumbs up for Stryderunknown.

James R also does a very good job.

11. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

You know the funny thing though.... the most that comes of this thread is an impeachment... but not actually any action. Quite funny.

12. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

This makes no sense.

The populace hesitates to ban offendors like Whirlwind, while the numbers against Xev mount alarmingly?

I get the feeling that most folks respond "no" automatically to a ban poll, fearing that they too might have that lot one day, but, when it comes disagreeable, no-nonesense Xev, who has never actually committed any 'sciforums crimes', everybody has a vendetta...

There is no basis on which any action could be taken against Xev.

13. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

Personally, I think that Xev has said some things that people find offensive. But, this is an area for freedon of speech. What the hell, it's only a forum, it's not the end of the world. I am not for or against banning Xev.

14. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Well, as far as I know being offensive and 'odd' is not against the rules (the cause of this ban poll). Spamming and baiting is (the cause of other ban polls).

15. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Note:

This thread isn't for "banning" Xev.
    It's a proposal for impeachment, not banishment.

16. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

shhsss... i don't think they know the difference

17. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Impeaching is worse then banishing (as banished people usually find there way back, getting a mod job isn’t easy) By the way Xev is doing good in the poll: 16 people think she should stay and only 12 think she should go… but what really make me happy is that 18 people believe something wrong with her mentally, what vindication!

18. Her own words from, page 1, 3rd reply:

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=34460&page=1&pp=20

my point is, that a racist should not be in charge of an open forum, there is no way that someone so childish & an avowed racist should be a moderator on a non-hate site. if she wants to host, post, moderate on some hitlerLove site, fine with me, but how can anyone trust her for being unbiased? fair? I don't believe in banning just for ideas, even if wrong, but she should not be one of the "elders of sciforums", sitting in judgement of us little peons. by her being in the status of "moderator", it implies fairness, impartiality, can she be a moderate moderator? have blacks been chased from this forum? are Mexicans next? BTW, ideas are one thing, we can disagree left & right, but you are born with black, white, brown, etc... characteristics, you can't do anything about that (unless you are Michael Jackson), but you can debate ideas, ideals, words, meanings. that is what an open forum is about, not hitlerLove, not hateTheJews, not some ol' hate site, let the haters go to Sieghiel, we need rational moderators

she can & should only be a regular member of Sciforums, part of the huddled masses

19. Bells Staff Member

Sheesh do these threads never go away?

Now I have had more than enough run-ins with Xev in the past and I don't see that changing in the future

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

, however I'd like to ask a question. Has she, at any time discriminated against a member because of their colour? In her position as moderator, has she ever deleted posts, altered posts, etc because of the poster's colour or creed? Hmmm?

Do you even know who the coloured folks on this forum are?

For fucks sake this is ridiculous. She has claimed that she is a racist.... AS IN SHE BELIEVES IN RACIAL DISTINCTION.... AS IN SHE BELIEVES IN SEPERATIST IDEALS... AS IN SHE DOESN'T HATE ANY PARTICULAR RACE BUT LIKES THE NOTION OF DISTINCT RACIAL GROUPS... Did you even read what she posted afterwards?

I'm a person from a mixed background (black and white) and I've never been chased from these forums. Far from it. In fact I remember making a comment in a post to Xev about my heritage and she's never commented on it either. So what the fuck are you on about? I've never had Xev delete my posts or alter them because of my cultural heritage. But I guess you wouldn't notice since you're so busy trying to chase off the Muslim and gay members from this forum.

Oh that is beyond rich coming from you. You who has been a busy fucking bee spreading his propoganda against Muslims and Gays all over the place. You bitch that she's claimed to be a racist, but at least she's honest enough to admit it. You on the other hand are quick to point the finger but refuse to look in the mirror. Hypocrite! Has she preached Hitler love? Hardly, I only saw her make very derogatory comments about Hitler. Has she claimed to hate the Jews? Yes, but she's also made claims in the past of hating all religions... so she hasn't discriminated there either. Too bad the same can't be said for you with your anti Muslim and anti gay sentiments. Lucky for the gays and Muslims on this board that you're not a moderator...

Crazymikey
    I wasn't aware that it was the moderator's job to be role models. They are like you and I, they have their faults. They are not perfect. They have rules and they moderate by those rules. If you want a role model, then you are in the wayyyyyyyy wrong place (no offence peoples

). This is a forum where people who can read and write come to debate and discuss issues and facts. Sort of anyway

20. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

I think you missed the point. I am not saying she should be a role model, I am saying she should set an example, so that others can follow. If the moderators are going to be racist, ignorant, offensive, then you will find the members are going to be the same. Why do you think Bill Clinton was impeached? On the same grounds; for being an irresponsible human being, when he really should have set an example for his people.

I wish to comment on this poll. I feel this poll is biased towards the non-impeachment of Xev, on the grounds that there are two options for her non impeachment, and only one for her impeachment. Therefore as WCF has done above, hes combined the totals for non impeachment(16) and proclaimed, "she is doing well" when in fact the majority opinion on the poll is FOR her impeachment.

By introducing the extra option, "She's a wako, but she's OK as a moderator" the designer of the poll is attempting to manipulate the voters. To me, it reads like this, "Come on folks she's a fine moderator, so click here"

It is not about wether she's a fine moderator, heck, a KKK clan member maybe a fine president and take the country places. It's about wether she as a human being, who is proud of being a racist, an evil society has fought for centuries, should be given such an authority and be placed higher than other people.

Another point I would to make. I feel this democratic system is flawed. Sometimes democracy is not the most optimal system of government, and it's verdict, not necessarily the correct choice. A public forum is one such place where it doesn't always work. Nonetheless, that is the case here, and me saying so, will not change this system, but I think there is something we could agree on: shouldn't the popular motion win by a majority? I think it's quite silly to pass a motion, when the variance is only 1 or 4 votes from the other motions.

Especially considering that some voters may not be unique. I am sure there are many members on this forum who have multiple accounts.

We have 18 members(that's quite a lot) of this forum who do not respect her, and only 11 who do. As the matter is very trivial, and considering that there are far better choices for the position of moderator, than Xev, I think(you do not have to agree) Xev's moderator role should be transferred to another member elected by the forum members.

This is just my 2 pennies. I have nothing more to say on the matter.

21. MacZ Caroline Registered Senior Member

While some seem bedazzled by Xev (perhaps they're young, from a town where no ones swears) I find her predictable and boring, much like fifteen teenagers rolled into one. Obviously there's a person she likes to think she is, and person she'd like others to think she is, and this is where she's working it all out - creating herself.

It's the predictability that gives it away (though it's plenty transparent enough). People who are just being themselves can't help but give us all, and themselves, some surprises now and then. But instead, Xev delivers the same old, same old, time after time and you can bet Nietzsche will be in there somewhere.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2004
  22. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

crazymikey,
    So a democratic vote, that's more legit than the Electoral College, is flawed? Or are you just anti-American? I don't think you'd make a good mod then. How's about we make a standard set of rules for being a mod?

1. Must be over 21... Wait, the person in question could lie.
    2. Must be an atheist... Wait, the person in question could lie.
    3. Must be white... Wait, nobody would know.

So how can you tell whose white or black?

How do you know who’s best for the job; the people who are nominated and voted to power are the best ones for this job. They have proven that they're intelligent and capable of making sane judgments.

As someone here who can see what goes on behind the curtains; Xev hasn’t really made any bad calls. She’s done alright.

And I have to agree with Bells on this: Being a racial separatist is different than being is a racist.

-- The Grand Dragon Gizzard

23. Nebuchadnezzaar Registered Senior Member

I find Xev to be one of the saddest women on the planet. Having her as a moderator does only one thing to this forum, and it isn't positive.

When I read almost any of her messages, All i can see is a fat, or extremely ugly, middle class loser who hates the world because the world seeminlgy hates her. I rarely see her being nice at all.

I can picture her going to bed at night and reminding herself of all the people she's outwitted during the day, and smiling.
    And i can picture all the people she's outwitted during the day going to sleep and wondering when she's going to change and become a social creature, or go on a diet, or get a nose job.

Seeming to be intelligent isn't everything Xev, it's not what makes us human.

I just pity her, and Gendanken.

Maybe they are just lesbians. On behalf of the entire hetero community, i'd like to say thank god they are....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.