[Important] Lochness Monster Again?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by worryfarawayAFS, Jan 16, 2011.

1. worryfarawayAFS Registered Member

Hi, I'm from VietNam, I don't know where to show this so if you believe in this picture please post on another 4rum.
    Now,
    Tonight (I live in VietNam), I went to google map. I was really curios so I searched "LochNess Lake" and see what I got:​

So, I don't have permission to post a link so you can type a ":" between "http" and "//" to see this pic:
    http//ca9.upanh.com/19.0.24094223.cJG0/yw.png​

What was there? Was that LochNess Monster we have searched for many years???

Do you believe? I don't know many 4rums of science so please post it on another website.
    Thanks>

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Your picture doesn't show the Loch Ness monster - just a satellite image of the Loch.

What is the point of your post?

By the way, the word "Loch" means "Lake", so it's just "Loch Ness", not "Loch Ness Lake", which means "Lake Ness Lake"

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

As I recall, it takes about a minimum of 180 fertile pairs of mated animals to keep a species going. If there were that many plesiosaurs (or similar) in the lake, a dead one would have washed up on the shore by now or the bones would have turned up.

There would also need to be a heck of a lot of fish to feed such a crew and they would be seen feeding frequently.

I call this myth "busted".

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

Are you saying we have discovered all life in earth.

8. mathman Valued Senior Member

No.

9. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

to be perfectly honest, I attributed the stories of such a monster to back when Viking's use to regularly roam the open seas. The Viking were quite crafty with their long boats, they were known to potentially take them out of the water and move them across land to other shores to continue either their journey or their exploration. (In fact some of the smaller ponies I'm sure were taken on voyages to aid with this task)

I would hazard a guess that they did this with Loch Ness thinking that it was the shoreline to another sea, but finding it just a Loch. It's possible that a the occupants of a Crannóg might have either witnessed a looming shadow of a long boat during dusk, with perhaps a lantern or fire billowing from the front to light the way, or worse still perhaps such a domicile and it's occupants might have fallen foul to a sacking, with only neighbouring families hearing the roars and fighting etc.

10. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

The Loch Ness Monster was Jack the Ripper.