UFOs (UAPs): Explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

You couldn't carry that man's jock strap.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

The 2004 Niimtz encounters occurred over an extended period of several weeks, culminating in the now famous chase by Fravor on Nov 14. If it all really was down to jumpy radar operators getting excited over false/misidentified blips, we've all evidently been extremely lucky to have avoided an accidental WWIII till now, and as they say "Gawd elp us awl'.
    Really scary is that these false alerts were so amazingly coordinated, so synchronized across multiple independent surveillance platforms - multiple shipborne and multiple airborne. Throw in FLIR and visual and optical video recordings that match up, and, frightening doesn't begin to describe everyday pandemonium in a battle ready US Navy carrier fleet.

Alternate theory - there really were bona fide UFO incursions just as claimed by responsible witnesses who have come forward of late. I'll go with that one thank you.
    One can seek out a skeptic go-to site that looks for any inevitable discrepancies in individual accounts and turns that into a 'fiasco'. Like:
    https://parabunk.blogspot.com/2018/07/the-2004-uss-nimitz-tic-tac-ufo.html
    Yet imo not only does Parabunk's analysis actually mostly give credence to the UFO incursion option there, but gets egg on face from the very first listed comment by Meet Kevin Day. You decide. Fairly and impartially if possible.

And the plot thickens. Whether audio interview with claimed radar operator Trevor linked to here:
    https://www.dailygrail.com/2018/06/...radar-operator-of-the-2004-tic-tac-ufo-event/
    , is genuine and reliable, or of a lone publicity seeker, or gov agency disinfo plant etc., the picture is now one of alternate pictures.
    To rely on any one or just a few incidents in arguing pro or con UFO incursions is thus very risky indeed stupid. It's the long term aggregate that forms imo a reliable overall picture.

Magical Realist likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

So, looking at the records of Heinkel 113 encounters we can conclude the German production - or rather non-production - records from the Heinkel factories were in fact erroneous and that they did actually produce that aircraft. Equally RLM and Luftwaffe records are mistaken/ lying when they show that no He 113s were taken on strength.
    Because, after all, multiple claims over 3 years is a reliable long-term aggregate, neh?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Your suggestion then is what? That all those involved navy bods in Nimitz carrier group were so prepped from having watching e.g. X-Files, they just 'saw UFO's' where none existed? And so on similarly for all or most of the huge number of other multiply witnessed incidents over the decades? Stick with that spin if you like. I've given my pov clearly enough. Bye bye for now now.

8. sculptor Valued Senior Member

in defiance of space aliens
    see the movie
    they live

9. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I don't think you have. You asked what kind of evidence for extraterrestrials would be acceptable and I suggested that the same evidence we expect at a crime scene would be acceptable. Where did you address that?

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

It's much less likely to be pilot error when you take into account all the numerous sightings and infrared video of white propulsionless tic tacs not only by pilots of the Nimitz carrier group off the coast of San Diego but of pilots all up and down the east coast and from the Roosevelt carrier group in the Atlantic. These pilots would be well familiar with the many appearances of jets by now including views from the rear. There's just no way they'd mistake jets for 40 ft long tic tacs and "spinning tops" doing hypersonic maneuvers and instantaneous changes in direction in their protected air space:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The unidentified flying objects look like white Tic Tacs, or spinning tops flying against the wind — and Navy pilots keep reporting their presence over U.S. airspace. In interviews with the New York Times, five more pilots have come forward describing their experiences with UFOs flying off the Eastern seaboard from Virginia to Florida between 2014 and 2015.

One ten-year veteran, Lieutenant Ryan Graves, claimed that he saw UFOs almost daily, and that the objects could reach hypersonic speeds and heights of up to 30,000 feet without any visible engine or plumes of infrared exhaust. Graves, who reported his experience to the Pentagon and Congress, said, “These things would be out there all day,” and that, “with the speeds we observed, 12 hours in the air is 11 hours longer than we’d expect.”

In late 2014, a pilot of a Super Hornet reported a near-collision with a UFO when an object that looked like a “sphere encasing a cube” zipped between two fighter jets flying roughly 100 feet from each other. Another pilot, Lieutenant Danny Accoin, could identify a flying object’s presence on his radar, missile system, and infrared camera but was not able to actually see it in his helmet camera. “I knew I had it, I knew it was not a false hit,” Accoin said. But still, “I could not pick it up visually.”

As the Times reports, pilot sightings of UFOs have increased since “their 1980s-era radar was upgraded to a more advanced system. As one fighter jet after another got the new radar, pilots began picking up the objects, but ignoring what they thought were false radar tracks.”

What fascinated Lieutenant Graves about his interactions with the objects was their ability to stop rapidly, turn instantly, and immediately accelerate to hypersonic speed — maneuvers that would burden human pilots with unbearable G-forces. “Speed doesn’t kill you,” Graves said. “Stopping does. Or acceleration.”---- http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019...ing-ufos-on-an-almost-daily-basis-report.html

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Q-reeus likes this.
  11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Actually I'm quite taken with your avatar...An old sea dog? Navy? ex Navy?
    I actually helped to crew a three masted square rigged Barquentine from and through the Panama canal to Sydney over 4 months in 1974. Stops along the way included the Galapagos, Maquesas, Tuamoto Archipelago, Society Islands, Cook Islands, Tonga, Fiji, Lord Howe, and a force 9 gusting to force 10 gale/storm off the East Australian coast. My greatest achievment was becoming proficient at using a sextant. Anyway off topic and yes, great avatar!

sideshowbob likes this.
  12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No way!!!No way at all!!!

Total nonsense fabricated to help support your gullible view of UFO's and anything and everything supernatural and/or paranormal.

At best all we have are Unidentified Flying Objects, and any extrapolating that to little green men has already been shown to be wishful thinking at best.

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You can always tell how compelling your evidence is by the amount of effort skeptics put in to try to refute it.

14. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Obviously if you weren't plastering the forum with your fanatical and rather silly prognosis, the rational people here would have no need to correct your nonsensical woo woo claims.

15. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Magical Realist in his native habitat:

16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Actually I have never watched a single episode of "Ancient Aliens". It's way too New Agey to me and lacks the objectivity of true ufo investigators. UFOs are simply mysterious objects from the Beyond, and not necessarily aliens from other planets in any sense.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

UFO's are simply UFO's...you don't get to extrapolate that to nonsensical hairy fairy nonsense. Wait!!! yes you do, but rational people will only laugh at such gullibility.

18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

As I reiterated the other day, woo woo claims, UFO of alien origin claims, and conspiracy nonsense, go hand in glove....one compliments the other which compliments the other, which then leads to pseudoscientific crap

19. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Each of those stripes on his sleeve is for four years of service. I only did twenty.

20. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

If Donald Drumpf's comments on a space force...

Well, aliens, maybe, would take notice to humans militarizing space.

21. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Or turn us into a reality show that lasts one season.

22. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

You might enjoy the 4th Episode in Season 7 of "South Park" titled "Cancelled". : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0705900/

23. river

Which means you have not investigated this topic enough .

Alot of the information , the papers about UFO's is redacted . From the FOIA ( Freedom of information Act )

Why ?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019