UFOs (UAPs): Explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

“A purely psychological explanation is ruled out…the discs show signs of intelligent guidance, by quasi-human pilots…the authorities in possession of important information should not hesitate to enlighten the public as soon and as completely as possible.”

– Dr. Carl Justav Jung

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Carl_Jung
    "We know as little of a supreme being as of Matter. But there is as little doubt of the existence of a supreme being as of Matter. The world beyond is reality, and experiential fact. We only don't understand it".
    Dr. Carl Justav Jung

"The idea of an all-powerful divine Being is present everywhere, unconsciously if not consciously, because it is an archetype. There is in the psyche some superior power, and if it is not consciously a god, it is the "belly" at least, in St. Paul's words. I therefore consider it wiser to acknowledge the idea of God consciously, for, if we do not, something else is made God, usually something quite inappropiate and stupid such as only an "enlightened" intellect could hatch forth."
    Dr. Carl Justav Jung
    "I find that all my thoughts circle around God like the planets around the sun, and are as irresistibly attracted by Him. I would feel it to be the grossest sin if I were to oppose any resistance to this force."
    Dr. Carl Justav Jung
    "There is no question but that Hitler belongs in the category of the truly mystic medicine man. As somebody commented about him at the last Nürnberg party congress, since the time of Mohammed nothing like it has been seen in this world. His body does not suggest strength. The outstanding characteristic of his physiognomy is its dreamy look. I was especially struck by that when I saw pictures taken of him in the Czechoslovakian crisis; there was in his eyes the look of a seer. This markedly mystic characteristic of Hitler's is what makes him do things which seem to us illogical, inexplicable, and unreasonable. … So you see, Hitler is a medicine man, a spiritual vessel, a demi-deity or, even better, a myth".
    Dr. Carl Justav Jung

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

“It was the darndest thing I’ve ever seen. It was big, it was very bright, it changed colours, and it was about the size of the moon. We watched it for ten minutes, but none of us could figure out what it was. One thing’s for sure: I’ll never make fun of people who say they’ve seen unidentified flying objects in the sky.”
    Former President of the United States, Jimmy Carter following his sighting along with many others of a UFO at Leary, Georgia in October 1969.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You don't need to be a President MR, I have also seen a UFO! it remains unidentified to this day!

8. river

Indeed .

9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Thanks for confirming that UFOs are real.

10. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I think UFO's are real, but sightings don't always mean they're alien UFO's. I think it'd be equally interesting, if some of the UFO sightings point to secret government aircrafts that are being tested.

11. river

Why though ?

Why put it out there , in public , that you have the tech. ?

12. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

They have to test the tech.

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I don't buy the secret military craft interpretation of ufos. These things have been going on since the 1940's and you'd think if they were going to used in combat situations then we'd be seeing them by now. Nope, no signs of discs or oval shaped craft or 40 ft long tic tacs built by any govts. They're something else.

14. river

What has the public to do with the test ?

15. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

?
    The public witnesses the tests.

16. river

Witch proves what ?

17. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Not trying to prove anything.

Human military tech was posited as a source of UFO sightings.
    Military builds and tests aircraft; general public sees craft being tested.

18. river

Why though ?

19. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Why what?

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Of course they are real. I have never denied that.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unidentified_flying_object
    Unidentified flying object (UFO) is the popular term for any aerial phenomenon that cannot immediately be identified. Most UFOs are identified on investigation as conventional objects or phenomena. The term is widely used for claimed observations of extraterrestrialspacecraft.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The last sentence applies to gullible people of course.

Gawdzilla Sama likes this.
  21. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Except those who come from Middle Earth and known as Underground Flying Objects when underground which changes to Unidentified Flying Objects since we don't see them very often

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Undefinsible Foolish Observations.

23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

So, Jung was wrong about Hitler, and wrong about aliens visiting Earth. Next!

Interesting, though, that you think that having lots of people believe in something - or famous people believing something - makes it more likely to be true. Literally billions of people believe in gods of one kind or another, but you don't think gods exist. So why is your attitude so different regarding anecdotal evidence when it comes to little green men and ghosts?

Nobody has ever denied that people see things in the sky that they can't identify. Your problem is that you confuse UFOs with alien spaceships etc.

There are plenty of examples of military craft being mistaken for alien spaceships. For example, until the SR71 stealth spy plane was declassified, there were many sightings of it that were put down as alien craft by credulous believers just like you.

Weather balloons look like discs or ovals in sky. Maybe it's those.