UFOs (UAPs): Explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

"The evidence that there are objects which have been seen in our atmosphere, and even on terra firma, that cannot be accounted for either as man-made objects or as any physical force or effect known to our scientists, seems to me to be overwhelming... A very large number of sightings have been vouched for by persons whose credentials seem to me unimpeachable. It is striking that so many have been trained observers, such as police officers and airline or military pilots. Their observations have in many instances... been supported either by technical means such as radar or, even more convincingly, by... interference with electrical apparatus of one sort or another...."

-Lord Hill-Norton, Chief of Defense Staff, Ministry of Defense, Great Britain, 1973; Chairman, Military Committee of NATO, 1974-77; quoted from his foreword to ;Above Top Secret by Timothy Good, Morrow & Co's Quill Books, 1988.

https://www.ufocasebook.com/ufoquotes1.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. foghorn Valued Senior Member

Because MR tells lies.
    Here's MR speculating on that very thing of ''who operates ufos''.
    Take your pick wegs.
    Extraterrestrials, Interdimensionals, Time travelers, Paranormal beings and Conscious pilots

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Those quotes are all over 20 years old, many of them dating back to the 1950's. Of course, it doesn't matter in least the credentials of any of them, what's important is if they're sane or not. Clearly not.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Of UFOs of course. That's a category, not an identification. and it doesn't meant there's a thing - it means there's a report.

In the same vein, there are many reports of cryptids. Cryptids too is a category, not an ID.

This
    cryptid report - such as Yeti - says nothing about the veracity of that cryptid report - such as Nessie. The reporting of either doesn't make the other report more true - nor does it make either alleged critter more real.

So it goes with UFOs, many reports, lumped under the same category does not lend any credence to any of the reports in it, nor does it make UFOs any more likely to be something beyond mundane. Like Loch Ness and Yeti - each report must stand on its own merit.

The above is important for you to understand so that you stop making the logical error of assuming the conclusion in your premise. Because that's what you're doing. to-wit: "There are so many sightings of cryptids these days - and they sort have similarish properties if I'm selective enough - that I'm comfortable just saying they're all the same thing and that they're all real."

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  8. river

Some people have a hard time accepting the reality of UFO's , no matter where the evidence comes from and the quality of the evidence .

Why , who knows , but some us know the truth of their existence .

9. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

When asked to provide evidence, you went silent:

Even you know your books don't contain anything that would remotely stand up to scrutiny, or you'd be happy to provide it.
    You've got nothing.

10. river

When ?

11. river

I know that books give more detail on the observation(s) , written down observations .

Some books hold up to scrutiny no problem .

Have you read any books on UFO's Dave ? If so what books ? ​

12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

LOL! I've yet to hear of a category or a report that can be sighted like a ufo can. To be sighted means they are real physical things that people can see and describe. And when I go to the bookstore and look for the section on ufos I know ufos will be written about and depicted as real objects in the world with certain visible and typical characteristics. You can't handwave away ufos with your pretentious semantics. Everybody in our culture knows what a ufo is.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    river likes this.
  13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Reported for gratuitous bullying.

DaveC426913 likes this.
  14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Many people have a hard time dealing with the reality of a less-than-ideal world, where strange and unpredictable things can pop up at any time, and not everything can be neatly reduced to familiar and mundane explanations.

15. river

Agreed

Although many people and more all the time , understand the bigger picture .

The Universe is full of intelligent life . Therefore UFO's is no big deal .

16. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Everybody in our culture knows what Leprechauns, Yeti, unicorns and God are too.

So yeah, you're barkin' up the right tree with UFOs all right.

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Context context. Nobody claims a ufo is just a category or a report.

18. river

Yet the evidence of UFO's is from all walks of life .

That's what you chose to ignore Dave .

From the common people to those in authority , police , military and politics .

19. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

That's true. Nobody claims that - including me. So you seem kind of confused.

Still the point remains. "Everybody knows" what God is, so I guess your'e gonna have to admit he's fact then. Or acknowledge that "everybody knows" isn't a valid argument.

20. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

You've been asked multiple times for this "... more advanced living Beings than our selves in this Universe . Simple as that .
    And I prefer Written testimony . Details ."

yet you still do not produce.

You've got nothing.

21. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Everybody knows what the Sun is too. So what?

22. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

You used the word "just" - as in "just a category or report".
    I did not.

You are conflating reports that are not resolved and thus cannot be ascribed to the same cause.- like Loch Ness and Yeti. That is bad science.

23. river

That's what you chose to ignore Dave .

From the common people to those in authority , police , military and politics .