UFOs (UAPs): Explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2017.

1. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Not there isn't. Quite the opposite in fact.

Virtually exclusively, things that are mundane first seem to be extraordinary.

Unlike your naively-gotten legend, being unable to recognize mundane things right way is a well-known and well-documented aspect of human perception/cognition.

This is apocryphal - an urban legend.

It arose from Cook's 1770 expedition to Australia aboard the Endeavor. The ship's botanist noticed that the natives often did not react to the presence of a 106 foot shop sailing offshore.

"These people seemed to be totally engaged in what they were about: the ship passed within a quarter of a mile of them and yet they scarce lifted their eyes from their employment; I was almost inclined to think that attentive to their business and defeaned by the noise of the surf they neither saw nor heard her go past them."

At one we came to an anchor abreast of a small village consisting of about six or eight houses. Soon after this an old woman ... came out of the wood; ... She often looked at the ship but expressed neither surprise nor concern."

Don't take my word for it - feel free to read up on it yourself, but I can provide links of you prefer.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Sounds like the historical account you quoted confirms the legend. Tks for providing that,.

Now are you going to discuss the video link I provided or not?

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Hee hee. I see you are as dishonest in reading historical accounts as you are of UFO reports.

9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Right...it's called Alzheimer's disease.

10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

This demonstrates either profound ignorance or willful, trolling denial of well-established science.
    You complain that people criticize your contributions and don't take you seriously and yet you continue to say things like this. That's on you.

11. foghorn Valued Senior Member

12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Back to whining about me again. That didn't take long.

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You bring it all on yourself. You claim to want others to discuss the links you post, but when they do, you reject everything they say. The truth is you don't want discussion, you want everyone to agree with you and pat you on the back for a job well done.

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

The whining continues...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

If the truth be known MR, it is obvious you are an out and out fraud. That was shown with what at best could be described as ignorance and at worst a lie....

16. river

Since were on this " truth " path , pad , the truth is that you have no knowledge , ( have not read a book on the UFO topic at all , that is a truth ) , many haven't , and like I said before , tell me the book , if I don't have it I'll buy it ; and the we can discuss page by page .

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

That's how discussion works. I'm not your yes man to agree with everything you say. You make your claims, I make my claims, and we question each other regarding them. If that's too overwhelming for you, I suggest another forum. Perhaps recipe swapping.

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You're a yes man to ufo websites and agree with everything they say while rejecting any form of reason or logic from anyone here, so no, that's not how discussion works.

19. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You see, you make my point.

20. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

When ignorance is employed in a discussion, and that ignorance is called out, that is not whining. That is appropriate response.

Take some responsibility for your own irresponsible behaviour. Do not speak of things you know nothing about. This is a science board. Perception and cognition are well-established science.

Also, maybe grow up.

21. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Bells warned us about this petty shit. Quit whining or be ignored.

22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

When did I say I agree with everything a ufo website says. Quote it.

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You wouldn't know the truth river, if it hit you fair square in the face. I don't need to read Goldilocks and the three UFO's, errh I mean Bears, to know its a fairy tale.

I do have a copy of Cinderella though that might spike your gullibility some more?

Now for the brighter sparks reading this...[sorry river, I'll get back to you later] If of course there was anything concrete in any of river's and MR's fanciful accounts of Aliens/Time travellers etc, the science community as a whole would be right onto it. Most scientists accept that in this big wide wonderful universe we inhabit, with the stuff of life being everywhere we look, that indeed, we should not be alone. So sensibly and logically, they would jump at any concrete, extraordinary evidence for any life off this Earth. Sadly as yet, that has not eventuated.

When it does eventuate, [and some scientists are confident we may have it within a decade or so] It will be the greatest revelation in human history!!!

But this continuing flittering in and flittering out again, over many decades, without making that, or those visitations official, is beyond reasonability and logic.
    In the meantime [you can come back now river] the unsubstantiated, sometimes ridiculous claims for Aliens, are only popular and believable for the ranks of the gullible and impressionable.