UFOs (UAPs): Explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Kavik Kang Banned Banned

This is exactly the evidence that Phil Klass demanded for decades...

He would have had to admit "Step 1" with this... "N.O.S.E." would be over. Phil would have had no choice but to surrender the first step... these are physical objects in the sky.

These aren't pictures from farmers, or stories, these are radar locks and video from Navy F-18's. They are physical objects and they are there.

What are they?

The Teflon Believer

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kavik Kang Banned Banned

N.O.S.E. is a Phil thing... it stands for "Not One Shred of Evidence".

Now, Phil, there is "one shred of evidence" for UFOs... but still not for that Wacky Wall of yours...

M&M

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kavik Kang Banned Banned

ESM had two phrases he used a lot that were obviously "training phrases" that he had been using his entire life.

"Ya' Folla?" & "See how that works?"

So, for Deano & I, and UFO's & the Great Wall of China... "See how that works?"

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

9. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Genuine hovering/slow-moving UFOs never remain just hovering/slow-moving, sooner or later shooting off at typically hypersonic speed, yet never a sonic boom. I somehow doubt Goodyear blimp technology will ever makes such an awesome leap.

river likes this.
  10. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

The conditions here less than perfect but from today's NT News newspaper -

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And another view

‘Glowing’ UFO spotted from Darwin apartment

https://www.ntnews.com.au/news/nort...t/news-story/7c1784adbe5c68682246754cc9eee29b

The top photo looks like a well (overlit) house. The article says in the comments it might be a well lit trawler with the photographer not clear about the horizon

Got no idea about the other

Anyway anyone out there any ideas?

11. river

Notice the Energy Eminence is not Equal . The left photo is brighter than the right photo .

12. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

https://www.livescience.com/unidentified-aerial-phenomena-scientific-scrutiny.html
    How about that - UAP phenomena gathers scientific interest as legitimate topic for ramped up serious study. I wonder what one exalted member not seen for a while now, who regularly denigrates those taking the topic seriously as 'the UFO nuts', would make of this article. Science going to the dogs? I hope these UFO nut scientists keep barking loudly. Not that I expect any scientific study will ever explain what is actually behind UAPs (the unexplained core 5-10%).
    Truly understanding those critters will always be 'just out of reach' in my estimate.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Did you read the article you posted? Here are the relevant quotes:

"Kopparapu said he's wary of bringing the term "extraterrestrial" into the conversation. "That's because there is absolutely no concrete evidence that I know of that points to them as being extraterrestrial," he said.

"There's a fundamental problem that we have right now to scientifically study UAP," Kopparapu said. "We do not have proper data collection of this phenomena that can be shared among interested scientists to verify claims and filter out truly unexplainable events."

Also, the entire UAP topic has been much maligned by being associated with ET, Kopparapu added. This association prevents a thorough scientific investigation by the science community, he feels, essentially because of a taboo surrounding ET claims. "

"I think people immediately think about 'aliens' when they hear UFOs/UAPs, and I want scientists to not fall for that," Kopparapu said. "Be strictly agnostic and don't let preconceived ideas cloud judgments. Have an open mind. Consider this as a science problem. If it turns out these have mundane explanations, so be it."

Kopparapu and like-minded colleagues are proposing a completely unbiased, agnostic approach to study UAP, he said: "Let the data lead us to what they are
    ."

Notice that what I bolded above is the problem with "Alien" proponents here. So, while these guys want to gather more evidence in order to explain those phenomenon, they are always hindered by people who tend to go off the deep end.

paddoboy likes this.
  14. foghorn Valued Senior Member

Perhaps they need the help of the professionals:
    That's true, and here's the proof:

15. foghorn Valued Senior Member

They seem to want to start with a clean page.
    So, how long will it be before they come around to your idea of anthropomorphizing of UAP.
    You have already assigned '' mischievous'' '' inquisitive streak'' and ''closely monitor results'' to UPA.

And, will they also make the same link as you do: '''supernatural' phenomena such as hauntings, 'past lives experiences''.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Considering the numbers of UFO/UAP reported [in there hundreds, perhaps thousands?] along with the equally gullible claims of Aliens and anal probing on occasions, it's patently obvious some of them are "nuts"
    [/QUOTE]
    While not the most critically important scientific issue at hand, I welcome a scientific study into the few that remained unexplained.
    Truly understanding some of these UAP could be beyond the scope of the scientific method. Afterall, science cannot as yet predict when and where these UAP will raise their ugly heads.
    In other words some may remain as unexplained.

Personally I'm tired of the cry of UAP/UFO's from the "nuts" as described earlier, whenever some aerial phenomena presents itself. I have stated my case many times as to why I'm sure they are not Alien piloted, or Alien controlled robotic craft, over the last hundred or so years.
    Our atmosphere and the Sun and other astronomical bodies, can and do play many tricks on our eyes.

17. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

It’s a little unsettling though, that some of these “sightings” go unsolved. For example, that UFO that appeared to resemble a “tic tac,” spotted by that Navy pilot recently, was it human-made or alien technology of some kind?

If it’s human-made, why hasn’t any information surfaced to describe what it is, etc?

Our governments shouldn’t keep such secrets from us if they have nothing to hide, imo. This doesn’t mean we should leap to believing it’s an alien craft but the Navy pilot saw something, that wasn’t common to that air space. So...what was it?

18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

We don't know. Apparition? Illusion? Mirage? faulty RADAR? Trickery? Military secret?atmospheric phenomena? Aliens?

We don't know.

19. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Apparition or mirage? Lol Nooo. I think the government knows though and it feels immoral to keep such info from the general public, imo. I don’t believe many UFO claimants but this Navy pilot seemed legit.

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

They said that about Area 51. There are only certain things any government can really keep secret.
    Why not a mirage as a possibility? Like I said, the atmosphere can play many tricks on the human brain.
    And I'm certainly not at this time questioning the pilot...there have been many reputable pilots, military and commercial, that swear by what they have seen....something unknown. As have I many years ago.
    Like I often say wegs, these would need to be intelligent beings, and would surely recognise our own limited intelligence as worthwhile to make their supposed visitations official. I mean its certainly not comparable with humans and ants, or even humans and chimps...afterall, we have conquered heavier then air flight, and have already left our planetary cradle.

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Wegsy if you are not familiar with my stance re UFO/UAP, I firmly believe that there is other life in the universe, [ the stuff of life is everywhere we look, and the near infinite content and extent of the universe] somewhere, sometime, some of it possibly more intelligent then us, but as yet we do not have that extraordinary evidence to support that conjecture.
    My greatest wish is that confirmation of life elsewhere, off this Earth is confirmed before I kick the bucket!
    Some scientists believe we will have that within a decade. I hope they are correct!

22. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Of course. And your subsequent comments are perfectly in line with my own position. Or did you not read my post #111 here:
    http://www.sciforums.com/threads/ufo-friend-or-foe.163651/page-6#post-3652895

Actually, foghorn/sweetpea has as usual doggedly 'dug deep' into my past postings and for once accurately summarized my general position right here in #4272.
    My of late goto ref that combines all the seemingly disparate features in one article again: https://www.thinkanomalous.com/drx-ufo.html
    Which is why the current and any subsequent scientific studies no matter how well staffed and funded, will always amount to no more than stamp collecting. By definition of scientific method, they have to assume a material phenomena, but if it's not.....

23. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Here's another example of a sighting that would freak most people out, but turns out to be mundane.

(Spoiler: It's a smoke ring, rising from a blown transformer)