UFOs (UAPs): Explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Only making it worse for yourself. Evidently the best you can come up with - your second quote in #4440 - only proves the truth of the first one. Best if you just stop posting here. It will be less embarrassing.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Dream on matey!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

you aint fooling anyone, really!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Our gullible and angry friend, is trying to dispute the differences between......

Spend hours trawling but you will fail to quote me advocating either higher dimensions or Aliens

and....

" but am convinced a higher power or powers exists natively in some other realm of existence i.e. outside of our spacetime continuum."

A little song comes to mind that was popular when I was a Tin Lid......

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Thanks

But you must admit he is telling you not just 1 story but lots

8. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

The fool just makes himself look more and more foolish. Is it really not clear to you that
    Higher power ≠ aliens
    Other realm of existence ≠ higher dimensions.
    It's disgraceful that you are allowed to go on and on and on repeating lies and misinfo in general without any checks and balances applied. What a wasteland for you to thrive in is SF.

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Other realm of existence [1] = not from this Earth = alien.
    Higher power = not subject to the laws of science as we know them [2] = higher dimensions (okay, or lower). Additionally, this "higher power" is also not (demonstrably) native to Earth then = alien.
    Makes himself look more and more foolish? Riiight.
    1 For which there is zero evidence.
    2 Presumably, since "higher power" is a somewhat nebulous term and ill-defined.

10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Hm. That sounds like an interesting topic for discussion.

The reasons I keep suggesting that this be broken out into its own thread are:
    1. It's off-topic in a discussion about space aliens.
    2. It would be great to discuss the various flavours of non-human visitation theories on their own merits, rather than as a hair-splitting argument in a thread about aliens.
    3. It would be great if Q-reeus were unburdened with the consuming complaint that nobody will listen to him and instead concentrated his arguments on making his case.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    paddoboy likes this.
  11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

But I think he is doing it all with a straight face!!! Amazing!!!

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I was going to give you a like Dywyddyr, but that would just set him off on more unfounded, vengeful angry allegations, requiring a good lay down and a disprin!

13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

“If you’ve never seen a UFO, you’re not very observant. And if you’ve seen as many as I have, you won’t believe in them.”
    Arthur C. Clarke

14. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

http://www.ianridpath.com/ufo/astroufo2.htm
    "Even people familiar with normal meteors can be fooled by unusually bright fireballs. Here is an example quoted by Philip Klass in his book UFOs Explained (Random House, 1974). Pilots aboard a commercial jet flying at 39,000 ft over the United States in 1969 were reportedly buzzed in daylight at a distance of 300 ft by a formation of four objects emitting a blue-green flame. A military jet flying some miles behind the airliner reported a squadron of UFOs approaching that suddenly started to climb as if to avoid a collision.
    At the same time as this UFO “encounter”, a brilliant daylight fireball broke up into several flaming pieces over the United States, and there seems little doubt that this is what the pilots saw, despite the fact that it was actually over 100 miles away from, them. So even experienced pilots can make major errors of identification and distance. That doesn’t make them bad airmen, simply human. The encounter near Manchester reported at the start of this article seems to have been a more modest example of the same thing. For an example of how a brilliant fireball and bright stars featured in a multi-witness sighting involving the US Air Force, see my investigation of the celebrated Rendlesham Forest UFO case. Faced with incidents such as this and the Belgian Air Force case, both still declared unexplained by some UFOlogists, one wonders how far it is possible to credit any UFO report".

If real alien spacecraft were whizzing around in orbit they would rapidly be noticed both by amateur satellite spotters and by defence radars.
    """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Such is Life:
    Ned Kelly:

15. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Coming in to bat for paddoboy? How foolish. Your 'equality' "Other realm of existence [1] = not from this Earth" directly implies a patch remote from Earth. I have written elsewhere here that the other realm would encompass our own spacetime continuum as being a subset of that other realm. But not simply a higher dimension as per brane world theories etc. It's been proven that in spatial dimensions higher than 3, ordinary atomic matter is inherently unstable so physical entities could not reside in such a 'higher dimension'. Similarly for lower dimensions. Smarten up.
    Regarding the final mistaken 'equality' above; "not from this Earth = alien,"alien in the context of this thread means just one thing; 'space alien' = physical typically humanoid native inhabitant of a distant planet. Hugely unlikely space aliens are responsible for reliably observed poltergeist activity, hauntings, true mystery lights, etc.
    Dywyddyr's very own BS 'physics' on display. Please point to a reputable article backing up your absurd 'equality/identity'. Also, see above re issue with higher dimensions.
    See first point above. Further, I have made it abundantly clear in many posts in various threads the higher power(s) is/are not material as we understand the term. Thus NOT alien as in space alien.
    Only if that is you talking to yourself.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Ahhh, you'll try anything q-reeus, including dishonesty. Of course he's batting for me, as most others would be, because I'm essentially correct.

It just doesn't fit in with your gullible beliefs.
    As opposed to your own unsupported conspiracy nonsense you mean?

So far we have me snuggling up to [wait for it!] James in an earlier post, now Dywyddyr snuggling up to me!

I'm sure though river when he pokes his head in will give you a like.

Something to look forward to q-reeus...or perhaps one other unmentionable weirdo?

17. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Repeated from #4433: https://www.newsweek.com/ufo-sighti...tac-pentagon-navy-unidentified-aerial-1412272

18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

19. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

20. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Let's see. I have a choice between unequivocal official statements coming from US navy and Pentagon spokespersons and an ex-senator with access to high level intelligence reports, or a conceited know-it-all with zero connections to such. A no brainer.

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

https://phys.org/news/2020-12-im-astronomer-aliens-therebut-ufo.html
    "If you believe in UFOs, you might look at what other unconventional beliefs you have."

Very very pertinent and worthy of critique and mentioning, in any debate on any particular way out claim, by any individual.
    That along with the first undeniably accurate summation from the OP thus.............................
    "If intelligent aliens visit the Earth, it would be one of the most profound events in human history".

22. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Conceited???That's a big pot calling a Kettle Black q-reeus!! and a big mirror you are standing in front of!!

All that has been claimed is Unidentifiable, unknown phenomena q-reeus. You know this! [I think]

I'm pretty sure no one has claimed any Aliens q-reeus, or even any conflated variation that you have invented, including higher dimensional beings, beings from another spacetime etc etc etc etc

You again appear to be scraping the bottom of the barrel q-reeus.

Sorry matey as yet no conclusive evidence to point to any extra terrestrial/inter dimensional/ ghosty creepy Aliens of any sort or description. Come back next week and we'll see what's new.

23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Nope.
    Batting against stupidity.
    But can't be located on this Earth.
    Physical entities such as we know them.
    Regardless, alien = alien.
    Maybe perhaps you could try being specific.