UFOs (UAPs): Explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

According to the Fox News clip which I linked to earlier

the pyramid shaped object(s) hovered around 700 feet above the destroyer at one stage and also performed extraordinary maneuvers. Indicating being visually observed and likely by multiple personnel.
    The reported hovering + extraordinary maneuvers doesn't correspond to either conventional aircraft or helicopters and store-bought drones would have no where near the range to be there.
    I notice some respondents to Mick West's article speculated this might be a deliberate hoax by the Navy, intended to be debunked as part of a discrediting op ahead of the June disclosure event. Maybe.
    The above Fox News report also showed shots of a 'trans-medium UAP' going from air to ocean. One among many such reports, including the recent sighting of a triangular craft shooting up from the ocean and photographed by an FA-18 pilot. Described as an 'extremely clear' photo.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. foghorn Valued Senior Member

DaveC426913 likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

True...... CNN and Fox are both all about making money......
    and those of us who want the truth about UFO activity and the evidence for alien life cannot at this time yet compete with those who have huge monetary incentive to keep the truth hidden..... for many reasons that do make sense.
    1. they do not want people to panic
    2. they do not want to see another massive correction in the stock markets such as happened in 2008 and evidence that the internal combustion engine is obsolete would hurt the markets
    3. pressure would come on the USA government to release at least some of the probable technology that they may have gotten from reverse engineering crashed UFO's
    4. the owners of BigMedia are even scared of the evidence for giant humans living at the same time that most other animals were much larger so there are articles on the Smithsonian destroying skeletons of giants that reminded the owners of some statements in Genesis

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

If you want to talk about UFO Conspiracies, you should start a new thread in the Conspiracy Theories Forum.
    This thread is intended to talk about evidence that we do know about.

Dennis Tate likes this.
  8. Dennis Tate Valued Senior Member

Thank you for that suggestion... I will look for the Conspiracy Theories forum and I will do just that!

9. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Anyone thinking there might be intelliegent small bugs on Mars looking up at Ingenuity and asking
    What the hell is that?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Mars has a UFO courtesy of Earth

10. river

Highlighted

No

11. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Thanks river, for that sobering, level-headed verdict. We will all sleep better now.

river likes this.
  12. phyti Registered Senior Member

The frequency of ufo sightings has declined significantly since the 60s. My guess is they can't find a safe parking spot for the mothership with the cloud of junk surrounding the earth.

wegs and sideshowbob like this.
  13. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

14. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

15. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Why bummer?

Anyone after the truth then should be as interested in eliminating false positives as the rest of us.

Only those interested in keeping a fog of mystery over the issue would see the elimination of a false positive as a bad thing.

foghorn likes this.
  16. river

Agreed Dave .

17. river

About maneuvers . Whether , life form and /or robotic controlled . The Materials of what the craft is made , has to hold up . And UFO craft material does .

18. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

It is not granted that any of these Unidentified Aerial Phenomena are actually pushing the bounds of high-speed maneuvers. That is one interpretation, but it's one that requires a whole bunch of other unprecedented factors - such as withstanding g-forces and strong materials, and alien pilots.

On the other hand, a much more plausible interpretation of such apparent maneuvers is that they are a misinterpretation of the optics (such as camera tilts or multiple objects interpreted as one). This explanation has several very strong things going for it: it doesn't require the invention of unknown physics, and it is consistent with known flaws in human perception and interpretation.

An attempt to divine the nature of the materials of a such a hypothetical craft is therefore quite premature.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  19. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I would have thought the clouds of junk would have been helpful for the mothership to hide behind

20. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

By the way, why does everybody keep talking about these amazing g-forces that no human could tolerate?

Even if we were to pretend that these were alien craft, why would be assume they have to be piloted? What - they have the tech to travel light years to get here - but we've got them totally beat in the 'unmanned drone' department?

I'll tell you why this doesn't get much attention from UFOlogists: because their mindsets are still stuck in 50s and 60s, when drones were unheard of. They are guilty of dogmatism, not wanting to update their ideas and risk distancing themselves from the Golden Age of UFOs.

21. river

I don't believe Dave that what you said here , you actually think is true .

22. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

You flatter me, but I can't take credit.

It is widely (granted, not universally) acknowledged that the nature of UAPs has not been validated as extra-terrestrial in nature. So I'm in pretty damned good company.

23. river

These observations of these craft has been going on for hundreds of yrs and more . For Native Americans , its been going on for hundreds , if not thousands of yrs . Its no big deal .