UFOs (UAPs): Explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Have eyewitness accounts and photos convinced anyone of the reality of ufos? I'm sure they have. I know I have been convinced by them.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

We all know there are unidentified things. Have these anecdotes and blurry footage ever convinced anyone that these unidentified things are actually flying saucers, who didn't already believe in flying saucers?

Has anyone ever changed their mind from NOT believing, TO believing, who didn't already? That will tell you how good your so-called "evidence" is.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Who knows troll. Answer your own questions. You have a search engine. Why wouldn't thousands of accounts and photos of the same phenomenon be convincing evidence of its existence?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

You're the one trying to convince people. Now I see that you have so little faith in your position, you can't even be bothered to provide examples of your evidence being extraordinary enough to convince non-believers.

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Imagine that. The trolling skeptic has come up with another excuse for not believing in ufos. Like he really needed it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

The scurrilous tactic of claiming we're "out to get them" is simply a childish admission of ineffectual thinking.

10. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

The problem comes when people demand to have equal time for their fantasies.

11. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

It's been explained to you dozens of times why extraordinary claims require EXTRAORDINARY evidence, and why your evidence is sorely lacking. But sure, stomp your feet and say we're making up excuses not to believe. That'll convince us flying saucers are real.

The only one trolling here, is you!

You're like Jan talking about how atheists just don't want to believe in God even though he's, like, totally real.

12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Same link I gave you last time:

http://www.ufoevidence.org/

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

We and us? lol! You can't even own your own beliefs. Get back with me when you honestly want to pursue this subject troll. But I know THAT ain't gonna happen.

14. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Any scientist - in fact, any rational person - would absoltely LOVE for aliens to be real.

It would open up whole new areas of study to build careers on! Astronautics, xenobiology, biochemisty, metallurgy, and that's just the hard sciences. Then there's Philosophy, cultural studies... so not only the evolutionary history of the alien's species, but their cultural history will be studied for centuries to come. In fact, all of their recorded history will make the careers of innumerable Human historians and anthropologists for the rest of time.

All you do is pathetically whine about nay-sayers who don't want to believe so they stick their fingers in their ears going "la-la-la I can't hear you" when it comes to flying saucers.

Your stupid attitude to aliens, sorry, "interdimensionals" (have to avoid saying the "A" word so you can claim that "you've never said it" when called out on it!) is exactly the same as Jan's approach when talking about atheists and God.

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Sure sign of trolling...when they repeat the same statements they made in previous posts. Are you that hard up for things to say on this topic?

16. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

And you desperately try to ignore and avoid the points raised against you.

Another Jan tactic.

Go you, you fundie troll.

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I ignore anything I want. Especially trolls.

18. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Everybody's a troll but this clown.

19. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Thank you Magical Realist for taking the time to post that link more so given you posted it for me some time ago.

What I was hoping for was something compelling that shows that a particular ufo was found to be a craft from another planet.

I dont watch the news so I may have missed it but I expect it must have been head line news that ran for days.
    Alex

20. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Why does it have to be extraterrestrial? Why isn't the eyewitnessing of these things thousands of times with thousands of photos not enough to show the existence of some sort of craft beyond anything we have invented?

21. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I thought the general explanation from the ufo folk was they were from elsewhere.
    I am not concerned really but that was my impression.

What do you think?

You say you have being looking into ufos for some time what is your best idea as to what these things may be? Weather ballons maybe, secret military gear or someone hoaxing?

As to your question why the thousands of accounts are in effect little help to me I can only say that I personally think not all will be reliable, for many different reasons, so I ask you as someone who has looked at many photos and it is my expectation you may have your favorites and perhaps excluded many, that for whatever reason, you think are not worthy.

I think picking one or two that are recent that may have the best critic or skeptic scratching their heads, hopefully something that really has one thinking .."now this is strange, all the other reports are questionable but this one is something else".

I told you about a mate who was convinced, now he is the only eye witness so far that I could question, and if he had something physical or if he had taken a photo, even a bad photo, that would get me half way there.
    Not all eye witnesses are reliable which I know you find hard to accept but some are liars, some pranksters, some delluded and many honestly mistaken.

I thought we could get somewhere if we selected just one event and go through it and see if it stands or falls.

Your best example would be the place to start.

Alex

22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Sorry, I've already done that with you and nothing came of it. Nothing will ever convince a deliberate skeptic.

23. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

You could be right.
    But lets face it the prospect of say us being visited by aliens is pretty difficult to swallow.
    My immediate question is where do they come from and when you consider the next star is approx 6 light years distant and travel at even at a small percentage of light speed problematic the prospect certainly is difficult to imagine.
    Anyways its a pity you feel that I am a lost cause because although you think otherwise I would certainly look most carefully at all your evidence and only then would I dismiss it.
    I will leave you to work with others who are even more skeptical than me.
    Alex

Magical Realist likes this.