UFOs (UAPs): Explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2017.

1. river

150mph is extremely slow .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

For a satellite, sure, but for a quad-drone? Please stop talking shit, river. The official world record is/was c.180mph. So if 150 is "extremely slow" you're going to have to stump up more than just your say-so to show it is not just another of your vacuous comments.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. foghorn Valued Senior Member

That's a great video.
    What is needed is something moving at normal speed in the background whilst the drone is buzzing fast.
    This clip has traffic moving in the background behind the 'pilot'. 1:00 1:05 is sort of a good point.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. foghorn Valued Senior Member

No doubt showing there.

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

More eyewitnesses come forward about the 2004 USS Reagan uap sightings, reporting a huge flaming ball of light over the ship at night. I wonder what bullshit explanation Mick West will come up with for this..the planet Venus?

https://www.the-sun.com/news/5385720/us-warship-pentagon-ufo-ball-of-light/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1653064042-1sunusnewsfacebook

"And he put The Sun Online in touch with Derek Smith, a former Boatswain’s Mate Seaman, who was working on the aircraft carrier on the night in question and also saw the UFO.

He is one of eight former US Navy crew who have confirmed they either saw the object or heard about the encounter the following day.

Mr Smith, 42, said he remembers the incident "as if it occured yesterday" and added it was by the far the "most mysterious" thing he has ever seen.

He said he would have thought he was "crazy" if not for all the other witnesses on the flight deck looking up and pointing at the ball of fire hovering near the Reagan.

"I [can] still visualize this object in my head to a tee regardless of 18 years having passed," Derek told The Sun Online.

The sailor was on starboard forward watch at the time, meaning he was stationed on the massive aircraft carrier's central island and looking forward out over the flight deck.

And so he was in a prime position to witness the encounter with what crew aboard the carrier have dubbed "the blob" or "the thing".

It is alleged that crewmen aboard the vessel were told to not record the encounter in the ship's log, with one being told by one senior officer to "rip that sh*t out" according to another witness.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  9. foghorn Valued Senior Member

My bold above.
    Magical Realist below doing his best, '' I will do my best to include extensive commentary/analysis with any videos, articles, and links I post.''

10. foghorn Valued Senior Member

The usual level of 'discussion' being set by Her Majesty the Drama Queen Magical Realist.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
  11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

UAPs witnessed by a US Army helicopter pilot in Arizona performing impossible maneuvers:

“Are those three really fast flying jets up there?” one pilot says over the radio.

“Probably some A-10s or some F-16s,” another responds.

As they move, the three points of light appear to dance around each other in ways that would seem to defy known physics for a mechanical aircraft.

“The circle-dance maneuver is just not possible,” Former U.S. Air Force F-16 fighter pilot Chris Lehto told The DeBrief. “They do a full 360-degree turn in less than 3 seconds!”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericma...opter-has-just-been-released/?sh=344a3ecc226f

Note: Mick West tweets that it's just some birds. Ofcourse it is Mick...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: May 29, 2022
  12. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

You know for sure that it isn't??

Edit: honestly looks like birds to me. But to a UFO-believer I guess everything looks like a UFO until proven otherwise, right?
    As a comment on the YouTube vid linked by Mick West says: to an Apache gunner, everything looks like a target!

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Birds at the distance those would have to be to be white dots don't move as fast as those objects do. The pilot asked if there were "any really fast moving jets up there". A bird comes nowhere close to matching those speeds.

14. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

So what distance were they at? You can tell from the video what distance they actually are? Or are you relying solely on what was said for that?

Assume for a moment, if you can, that the one asking if there were any jets up there misinterpreted their distance... would you then believe that they were nothing but birds?

If yes, which do you honestly think is more probable: a misinterpretation of distance, or some alien/extraterrestrial object?
    If not, why not?

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

If it were birds, to be white dots like the ones we see they would have to be maybe a quarter to a third of a mile away, depending on their size. But like I said, the speed doesn't match that of birds at all. So yeah, I go with the uap interpretation. Any more questions?

16. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Go the whole hog

Alien avians

Magical Realist likes this.
  17. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

And how fast is that?

Did you account for the faster than 1:1 playback speed? Or do you just take it on faith that the audio and video weren't put together in post?

18. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

What evidence do you have that it is faster than 1:1 playback speed? Or is that just a cop out to allow for the objects to be slow flying birds per your "expert" Mick West? As I recall, he's the one that claimed that the 40 ft long tic tac witnessed by pilot Commander Fravor and others was just birds too. lol

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  19. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

There's that nervous tic of yours again. At some level, you know that West has a point that you are utterly unable to refute. So, you're reduced to nervous tittering.

20. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Yeah, you're right. No need to do even the most basic of checks. Just go straight for 'UFO'.

Google logo?
    'UFO'.
    Blinking light?
    'UFO'.

21. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

According to who? Where's the analysis that concludes that? Where has it been shown that they would need to be that distance away?
    Where's the analysis of the speed? How have you concluded what the speed of the object is? Or how far away?

Someone added some stabilisation to the video to keep the objects mostly central, and, guess what: you can see what looks suspiciously like flapping of wings.
    https://twitter.com/dave_beaty/status/1530308598743584770
    Birds, or maybe bats.

But UFOers will believe any terrible quality video and some half-assed quick chat rather than rational thought or analysis, as long as it fits their agenda and preconceptions.

foghorn likes this.
  22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You read way too much into a mere acronym. I'm just laughing out loud. Nothing nervous about it.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I'm just giving my own analysis based on my own experience with seeing birds flying at a distance. The speed doesn't match. They are moving way too fast to be birds at that distance.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022