UFOs (UAPs): Explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

• Magical Realist has been warned (again) not to cut-and-paste anecdotes of UFOs, ghosts and the like without commentary or analysis..
    More compelling evidence of ufos. But a rather strange reaction in retrospect:

"In the interview del Toro briefly explains to Cameron how he was 15 or 16 years old when he was in the company of a friend all alone on a deserted highway, carrying a six-pack of beers –“which we didn’t consume!” he quickly points out– and looking at the stars. Then the two teens noticed a small, bright light moving across the night sky in a non-linear fashion, zipping away from one spot to the other very rapidly.

(Mind you, this probably happened around 1980 or ’81, waaaay before the Mexican UFO flap that started in 1991, when Jaime Maussan was making regular appearances on national television showing the latest grainy video recorded by an amateur UFO hunter)

Guillermo and his friend decided to honk the car horn to see if the zig-zagging object would react. And react it did! The faraway UFO breached the distance between its location and theirs in a matter of seconds, and that’s when they observed it looked like a structured craft with the stereotypical shape of a flying saucer.

That an incredibly talented artist like Guillermo has had paranormal experiences doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. In my personal essay for UFOs: Reframing the Debate I tried to make the argument that artists and creative individuals seem to be more open to the kind of things most of society tend to frown upon –much more with del Toro, whose life-long love for monsters marked him as an outcast from the beginning– and also perhaps better equipped to engage with these mysteries than if you try to understand them from a strictly ‘left-brain’ approach.

But what fascinates me the most about this is the way del Toro interprets the experience, after so many years: he was disappointed at how ‘badly designed’ and clichéd the saucer looked like –complete with blinking lights that went all around its rim!– His aesthetic criticism didn’t prevent him from experiencing the ‘artificial fear’ often reported by close encounter witnesses though, and in a state of utter panic he and his companion decided the time wasn’t right to play “Human Eye for the Alien Guy” and fled the scene at full speed. The kitschy Disco-like disk kept pace of their vehicle, until eventually they lost sight of it..."---- https://www.dailygrail.com/2018/05/ufos-...ypothesis/

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

"compelling evidence" :chortle:

Seventy plus years, no evidence.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

Really, didn't you read the part where MR explained what HE thought was ''compelling'' about his cut & paste ''just say so'' clip?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Saying "compelling" and meaning "silly" is a conspiracy theorist's style, true.

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

UFOs are a real and abundantly evidenced phenomena. Unfortunately, they remain one of the most mysterious---too mysterious even for science.

Francis Ridge
    , UFO researcher, site coordinator, NICAP (National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena)

“The following is what makes UFOlogy worth pursuing and is not intended for the close-minded. We already have:

1) Millions of sightings worldwide and a hundred-thousand-plus sightings are on computer (UFOCAT).

2) 3,000-plus sightings from aircraft (Dr. Richard Haines).

3) 489 radar cases, many radar/visual (Dominique Weinstein); 363 radar cases, 76 as R/V (USAF records alone).

4) 5600 trace cases documented, 4104 involving UFO visual sightings (CUFOS).

5) Over 500 cases of E-M effects associated with UFO sightings (CUFOS) and 185 E-M cases documented involving UFOs near aircraft (Dr. Richard Haines).

6) Hundreds, if not thousands, of excellent close encounters by credible obswervers whose testimony in court would be taken at face value.

7) About 4,000 (701 originally) UNKNOWNS listed in Project Blue Book files.”

http://www.ufoevidence.org/NewSite/Papers/UFOQuotes.htm

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  9. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

And nothing in that heap meets the standards of evidence other disciplines are subject to. So still no evidence after seventy years.

10. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Yes I agree

Gullibility is truely a mysterious force and should be studied in depth along with all the varieties of snake oil sold

UFO - Big Foot - Alien visitation - Ghosts etc etc etc

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

Ive had threads about flat earth and humans-are-more-alien....
    Ive said most of what I had to say.. not all.
    But im a Biblical Type but, i dont really fall for flat earth and we are aliens and the aliens visit and intelligent human like life is out there. But! I could believe as Indians said the earth has been destroyed 4 times before, or more. And even if evidence supports we could have started on Mars and traveled here and some apocalyptic thing happened and we forgotten some foundation from Mars, could be the Vimana was some mars people on a last trasport.

12. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

UFO.. new test plane, government denial.
    Lil beings? Uh i guess its robotic test vehicles. Say you land a new plane in a Bio threat or foreign world. Instead of breaking airlock you send out the robot or AI droids.
    It could also be "astronauts" in special trial suits at night, light plays tricks and its difficult to judge size.
    Area 51 is a experimental airfield. They try experimental aircraft of all types hence the ufo sightings. .

13. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Area 51 may have been a very successful diversion of attention. We'll know "for sure" in about 75 years.

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

15. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

"It was aliens."

16. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You don't discuss. You just mock and nitpick over words.

18. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Suggest don't use words / examples able to pick nits from

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

You duck and weave and dodge. Don't complain with the bar isn't raised by other people when you're not willing to lend a hand.

20. river

It was

21. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Don't tell me how to post. I've been doing it here way longer than you have. And you never discuss either. You just drop snarky often vulgar one-liners like any other boring troll.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  22. river

MR ,

gs is a troll indeed .

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    R1D2 likes this.
  23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

R1D2 likes this.