UFOs (UAPs): Explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2017.

1. river

Did you not go to the link , read the article , James ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

• Magical Realist has been warned (again) not to cut-and-paste anecdotes of UFOs, ghosts and the like without commentary or analysis.
    James can't read articles on his own any more. He has to threaten me alone with infractions to make me explain them to him, which I will never do. I don't kiss ass or comply with his made up rules. The articles I choose always explain themselves.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I find it compelling that mention is made of - carrying a six-pack of beers –“which we didn’t consume"

DOH - self evident - you were carrying them

More strange details on previous released UFO details
    OR
    new strange details on UFO sightings not previously released

I, Michael345, solemnly, do hereby state I will not mock the efforts of those who wish to post compelling evidence on the existence of UFOs (dead easy because at least some UFOs exist - but some UFOs are misnamed)
    Further I will not nit pick over words which have no nits worthy of not picking over

I will examine the evidence such as it is presented and give my assessment as to its compellability

Let all with compelling evidence step forward

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

No. Why should I spend any time on it, when Magical Realist didn't make any effort?

If there is any relevance to the article, Magical Realist should have put that in his post. A summary of the most relevant points would be good, for starters.

A brief glance reveals that the link is to a very short article that merely links to a mentioned report somewhere else. How far am I supposed to chase through the web trying to work out how this might be relevant to the current thread? Am I supposed to guess what Magical Realist's point was, if he even had one?

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You can start with the 15 odd compelling accounts of ufos I have posted and posted about in this thread already.

9. river

There is no effort at all except a , click .

I know I've been at the link .

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Moderator note: Magical Realist has been warned once again that he is required to do more than merely spam links to articles when posting to sciforums. Due to accumulated warning points, he is now banned for 3 days.

11. river

James , James , James .... how Mature of you .

What is is the problem ?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Magical Realist likes this.
  12. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

I'm not telling you how to post, I'm describing how you post.

13. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

For when you return

I'm sure i have seen some of them

I surely have seen the green helicopter one, and still waiting on a response

Please
    • pick a NEW example out of many many thousands available
    • explain - in your own words - why this one is compelling
    • a compelling what?
    • and not mudane
    I have always said UFOs exist, that is those items spotted IN THE SKY for which no explanation is available

So where is the debate? unless claims are made (or a explanation given) as to what they are

I should add EVIDENCE would be required to back up explanations

14. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I believe that the problem is that MR is just posting links with no comment. That was pretty clearly stated.

15. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

This be one them there dis cussing for rums. I all for rum.

16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

No...I've posted enough evidence in this thread to support the existence of ufos. If you want to refute my claim that ufos are real, you'll have to provide your own evidence or arguments why they don't exist. I won't hold my breath though..

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

James R notified me that I was banned for three days for "inappropriate language," Here's the post he is referring to:

"James can't read articles on his own any more. He has to threaten me alone with infractions to make me explain them to him, which I will never do. I don't kiss ass or comply with his made up rules. The articles I choose always explain themselves."

I guess saying "kiss ass" now is a bannable offense. lol! At this point it's obvious James is just making up excuses to keep me from posting compelling evidence. I guess I should take it as flattery that I'm making my case very well here. Strange that the mere existence of ufos should cause such emotional overreactions in supposedly intelligent people. They're just flying saucers. Geeze! What's the big deal?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  18. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I don't think anyone doubts the existence of UFOs

I don't. You are hardly the only person giving out information about UFOs

Problem - no evidence exists to identify UFOs as anything else but UFOs

Speculation by the bucket loads, along with crapola by the truck load as to some exotic explanation

Not even a grain sized piece of evidence

19. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The problem was clearly explained in my moderator note immediately above your post. Go and read it. If you're interested, you could look back over the many previous warnings that Magical Realist has received for the same behaviour, where I have carefully explained exactly what the "problem" is in regards to said behaviour.

What's your problem?

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Magical Realist:

Great! Then you can stop now. Right?

No. The onus of positive proof is on the person making the positive claim, typically.

The "inappropriate language" thing was a mistake on my part - I clicked the wrong button in the moderator interface when I assigned the warning. It should have been "inapproriate behaviour". The warning had nothing to do with your use of language.

This is what I asked you in the thread:
    Your response was to insult me and to refuse (once again) to do any more than cut and paste an article from the internet.

You know the score here. I don't need to explain to you again what you need to change about your modus operandi on this forum. I've been very clear about that.

I have come to expect your insults, and most of the time those are really beside the point. I usually just ignore them and concentrate on the bigger issue.

21. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Soooo they are NOT UFOs????

When did this breakthrough occur?

Are they busy with the white out on the blue book? Hundreds of workers whiting out UFO - typing in flying saucers

22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Except I didn't copy and paste an article this time. I merely provided a link. Are we not supposed to post links too now?

23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You're the problem.

James is forcing me to post thoughts about an article or video that I don't have for that article or video. Questions and suspicions only he has like the credentials of the author and his sources and other details that are of only his concern. I'm not going to do that. I have no problem with the articles and videos I post here and refuse to play skeptic when clearly I'm not skeptical about the article. If that accrues me more infractions so be it. I'm the pro here for this topic, not the con. I'm not about to post some pretentious analysis of my articles just to please a moderator too lazy to do his own research and to satisfy his own questions about it.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018