Incorporating hinduism into christianity

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Corp.Hudson, Jan 20, 2000.

1. Corp.Hudson Registered Senior Member

A mistake most christians make is in believing that God revealed himself to the jews, and only the jews. What kind of god would pick the jews to be saved, and no one else? Certainly not the god portrayed in the new testament.

Hinduism is actually much more related to christianity then most people percieve. They are also monotheistic, with many of the same moral messages.

Why is it that these two religions must be mutually exclusive (not a rhetorical question)?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I think it boils down to money. Hindus don't tithe anything to the Christian church, therfore they aren't valuable. There is also the factor of xenophobia which started out as a practical way to make sure your tribe didn't get wiped out, but has now, sadly, become tradition (as well as a nifty way to justify wars). "They don't worship like we do! They must be evil!" This, I believe has kept pretty much all religions from getting along.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

------------------
    I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight, kill, and die for your right to say it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Corp.Hudson Registered Senior Member

Lets not decieve ourselves though...hindus are just as xenophobic as christians.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. YoSoyme Registered Member

Many people ask themselves questions about the difference between religions.
    Of course there is some difference in the way they do their prayers and socialize, but if you look deep inside the meaning and reason, for religions to exists, you find GOD.

Or if you prefer, religions beleive in a force, supreme being or GOD.

And as a matter of fact, we all live on the same planet, and in the same universe. If there is other lifes on other planets, they probably worship a God, why?
    Because they exist, therefore have a force in themselves, which gives them life.

There must be an intelligent form that is capable of giving us this vital power.And if GOD created humans at his own image. He gave us a force similar to his. Aren't we capable to image GOD then?

So many of us beleive that GOD made us, if you beleive, you have faith. And faith is what makes us listen to the messages that our religions have to give us.
    If the common group for religions is GOD,
    maybe we should try to understand what GOD's messages all have in common. "LOVE"

If all religions in the past would have lived by this wonderfull thing which makes us feel better, LOVE, there would not have been all these wars, because all human kind
    would feel love towards others.

Maybe its time that all beings which have a religion get there act together and try to listen to the most important message for our soul and spirit. "LOVE".
    If you love all, love is all you receive. Then you live a happy life. Isn't what we would all want in this life?

Don't all of us faithful hope that there exists heaven.

If your happy, should feel like heaven. So why not try to be happy, and feel like your in heaven.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE thats what GOD is all about.
    So shouldn't we try to live our lifes more GODLIKE by LOVING all.

And in that way be with GOD in heaven.

8. truestory Registered Senior Member

Hello Corp Hudson,

Yes, Hinduism is similar to Christianity in many respects as are other religions.

What is so different about the Christian message in a crowded world of religions? Why will Christians sacrifice years, comfort, and even their lives to share this message from a carpenter who lived in an obscure Palestinian town thousands of years ago?

The difference is that Christianity is not just one more world religion. Nor is it merely a powerful message.

It is a relationship with God's only Son, who became a man so He could be punished for the sins of the people He created - out of no other motive than love.

It is a relationship with Jesus, the Savior of the world who, according to historical records and the testimonies of hundreds of eyewitnesses, was charged with treason, executed on a Roman cross, rose from the dead, and is alive today. The founders of all the other major world religions died too - and are still in their graves.

The heart of Christianity is love - not fear like animism. Eternal life is God's gift to all who belong to Him; it is not earned by following the pillars of Islam. And unlike the Hindu who tries to escape the eternal cycle of pain, the Christian says, "I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead" (Phil. 3:10 11). And again, "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me"(Gal. 2:20).

What attests to the Truth in a world of counterfeits? Jesus. Unlike other leaders, He did not claim to have the truth. He claimed to be the truth. And going to heaven is not the reward for believing His teachings and obeying His rules. It is the result of loving Him.

Unlike the animist, the Muslim, the Hindu, or even the touch-all-the-bases syncretism, the Christian can do nothing to win favor with God. He cannot earn eternal life. As the saying goes, "You can't get there from here."

What the Christian has, who he is, and where he will spend eternity depend entirely on the grace - the unearned favor - of the God who made him. He cannot pay for his sins. God is too holy, and even the least sin is too great to be atoned for by man's pitiful penances, meaningless meditations, and religious rituals. He can only accept the free gift of forgiveness from the One who paid his debt.

What is the Christian distinctive?

It's not patience in suffering, a life of prayer, or perfect attendance at church. It's not a better idea or a deeper philosophy. It has nothing to do with priests, popes, or pastors. It's not what we have or what we do.

It's Who we know, accept and love.

There is but one distinctive in Christianity - Christ Himself. And that is the wonderful news with which we are privileged - and commissioned - to share with the world.

9. truestory Registered Senior Member

Another tidbit, FYI:

The Hindu Holy Scripture Srimad Bhagavatam (5000 yrs. old) prophecied of the birth of Yas'hua Christ, identifying Him as Son of God and calling Him by name:

Srimad Bhagavatam (1st Canto, 3rd Chapter, 25th Verse).
    [The Vaishnava priesthood and their lineage have preserved Srimad Bhagavatam for over 5000 years] "athaasan yuga-sandhyaayaam dasyu-praayesu raajasu janitaa visnu-yas'aaso namana kalkir jagat-patih"

Independent translations of 'non-christian' vaishnava sanskrit scholar:

1) "Thereafter at the conjunction of two yugas (solar ages), The Lord of All Creation, will take His birth as the Incarnation of the Lord and be known as Son of God Yas'hua. At this time the rulers of the earth will have degenerated into plunderers."

2) "Thereafter in the midst of two yugas, the Lord of All Creation, will be known as Jesus Son of God, Emmanuel. At this time most
    of the worlds rulers will have degenerated into plunderers"

10. Corp.Hudson Registered Senior Member

Actually, hindus do not believe that gods message is love. They believe that god wants them to find their atman- not love.