Indulgences; moral or immoral? How much for a rape Pope Francis?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Indulgences; moral or immoral? How much for a rape Pope Francis?

Martin Luther at least had the good sense to know that the church could not honestly believe that they could bargain away consequences imposed by God, ---- or bribe God’s justice, ---- with indulgences.

He recognized how completely immoral and flagrant such lies from the church were and chose to break from that immorality and outright theft.

Strange that the Catholics of today just keep buying the lies without a peep and secular governments, ---- that are supposed to care for their constituents, ---- all ignore this crime against the gullible.

Seems that Catholic morals are no better than Protestant Christians when it comes to bargaining in God’s name, --- and bribing his justice. Not to mention secular law that has abandoned their most vulnerable charges.

Shame on the R. C. C. and all Christians for allowing such a flim-flam man to lead the Catholic and Christian world.

Shame on governments for ignoring this flagrant crime.

In the days of old, I could buy my way out of a crime. Rape for instance, for a given price.

How much would I need to pay the Pope to have him bribe God’s justice today?

Now I know that the Pope would never give a price but there definitely was a price back when.

I would suggest $ 5,000.00 per rape.

Do you think that too high or too low?

Are you getting the idea I am trying to give you yet?

God’s justice for sale folks. Buy your bribes ASAP before they run out.

Send all requests and funds to the Vatican, --- in care of Satan.

Indulgences; moral or immoral?

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Yes, unfortunately...this (still) is an "infallible" teaching of the Catholic Church. (and if one is a practicing Catholic, he/she is obliged to believe it.) :/

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

So, I just ran across something stating that the Catholic Church has never approved of the "sale" of indulgences. Hmmm...

Rome sweet Rome.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

They do not support human sacrifice either but are somehow all lined up to mount their scapegoat Jesus as their salvation into heaven.

Sigh. What do you tell such misguided children?

Regards
    DL

8. Franklin Banned Banned

This is anti-religious nonsense. The Catholic Church hasn't accepted financial indulgences since 1567.

9. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Every dime that hit's that collection basket is someone paying to get closer to God and bribe his justice and consequences out from under him.

Anything that debases mankind is used by the church to create guilt. Good money in guilt.

[video=youtube;SF6I5VSZVqc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc[/video]

Christians love to pay to be lied to. That's tradition.

Regards
    DL

10. IfIonlyhadabrain Registered Member

Full Question
    One of the causes of the Reformation was the selling of indulgences. Does the Catholic Church still sell them?
    Answer

That's like asking, "Have you stopped beating your wife?" The Catholic Church does not now nor has it ever approved the sale of indulgences. This is to be distinguished from the undeniable fact that individual Catholics (perhaps the best known of them being the German Dominican Johann Tetzel [1465-1519]) did sell indulgences--but in doing so they acted contrary to explicit Church regulations. This practice is utterly opposed to the Catholic Church's teaching on indulgences, and it cannot be regarded as a teaching or practice of the Church.

In the 16th century, when the abuse of indulgences was at its height, Cardinal Cajetan (Tommaso de Vio, 1469-1534) wrote about the problem: "Preachers act in the name of the Church so long as they teach the doctrines of Christ and the Church; but if they teach, guided by their own minds and arbitrariness of will, things of which they are ignorant, they cannot pass as representatives of the Church; it need not be wondered at that they go astray."

The Council of Trent (1545-1564) issued a decree that gave Church teaching on indulgences and that provided stringent guidelines to eliminate abuses:

Since the power of granting indulgences was conferred by Christ on the Church (cf. Mt 16:19, 18:18, Jn 20:23), and she has even in the earliest times made use of that power divinely given to her, the holy council teaches and commands that the use of indulgences, most salutary to the Christian people and approved by the authority of the holy councils, is to be retained in the Church, and it condemns with anathema those who assert that they are useless or deny that there is in the Church the power of granting them.

In granting them, however, it desires that in accordance with the ancient and approved custom in the Church moderation be observed, lest by too great facility ecclesiastical discipline be weakened. But desiring that the abuses which have become connected with them, and by any reason of which this excellent name of indulgences is blasphemed by the heretics, be amended and corrected, it ordains in a general way by the present decree that all evil traffic in them, which has been a most prolific source of abuses among the Christian people, be absolutely abolished. Other abuses, however, of this kind which have sprung from superstition, ignorance, irreverence, or from whatever other sources, since by reason of the manifold corruptions in places and provinces where they are committed, they cannot conveniently be prohibited individually, it commands all bishops diligently to make note of, each in his own church, and report them to the next provincial synod. (Sess. 25, Decree on Indulgences)

In 1967 Pope Paul VI reiterated Catholic teaching on indulgences and added new reforms in his apostolic constitution Indulgentiarum Doctrina (cf. Vatican Council II: The Conciliar and Post-Conciliar Documents, ed. Austin Flannery, O.P. [Northport, New York: Costello, 1980], 62-79).

~ From Catholic.com

11. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

"The Catholic Church does not now nor has it ever approved the sale of indulgences."

Nothing like starting a reply with a lie.
    Simply stated.

Every time a dime hits a church basket even as a tithe it is a payment to the church in the hope that they represent God and that your belief and generosity will buy your way through them into heaven.

Anything that is done for that is an indulgence. That is why the Pope calls a tweet an indulgence.

Regards
    DL