Intelligent Design Question

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by mathman, Nov 24, 2005.

1. mountainhare Banned Banned

valich:
    Nahh, you're a little paranoid, methinks. The fact is that Ophiolite's passion is evolution + the origin of life. By chance, you also happen to be interested in the same subject. So it's no surprise that he happens to be on some of the threads which you are on.

I don't believe that God created anything...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. leopold Valued Senior Member

you know something valich? you use the phrase "are you stalking me" way too often.
    on at least 3 people that i know of. and that is without paying attention.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Vallich, I see you really don't like it when you are called on yet another mistake. Couple of points:
    1. There are a number of threads you have posted in where I have not posted at all - simply because they do not interest me. I am not stalking you.
    2. The things of value I have contributed to these fora are corrections of your gross errors.
    3. You misinterpreted Mountainhare's post completely. Now, perhaps I criticised you for it rather strongly, but only because I knew you would respond with the usual denials and obfuscation.
    4. My doctor assures me I am one of the sanest, most stable, level-headed people he knows. Do you think I should get a new doctor?
    5. I have explained repeatedly why I correct your posts, yet you have not once addressed the issues I have raised in them.

Finally, if you make one more false accusation of stalking against me then I shall demonstrate to you exactly what stalking actually is. Comprende, amigo?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

ophiolite, are you stalking me?
    you are supposed to answer this so i can accuse you again.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Argumentum ad hominem

and

defamation of character

9. mathman Valued Senior Member

I am sorry I started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. TheAlphaWolf Registered Senior Member

watch your mouth!

lol... just HAD to say it!

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Ophilolite:

This kind of behaviour will not be tolerated on sciforums. Neither will threatening other posters.

Stop it, or you will be banned, initially for 7 days.

12. mountainhare Banned Banned

James R:
    What about defamation? From my understanding, defamation comes under civil law. Falsely accusing someone of stalking is not just a serious accusation, it amounts to defamation.

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

i think they should slog it out in the cesspool.

$1000 on ophiolite.

kind of answers the intelligent design question doesn't it?

14. valich Registered Senior Member

Ophiolite has continuously defamed me, stalked me on multiple forums to do so, belittled me, condemned me, you name it and he's done it. I could easily file a civil law suit against him for defamation of character but I'm not about to waste my time in doing so. Now he's giving me a direct physical threat against my life. Isn't that enough?

15. leopold Valued Senior Member

i agree that ophiolite can be an ass sometimes but i have never known him to be unfair. he doesn't tolerate stupidity.

16. valich Registered Senior Member

He has continuously, ceaselessly, and relentlessly stalked me on numerous forums and replied directly after I posted with nothing but condemnation, belittlement, and defamatory posts that were absolutely void of any content to the subject matter under discussion. This serves absolutely no constructive or educational purpose, distracts others from the subject matter of the forum, is extremeley unscientific, and brings the integrity of any and all forums under the Sciforum website down. He is degrading the purpose of all the threads under Sciforum and now being physically threatening and antagonistic in the process. This is against the law!

This is a psychological problem and he should seek psychiatric help for it.

17. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

i do not see any conflict between evolution and Intelegent design...

i see an intelegently designed evolution.

-MT

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

why valich, are you stalking me? :bugeye:
    people follow each other around the board. they comment on what's up.
    if you have a problem with a post hit the report function.

james r. already said he doesn't like this sort of stuff so let's drop it okay?

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Do you see any data supporting that notion?

20. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Warning:
    I clicked on Mosheh Thezion unreadable small text page in his post below and then got sereveral strange windows, one of which warned me that I was in "spyware danger" and want me to down load as protection service, but I already have spybot, so I did not download anything. Instead I started both my spybot and a virus scan of the hard drive. Fortunately both have found no problems.

I am not a computer whiz - perhaps there is nothing wrong with clicking on his page but someone else, more versed than me, may want to look and see if it is some Trojan horse etc.

21. c'est moi all is energy and entropy Registered Senior Member

mmm, I don't think so. I'm sure there's people believing in ID but are not christians (or religeous in general).

Your problem arises with the supposed linear procedure of time. As it is, this is a problem created by your (our) christians background who demanded this. IF the universe is constantly creating and destroying itself (no big bang) then there would be no origine of anything - or at least: not as in "start from scratch". The concept of "ultimate designers" is also a sham argument. The design of the designers is simple: they could have been created by other designers. They may be gone now, who knows. It doesn't matter. There were no "first" designers. These are all things/problems you start introducing, and this is somehow an argument against ID? I don't think so.
    Another often cited argument is: We can't study these designers, we don't know how they did it, etc. hence, it's unscientific. It's a sham objection again. Indirect evidence is evidence as well. People in court get convicted on the basis of this all of the time. Why? because indirect evidence is evidence. If to design life is a crime, a court could convict them. simple.

to conclude: no I'm not an Id adept. It's just a pitty to see that people are easily satisfied with their arguments when in fact they themselves have little ground to stand on. Will somebody here explain the evolution of the knee? Of life in general? I'm reading stuff by people combining cybernetics, information theory, systems science and biology in order to find it out. I don't have the feeling they're getting anywhere. Unless we find a universal law which clearly dictates that the formation of life is unavoidable in certain circumstances, we have nothing. It's not a reason to adopt ID, but it's no reason to reject ID either.

22. c'est moi all is energy and entropy Registered Senior Member

there's no danger

Just don't click on the add - (it's not a pop-up)
    and use Mozilla Firefox (if you're still using Iexplorer)

23. c'est moi all is energy and entropy Registered Senior Member

Aren't you a liar? Do you know what stalking is? That's not a physically treathening!

Take your quarrels into private dimensions.