Intriguing question about Time, Physics and SRT in general

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by Quantum Quack, Apr 17, 2014.

1. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

I think we would have to agree on the fact that a photon could be frozen at a point in space, where ever it was in its propagated path. Further, I view photons as wave-particles with mass, so when you freeze it, you are freezing an object. I don't agree that it has a waveform, waveform describes its possible locations, but in my view, it always has only one location, which changes as time passes.

I didn't take long for me to think this discussion will not work on your thread, since it would seem that I was trying to hijack it. I'm not.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

well I guess it is all for a good cause yes?

It is very important to realize as you have alluded to, that science has an incomplete picture of what energy is, what a photon is, what matter and mass is etc... This is not to be taken as a pejorative. Science has a job in front of it and always will...

It is also very easy for hobbyist laymen like you and I to sit and pick holes in mainstream theories, whilst forgetting the extreme rigors required to establish ideas of worth so that they CAN be picked on.

You are correct that we would have to form a consensus on what exactly a photon is, define it sufficiently enough to explore it together in a way that is productive.
    My above post [ with images ] is only taking the issue that I am referring to, to it's absolute microscopic resolution. To somehow demonstrate the point that when we apply infinite reduction techniques using a common example of time marking we can end up with some intriguing insights, into the nature of this universe.
    and I would ask how you would define this "frozen object of energy mass" and how it could possibly exist if there was no time for it to exist.
    If you can not adequately explain logically how an energ-istic object can exist when no time is available for it to do so then I am obliged to consider waiting until you can.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

Time simply passes, without regard to the presence of particles. Particles exist continuously from the time they form until they cease to exist.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

and if no time is available for a particle to form, what then?

8. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

There is always time passing, so there is always time available for a particle to form.

9. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

except at any given zero duration time mark.

yes I know... a circular discussion going no where....unless you actually take on board the import of the two images I posted in post #800

10. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

QQ, I start a timer exactly at the point in time that you start running. I stop the timer exactly at the point in time that you stop running. You started at 10 AM and you stopped at 10:09, so you were running for exactly 9 minutes.

Question for you: How much time did it take you to start running?

11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

you will need to rephrase the question as it is impossible to answer in it's current from.

12. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

What do you need clarification on?

13. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

I understand them, but if photons work like that, the scenario that time simply passes is still good, IMHO.

14. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Of course it does, This I do not dispute.
    However when it comes to "freezing a frame" which is the context of my post [#800] for zero duration somewhere "within" the duration of a red photon wave form and expecting it to show the color red (or anything) is ridiculous to consider, don't you think?

15. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

ok I will give it a go and see where you wish to take it..

Answer:
    delta t = 0

16. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

No, if you freeze me right along with the rest of the universe while a stream of photons in the visible color red frequency are entering my eye and being analyzed by my brain to be red, then when you hit the freeze button, I will be frozen seeing red, lol.

17. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

and the act of "seeing red" takes how long? [chuckle]

18. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

Hey, if we can imagine freezing time, we can imagine being frozen seeing red, right. Now how do I get one of those freeze buttons?

19. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

The SI unit of measure for time is seconds. Please answer the question in units of seconds. How much time (in seconds) does it take you to start running?

20. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

zero seconds

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

from the same place... your i m a g ? n a t i o n

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

You realize how it works now, or are you thirsty for more!?

23. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Maybe you could ask: How long did it take to stop running as well?