Intro

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Q-reeus, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Hi to all. So the question is - why did I sign up to SF? There are perhaps two main reasons:

1:I believe in being upfront and having nothing to hide. Not too long ago was banned from another forum - PhysicsForum.com to be precise. In my judgement that ban was both illegal re internal rules and done out of principally one person's spite. If anyone wants details feel free to ask - a full list of my record there (under the same name Q-reeus) is available for all to peruse (not however the details - evident in PM's - of just how that ban was engineered by likely one individual in particular). Numerous entries were made and threads started in Relativity, Quantum Physics (less so), and belatedly in Classical Physics. I can site numerous examples where respondents expressed gratitude for help - and conversely also threads where scorn was expressed. Such is the record. In hindsight it's fair to say I have been abrasive at times (I don't suffer foolishness or dishonestly lightly), and hope to have learned to be in general somewhat more diplomatic! Anyway some careful checking and imo SF is clearly the best alternative site for a new 'home'.

2: Have no formal education in physics but like lots of folks it is a kind of passion and am interested in both learning new things from experts, but also wanting to contribute possibly new angles that may get folks thinking. That would be particularly in the arena of GR but maybe also classical physics. Only claim to fame is to think clearly.

In summary, looking for a fresh start, and hoping to both learn and contribute here at SF.
    Cheers

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Hello Q-reeus,

Welcome to sciforums.

We really don't care what happened to you at physicsforums.com. We are not them. So, please don't bring your baggage from there to here - we probably won't respond too well if you try that.

In a similar vein, I hope that you have not come here itching to continue some fight or other that you had with the "establishment" or individuals there. We do share some members in common. For example, I am a member there myself.

You say you're looking for a fresh start. You have a chance to make one. Choose wisely.

Best wishes.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Thanks for the welcome James. Message received and understood! Will strive to heed that advice, and will be a while before getting into any new posting. Oh and btw, nice avatar - Wallace & Gromit are tops!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.