Iran a few points to consider before invading

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Brian Foley, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Here's kind of what I was alluding to. And as part of it was DIRECT quotes I suppose you can make up your own mind on the matter.

Newsweek
    Yeah that pretty much sums it up. So no, thinking people are a little off in the noodle because they are is not being bigoted. If they really think they are going to usher in the next coming of some Mahdi, Jesus, that's a worry.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

If all Iran wanted was a nuclear power plant then they wouldnt have been buying nuclear tech from Pakistan and N. Korea. The russians could have handled everything.

If (and thats a big IF) Iran has peacefull intentions then it should open up all its facilities and show the world how wrong the West is. Pulling a Saddam strategy of hide hide hide will get them attacked. If Saddam had opened up his bases and not been so shady then the US would not have been able to attack him.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

Im sure your freinds have their reasons , unfortunately the reality of the situation is this , the world takes the Iranian leadership very seriously why else would the EU and Russia expend 2 years of diplomatic negotiations with them .
    A country cannot build an Atomic Bomb in secret , it is impossible to hide , with satellite technology and modern industrial forensic devices they can very easily determine what a country is up to . For Christsake how do you think they knew about North Koreas nuclear programme ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

...yeah right...anyone who says, Iran or any other country will not use the power it has to gain what it wants, is just plainly wrong. Iran or not Iran, theyll use those weapons when they desire....

8. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

They did IAEA inspections were completely unhindered the IAEA had access to all Iranian sites for some 7 years and this is what the IAEA came up with .
    and
    What fucked it and made the Iranians recalitrant was the US demanded the IAEA inspect all Iranian military cases as well .

9. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

What do you think will happen if Iran did use an Atomic Bomb ?
    America would turn Iran into a sea of radioactive green glass !
    The world knows this and most certainly the Iranian leadership knows this . For the Iranians to have an Atomic weapons project in operation would be a most imbecilic and ridiculous action for the Iranians , because it would just invite their own destruction . So it does not stack up .

10. Huwy Secular Humanist Registered Senior Member

I think we need a new renaissance.
    Perhaps I should start a new thread about it.

11. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

I am going to hit this point one more time. Iran is not building nuclear weapons. Nobody has found any. Nobody has found any proof of a program to build them. There is no more proof than Iran has nuclear weapons than Iraq had nuclear weapons.

What Iran is openly building and has allowed inspectors to visit unrestricted is a power station. And now they want to enrich uranium to use as fuel. The warhawks are claiming that this enrichment can be used to make nuclear weapons. However for anyone who understands nuclear physics, the difference between fuel-grade and weapons-grade enrichment is not as trivial as the media makes it seem. An enrichment plant built to make fuel rods has to be heavily modified and expanded before it can make significant amounts of weapons-grade materials. Such expansions are easily seen and unmistakable in their intent. And so far, nobody has provided any proof at all that Iran has anything other than nuclear power on their agenda, although from the obvious lesson of Iraq, Iran would be quite within their rights to be seeking such weapons to deter an invasion by the United States.

12. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Well, morons like the current president of Iran would honestly do it anyway so they could get those virgins in paradise. Just back down, you're wrong and no amount of twisting, manipulating, lying, or philosophy is going to change that.

13. draqon Banned Banned

Yes you are right, Iran is not yet building nuclear weapons.

Yes you are right again, Iran is not yet building any nuclear weapons yet, so noone has found any.

Im sorry man, but somehow I dont see Iran as a peaceful country it declares itself.... First the president declares of Israel to be destroyed, then he supports Hamas...now I am not saying that Hamas is a terrorist organisation ( I support my president Putin ideas), but Hamas has used weapons bit too many times against the Israel common folks.

Once again, the goal of Iran is to gain nuclear weapons, that way itll be safe.
    The issue here is that how do we deal with Iran, do we bomb it or do we nuke it? What the UN and the rest of the world should do is accept the fact that Iran has the nuclear weapons, act accordingly, that is defend itself from a new threat by installing ICBMS. What I hate about Iran the most is its president who basically lies that he has no desire in nuclear weapons program. But then, if he did declare that, then UN would declare war against Iran... So everythings going as it should be, with every second, every minute that Iran gets out of this confusion, it wins, and soon well all have to deal with the new supernation.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

accordingly

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

with "Lockheed Martin" in mind....

14. Anomalous Banned Banned

So what has stopped them from getting WMD from Pakistan ?

15. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Hitler was in power for a decade and a half and the people loved him, but he wasn't very rational at all, now was he?

16. draqon Banned Banned

:bugeye:

17. Anomalous Banned Banned

so they are peaceful after all ?

18. Stokes Pennwalt Nuke them from orbit. Registered Senior Member

Iran is about as much of a threat to America as Antarctica is. Once you drill through the rhetoric of the political leadership on both sides this becomes patently obvious. They're hardly a state sponsor of terrorism, certainly less than just about any of their surrounding ME/SWA neighbors (save the new Iraq). Really, there are about a billion other "threats" to worry about out there, if doing so makes you happy.

That said, anybody who believes Iran is not in pursuit of a nuclear weapon really doesn't know anything about the relevant technology. I've explained it before and I'll explain it again if need be. The reactor that Iran has chosen to construct at Bushehr is a Plutonium breeder. Period. End of story.

19. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

List for me all Iranian acts of belligerence , show me where Iran has invaded other nations , or destabilized neighbouring nations , acts of Iranain political intrigue .
    After Israel thraetened Premptive strikes on Iran .
    Thats sensible .
    And why not ? Iran should have nukes its going to be the object of an illegal invasion .
    I have tried explaining the industrial techincal aspects of attaining an Atomic Bomb yet they all still want to believe a Nuclear bomb can be made up in someones bathtub overnight .

20. Anomalous Banned Banned

And I have already told U all a million times Iran has as much right to Accquire WMD as USA has. Once Iran gets WMD all the terrorism will stop because Iran no longer will need Terror once its got the WMD, It has lot of oil to sell, what else a nation needs; END OF STORY.

21. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

NO ONE .. IS GOING TO INVADE IRAN...

they are just going to bomb the shit out of it.

-MT

22. kmguru Staff Member

So, are we in the "Art of War"? When the next one will start? There are too many people on this planet and we need to test out our Neutron Bombs....just kidding...

23. Anomalous Banned Banned

Thats the reason, Nukes need to be secretly strategically placed in different parts of USA so that whenever the bombing starts and Iran is captured and democracy is restored, some one should datonate one Nuke after each countrys take over. After US has taken over entire planet there will be no American left in this world and the world will be left United and free.