Iraq Veterans vulnerable to commit suicide

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by wanneszinnig, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John99 Banned Banned

At least he did not come home and commit suicide.

I know police officers have a hard time dealing with what they see also, and someone told me that Psychiatrists have the highest suicide rate due to all the bad stories they listen to.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Many of them commit suicide

http://www.indiatogether.org/2007/jan/fah-army.htm

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

What was the point of this thread in the first place?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

"Let us never cease from thinking--What is this 'civilization' in which we find ourselves? What are these ceremonies and why should we take part in them? What are these professions and why should we make money out of them?"

Virginia Woolf. Three Guineas. NY: Harcourt Brace, 1936.

8. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

To bash America and avoid the real topic ...duh

9. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

I would probably commit suicide as well if I were part of a brutal, decades-long campaign to violently crush civilian resistance to a military land-grab, employing techniques such as collective punishment, rape, torture and arson.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I doubt it. You live in a country based on genocide, where natives have been subjected to all of the above, the remainder marginalised and put away in reservations. You cannot afford to be that sensitive.

11. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

All countries are based on genocide. The only difference is how recently it occured.

However, I note that this is a dramatic reversal of your previous position in this thread: that Iraq vets were killing themselves over guilt at participating in whatever atrocities.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Nope, because they are in a foreign country where they are killing people for NO REASON. People who did nothing to them, who were in their own country, minding their own business.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/1026-02.htm

13. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Exactly like the Indian occupation of Kashmir.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not really, the Indian Armed Forces are fighting to protect the citizens of India from foreign extremists. Even that is so stressful that 500 of them have killed themselves or each other in the last four years. Imagine a war where you are fighting civilians in a different country, defending nothing, for no reason. What are the stats on Iraq veterans suicide rates?

http://www.ivaw.org/faq

15. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Yeah, just like the Israeli Defense Force is fighting to protect the citizens of Israel from foreign extremists.

As I just said, I'd be very depressed if I were serving in Kashmir with the Indian Army. The only question is whether I'd feel worse about the rape, arson, torture or massacres.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No, the extremists are not coming over a border, the IDF is using their villages and homes for settlements

I doubt it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

And the Indian Armed Forces are using the Kashmiri's villages and homes for target practice. Between raids to murder and rape random civilians, that is.

As someone who supports the violent, unprovoked repression of a neighboring people in a brutal land grab, you lack the moral standing to have your character assessments taken seriously.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

This seems to have become a circular argument.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  19. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Indeed. Perhaps that was even the point.

20. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Your side of the world, afforded so many more centuries for refining its expert cultural management techniques, allowed for the kinds of circumstances that motivated a group of you folks to come to our side of the world and poke their unwanted noses into our lives and our business.

Sadly, it would seem for you, our side of the world has the ability to send your wayward folks back to you to fix as best you can.

We're not feeling much sympathy over here for your demonstrated incompetence at managing your own business, without us having to intercede and show you how it's properly done.

Instead of slamming us, get off your butt and fix your own problems. We don't need to listen to your constant b'tching about how we complicate your oh so much more superior lifestyle.

It's just not looking that way from here.

Sorry for your life. Not our problem -- until you make it our problem, then we deal with it on our terms.

Deal with it.

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Kettle...meet pot.

Pot...kettle.

22. wanneszinnig God doesn't work 2day Registered Senior Member

chec the first pages

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Should knock down that Statue of Liberty.

When you come to our lands it is to take and destroy, we come to build and create.

Obviously you'll see a difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.