Iraq, War, and Irrelevance

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Unregistered, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Unregistered The Original Conservative Registered Senior Member

The war in Iraq..there were lots of reasons to invade, all of which we gained from--in many ways.

None of the reasons are relevant really because we gained as a nation and a species. We are no longer threatened, we will make money from a new cooperative government, and eventually our spread of American Democracy will help the rest of the world fall back in step of us. So we do we really need to justify our action? Isn't our right of existence to do anything that we are capable of, if we want to? Since we have the power? Do we have no listen to the 'compassionate liberals'

+No, we don't have to justify our action because the bottom line is no one can stop is.

+It is our right of existence to invade Iraq for any and all gains if we are in the position to do so

+Damn right we have the power.

+We only should listen to them if they advance our position.

...Thoughts on this?

Unreg

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nico Banned Banned

Ahh in others words the WHITE BURDEON!

That rhectorical idoitcy and rather elistist view of American policy is right on. This is exactly what the rejects in the PNAC crowd think, we have so much power who is going to stop us from spreading "American democracy"= British "White Burdeon". You cannot even begin to contemplate the damage and complications a "democracy" can bring to Iraq. Most likely a era of anarchy, and let's hope it's not modeled after "American democracy" hey then you don't even need to have majority votes you can go straight into office.

So we do we really need to justify our action? Isn't our right of existence to do anything that we are capable of, if we want to?

So then using this logic 9/11 dosen't have to be justified. Think before you speak.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Unregister yourself.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jagger Registered Senior Member

Does the murderer have the right to murder since he can do it?

Does the child molester have the right to molest children since he can do it?

Does the US have the right to invade and conquer another country which hadn't attacked it nor was threatening to attack it just because it can do it?

I would recommend taking some ethics and morality classes. No, if you don't have an inherent understanding of ethics and morality, taking classes isn't going to help.

Although if you hook up with the Neocon crowd, you will find a home.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SG-N Registered Senior Member

Yes, exactly what I was thinking about while reading his post!

8. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

Are you trying to look controversial or mearly stupid Reg?
    I don't think this threads going far, it's not a topic that lends itself to reasoned debate. I did try to think of some response that wasn't biased petty and vindictive but I'm ashamed to say I failed. The attitude and arrogance expressed in your post just brings out the worst in me I guess. Perhaps thats the major weakness in your position.

Think aboout it.
    Dee Cee (Just another non-American)

9. Ghassan Kanafani Mujahid Registered Senior Member

...Thoughts on this?

Yes , you should be gulagged .

10. Guru Registered Senior Member

Bait

I think this post is just a bait to get the Anti Iraq Sentiments in this thread ....No one can be so stupid to put such a Naive and Myopic view and ask for Comments ...

11. Ghassan Kanafani Mujahid Registered Senior Member

12. Guru Registered Senior Member

Teenage Rantings

I think this guy Unreg is pretty angry with his existance as he tries to project himself as a cold hearted person to attract attention and extreme reactions from all...as even supporters of Bush administration would not accept the point of view he is presenting it seems he just wants to say something sensational so peope would stop and chide him ....I think he is a teen moron looking for attention on the net.

I think people like these should not take part in forums as they just bring lot of anger and hatred instead of an educated point of view..

13. pillowtalk Registered Senior Member

bravo UNREGISTERED..

this was the most honest (and true) statement about iraqi war. yes, you guys have the power and you can do whatever you want with it. please others stop bullshitting about saving poor iraqis, bringing democracy to them. hearing that's making me sick.

14. Ghassan Kanafani Mujahid Registered Senior Member

I agree we should all be so honest as Unregistered , ofcourse morally there is less appreciation as is obvious .

15. Spyke Registered Senior Member

Dee Cee (Just another non-American)

That's OK, DC. We Americans won't hold that against you.

16. Unregistered The Original Conservative Registered Senior Member

I think many of you are very eager to read into the situation. I spoke of the brutal truth...and honestly, compassion is a very self-serving emotion. Your compassion can take you somewhere, sure. I just don't feel like repressing myself for others; I'd easily watch a human being die than die myself. In my humble observation, you guys should stop reading into stereotypes, witty insults, cynical 'observations', and start getting real to whats going on...nervous frittery 'I think this guy Unreg is pretty angry with his existance' additives can't divert from the fact that we can do whatever we want; as human beings and nations.

Unreg

17. Ghassan Kanafani Mujahid Registered Senior Member

And so ur stuck . U state . U dont argue .

18. nico Banned Banned

I spoke of the brutal truth...and honestly, compassion is a very self-serving emotion

Surely like the sucking sounds coming out the administration claiming that 9/11 was the causis belli for war. And honesty, you want honesty, your a moronic ape.

19. Unregistered The Original Conservative Registered Senior Member

Re: I spoke of the brutal truth...and honestly, compassion is a very self-serving emotion

Surely like the sucking sounds coming out the administration claiming that 9/11 was the causis belli for war.

...I don't understand.

And honesty, you want honesty, your a moronic ape.

We need not get angry over some stupid political points we all have, nico. There is no need to flame. Well, unless of course you are a young liberal with a flaming heart

Unreg

20. nico Banned Banned

Nicht registriert Raus RAUS!

I think u should leave WEP because you obviously cannot handle the truth. Moronic is not something emotional, it is accurate description of your state of mind, and ape you are indeed.

...I don't understand.

Not surprised.Sie schwachsinnige Volksscheiße.

21. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

Blather.

Nico, although this thread should be closed, you should also leave the forum, if that should really be a result of expressing a controversal opinion. Guffaw.

As to U-REG's post, that is in fact the most moral thing I have ever read. A moral person's duty is to forther themsleves. Other people are only conduits of self-aggrandisement. Of course, this is in the most basic sense- it does not imply brutality- but want pervades every one of our actions.

The question raised on Iraq then is a question of benefit. We did it as an attempt at benefitting, and in the most basic sense to end the war on terror. A question of right is irrelevant: we had every right to becuase we possess the capablities.

A question to ask is then: will negative outweigh positive if we take this course of action? An argument to that effect can be made very well now, as all news out of Iraq seems to be negative. But unethical? How has the war been carried out unethically?

U-REG is pointing out the drive behind the action, not the action itself. An action carried out for arbitrary benefit- a war of amusement, or plunder- is unethical, but this war was not.

And if you disagree with America's use of her forces, you have the right to physically stop her from using them. You have your own forces. That is the position the government takes when dealing with mureders, child molesters, and thieves.

Without a means of enforcement, empty words in the Constitution do nothing to take away the murderer's right. In fact, it can only be impeded by action from another body, but the right always exists.

So, please, attack the US, and render her unable to ever carry out wars that you disagree with. Every nation has that right, but due to the US's position, those rights are almost unilaterally impeded.

Leave ethics to individual instances of ethics- as in how the war is carried out. But a right to a unique motive is inherant.

22. Jagger Registered Senior Member

You may want to look up the word 'right' in the dictionary. Murder and right do not go together anymore than a war of agression and right.

And as to "enforcement", there are two means of "enforcement". One is "self discipline" based on belief in morality and ethics and the other is "outside power". The Bush administration and a substantial portion of his low brow supporters lack the "self discipline" portion of enforcement. Now the Bush admin is meeting that "outside force" in Iraq today. With America in tow, Bush may learn that "outside force" is even less pleasant than "self discipline".

"Want" always drives action. But wise people at an early age realize that they are more likely to achieve their "wants" though cooperation rather than, as a child, seizing what they desire. When you try to steal something from someone, they might try to fight back. And you never know who will win in the end as we are finding out in Iraq today.

I guess this is the type of illogic we should expect when our kids are raised exposed to a non-stop diet of violence on TV. We really should try to get our kids out into the real world. Lessons can be learned in how people actually interact.

ADDED: Of course, when those who believe in brute power enter the real world, they will learn the hard way. The first time you try to stab someone in the back at work because you can, your reputation will be established. And smart people, joined together, will ruin you. Even one wise person can destroy you if others agree with his actions as you are danger. Acting alone and unethically, you will be destroyed.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2003
  23. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

The Iraqi war was planned far in advance- for reasons greater than short term benefit. The US has not attempted to steal Iraq, or any of its resources, it has merely used it as a partner in a deal that is mutually beneficial.

I made a point about arbitrary wars; this was not one.